• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Michael Moore Footage of Cesar Sayoc

Koyaanisqatsi

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Spiritual atheist
For those who haven't seen it yet, this is on Moore's Facebook page with footage his crew shot of Sayoc (that ironically did not make the final cut into the film):

My crew first encountered Cesar Sayoc, the mail bomber/terrorist, 20 months ago when we went down to Melbourne, Florida, to film Trump's first "Trump 2020 Re-election Rally" -- just one month after his inauguration. My direction to my producer Basel Hamdan and our longtime collaborator Eric Weinrib was to NOT film Trump, but rather only film the people who came out to see him. My feeling was, after one month in office, we didn't need to hear anything more from Trump's mouth -- we already knew everything we needed to know about him.

Who we needed to understand were our fellow Americans, lost souls full of anger and possible violence, easily fed a pile of lies so large and toxic that we wondered if there would ever be a chance that we could bring them back from the Dark Side.

Our footage of Mr. Sayoc would never make it into the final cut of what would be the film that is now in its last week in cinemas across America. But I’d like to share it with you, if only to give you a momentary glimpse of him in action (all are free to use this video and share it).

You've seen the photos of him on the news over the past couple days-- a slight, normal, everyday American. But those are from before. Here with our footage I can show you what he had actually become -- overdosed on steroids in what looks like some desperate attempt to hang on to what was left of his manhood. Men, people like Cesar have been led to believe, were and are under attack by the likes of Hillary and Michelle and all those "feminazis" who’ve had but one mission: political castration. The theft of power from the patriarchy that had been in place for 10,000 years. The end of men.

Here in this outtake from "Fahrenheit 11/9" is 3 minutes and 38 seconds of raw, unedited footage -- and you can see what Sayoc had become by early 2017, his body grossly deformed into what he thought a man should be, muscles the size of basketballs, he’s wearing a sleeveless white T-shirt, holding a big anti-CNN sign and, along with his fellow Trumpsters, is yelling at the journalists who had gathered in the media pen. You'll see him two or three times, each for a few seconds, but if you pause on him you will also see something profound. Underneath his threatening Hulk-like exterior, there is fear in his eyes and, for a quick moment, you can see he is already gone, a lost dog with no direction home.

What do we do with the thousands of other Cesar Sayocs? They have been told by Trump that they are at war -- WAR! -- against the rest of us, the vast, vast majority who believe climate change is real, who state without equivocation that women are equal citizens with an absolute right to control their own reproductive organs, who have seen how the free enterprise system is a hoax designed to destroy the middle class, and who demand that all people have a right to easily cast their votes without any interference. Cesar and his bros ARE at war, against all these things, against us, the majority, and they are at war inside of and against themselves. This is why they will lose, but not before they take a few of us with them.

Needless to say I was a bit shaken to see that Sayoc had placed a photo of me with a crosshairs target over my face on the side of his van. Over the past 15 years I have encountered men like him many times. I stopped counting the death threats long ago. I've been assaulted more than a half-dozen times (men with knives, clubs, hot scalding coffee thrown at my face) — and then there was the man who was making a fertilizer bomb (a la Oklahoma City) to blow up my house, only to be thwarted by his AK-47 which went off accidentally. A neighbor heard it, called the cops, and off to prison he went.

So none of this week's abhorrence surprises me in the least—except for the fact that it is the President himself who is the "what-me?" instigator of it.

Maybe someday I'll get a chance to sit down with Mr. Sayoc and break bread and ask him “why me?” on his van? Because of this target he put on me, the police and security people were looking on Friday to see if a package had been sent to me and, if so, is it still somewhere in the postal delivery system. So far, so good!

Today we grieve over the latest loss of life this weekend in Pittsburgh. As it was when fascism started to spread in the last century, it begins with just a few thugs committing random acts of violence against the people whom their leader has told them to hate. Yet no matter what awful events await us in the coming days or weeks, we will not be deterred from our singular mission: The electoral tsunami of voters we are bringing to the polls on November 6th to end this madness.

-Michael Moore

I saw it a few days ago on MSNBC, but I also read about Michael Moore releasing his own footage of it at lunch time, while reading WaPo on my phone. I imagine the media will be blamed for telling the truth. The guy is a sick fuck, inspired by the sick rhetoric of the president, but most Republicans are still blaming the media. We live in very troubling times.

Not really, when you consider that "strong Trump supporters" only constitute about 10-15% of Americans overall. That's the normal percentage of radical extremists at both ends of our political spectrum at any given moment.

It is still scary. Extremists are one thing... these people trust Trump for accurate information! The man lies so often and so blatantly that he is doubling the rate every few months. There is no possibility of anyone with any amount of sanity and rationality could trust him for "accurate information". That's beyond being an extremist.

It is still scary. Extremists are one thing... these people trust Trump for accurate information! The man lies so often and so blatantly that he is doubling the rate every few months. There is no possibility of anyone with any amount of sanity and rationality could trust him for "accurate information". That's beyond being an extremist.

When it comes to the small things that dont matter (crowd size, length of his dick)its more than fair to say Trump does lie more than any other politician.

But when it comes to the big important stuff that actually matters (trade, high value jobs, Israel embassy, low taxes, less immigration), Trump actually tells the truth like no other. He tells the truth on campaign promises so well, the average person does not even know how to handle a politician that actually does tell the truth. Because such truth telling has never happened in our lifetimes.

That is why his supporters will NOT abandon him.

He tells the truth on campaign promises so well, the average person does not even know how to handle a politician that actually does tell the truth.

How's that "lock her up" thing coming along?

In that poll it was 21%.

Out of 2,420 adults surveyed (with an error margin of 2.5%). Even if we could reliably extrapolate that percentage to all Americans, it's still more-or-less normal. Both ends of our political spectrum have around those percentages of "strong supporters" all the time.

Here's a YouGov poll from September 2016. Hillary's "very favorable" total rating among men and women surveyed was 22%; Trump's was 19% (21% among men).

When it comes to the small things that dont matter (crowd size, length of his dick)its more than fair to say Trump does lie more than any other politician.

But when it comes to the big important stuff that actually matters (trade, high value jobs, Israel embassy, low taxes, less immigration), Trump actually tells the truth like no other. He tells the truth on campaign promises so well, the average person does not even know how to handle a politician that actually does tell the truth. Because such truth telling has never happened in our lifetimes.

Yeah, for example, just recently,

‘Where Do We Have Tariffs?’ Trump Asks. Here’s a List - WSJ

“We don’t have tariffs anywhere,” President Trump said in a recent interview with The Wall Street Journal. In fact, his administration this year has placed levies on more than $300 billion in imports.

There Will Be No Middle-Class Tax Cut This Week. Or Next Month.

Trump told reporters, “We’re giving a middle-income tax reduction of about 10 percent – we’re doing it now for middle-income people…We’re putting in a resolution sometime in the next week or week and a half, two weeks.”

The founder of Trump University would never lie to his chumps supporters!

Trump lies about EVERYTHING - big and small - and his rate of lying is increasing.

His "supporters" are like brain-washed cult followers

But when it comes to the big important stuff that actually matters (trade, high value jobs, Israel embassy, low taxes, less immigration), Trump actually tells the truth like no other.

He has repeatedly told several lies about each and every one of those topics, save perhaps the embassy.

Dunning-Kruger is why they won't abandon him, but then that's not a huge shock. Radical extremists are mentally unbalanced just in general, so he can keep his 20%.

Back
Top Bottom