• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Motorcycle racing.

Worldtraveller

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Anyone here follow or otherwise interested in it?

I follow the american series (Motoamerica), MotoGP, and World Superbike. I might get a subscription to British superbike this year, but I have enough trouble keeping with what I follow already.

This year, I'm the volunteer coordinator for the local racing group (Utah Sportbike Association), and I just found out yesterday that one of the perks of the position is that my entrance fees are waived for races. This means I get to race for free (for the record that's about $300/weekend for 6 rounds worth of perks). It also pays $30/hr, which is what I was planning to use to cover the race fees. So this means I can get more stuff for the race bike! :D

Here's me in 2015 when I won a championship in WA.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B33mKknU67tZRndPTHZUeDBTYmM

I'm pretty stoked. I thought I might only be able to afford to race 3-4 rounds this year. I think I'm going to even get an extra set of tires/wheels for racing on weekends when the weather is crap. :cool:

Motorcycle racing is for pussies who need that extra wheel for *air quotes* stability. 200 cc unicycle is the only racing I recognize.

I don't follow it much although I do enjoy watching the Isle of Man TT.

I'm more into auto road racing. I sure miss the Speed channel.

Like Jimmy says, too many wheels. :p

I watch (but don't "follow") some of the car series, like the Sportscar GT series and the Aussie Supercar series. I find Formula 1 snooze worthy most of the time.

Looking forward to racing this year. With the fees waived, I will probably be making some minor upgrades to my bike. I'd like to sell it/trade it for something newer in the same class, but I doubt that will happen this year.

Neat. Trouble is that with so little in the way of nearby monuments, hard to really get a good visual feel for the speed.

You can see the speedometer. :p

And yeah, there is a little bit of elevation, but it's pretty much out in the middle of the UT desert.

I watch (but don't "follow") some of the car series, like the Sportscar GT series and the Aussie Supercar series. I find Formula 1 snooze worthy most of the time.

Looking forward to racing this year. With the fees waived, I will probably be making some minor upgrades to my bike. I'd like to sell it/trade it for something newer in the same class, but I doubt that will happen this year.

I loved the Aussie supercar series. Haven't seen any of it since the Speed channel died.

I loved the Aussie supercar series. Haven't seen any of it since the Speed channel died.

Those guys have steel testicles and some of those spectators are idiots.

i love me some desmodronic timing with a 900 axis...
electric is the way to go nowadays.... 'cept for the collectors I guess...

Back
Top Bottom