• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Meanwhile in Texas...

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
The parents of a 16-month-old child face charges for allegedly leaving the toddler in an unlocked and running car as they gambled, and two men also were arrested for allegedly stealing that car and dropping the child off in a parking lot, the Harris County Sheriff's Office said.
This story reeks of so much stupid that a new word might be needed. Dropped a 16 month old off in a park parking lot?!
At about 12:25 a.m., a park ranger closing up MacGregor Park -- 20 miles away in Houston -- saw what he at first thought was an animal walking through the parking lot, Harris County Sheriff Sgt. Ben Beall said. Instead, it was the missing child wearing a onesie and shivering cold in the night.
There are no words to describe just how wrong all of that was.

That's horrible. Thankfully the child was found before before he was serioulsy injured. There seems to be a lot of selfish, incompetent parents these days. I don't get it.

Okay, this is just me, but if I'm going all-in at a hot table with a partner who can cap my bets, then little Destiny can wait out in the Ford Fiesta. Ever heard of 'Seven come eleven, baby needs a new pair of shoes'??

What were they supposed to do? Lock the child in the car with the AC off?

You people are monsters for wanting something like that. :mad:

There have been a few instances here where children have been locked in cars and they haven’t done well.

One woman not too far from me left her kids in the car while she went into a house, bought, and I believe consumed, ice and the children died.

Another woman in Victoria left her toddler in the car while she was gambling and he is in hospital in a critical condition.

It astounds me that this can happen!

To be fair, having children in Australia at all is a bit neglectful.

It is not altogether uncommon for parents to be charged for leaving kids in a car. Every once in a while deaths are reported, usually in summer.

Back
Top Bottom