• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller Has Enough Evidence to Bring Charges in Flynn Investigation

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
WASHINGTON — Federal investigators have gathered enough evidence to bring charges in their investigation of President Donald Trump's former national security adviser and his son as part of the probe into Russia's intervention in the 2016 election, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation.

Michael T. Flynn, who was fired after just 24 days on the job, was one of the first Trump associates to come under scrutiny in the federal probe now led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller into possible collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...nce-bring-charges-flynn-investigation-n817666

I know this is what the news says and while I believe it, I want to take a bit of a wait-and-see attitude. Some of it can be rumor and some true or Trump's team could be sending out false information in order to make Mueller look bad if he doesn't deliver soon. So, while I think something will come out soon, I am not going to say everything in this article is true.

Let's see what new indictments come out this week...if it's Flynn or not...

in order to make Mueller look bad if he doesn't deliver soon. .
Somehow, i can see that team making that sort of estimation.

Let's play chicken with the guy that can (and probably has already) subpoena all our tax records for the last forever years. We'll make HIM look bad, and there's nothing he can do to stop it!

Let's play chicken with the guy that can (and probably has already) subpoena all our tax records for the last forever years. We'll make HIM look bad, and there's nothing he can do to stop it!

7 years... I believe that the IRS only retains data for 7 years.... but I could be wrong.

7 years... I believe that the IRS only retains data for 7 years.... but I could be wrong.

Depends on what they find. Three years if they don't find any wrongdoing. They can extend it for such things as under-reporting income. They can go back as far as they want if they find intent to commit fraud.

Depends on what they find. Three years if they don't find any wrongdoing. They can extend it for such things as under-reporting income. They can go back as far as they want if they find intent to commit fraud.

You are probably right about what the courts would and could order... I am referring to the availability of data. You can ask for the past 20 years of tax returns, if justified, but does the IRS retain data that long? I don't think so... I thought they only retain 7 years.

I'd love to see FFvC's face if he heard that Mueller just showed up at his accountants' office, with ten subpoenas and a U-Haul truck...

I can't imagine a scenario that would make me love to see FFvC's face.

If they have any actual evidence, they should really go on and present it. It is looking more and more like a farce every day. Keep hearing about Russia this and Russia that, with zero evidence of anything. If there is some fire to all that smoke, expose it already.

If they have any actual evidence, they should really go on and present it.

I suspect that it is probably continuing to accumulate. Not a time to turn on the light and cause the cockroaches to scatter.

It is looking more and more like a farce every day.

Not to me. It's looking like a more and more serious situation.

If there is some fire to all that smoke, expose it already.

Why would it be important for it to be exposed to YOU if investigation is still in process? (Shades of WP)
Do you recall how long it took to sufficiently investigate a straightforward botched burglary during the Nixon Administration?

If they have any actual evidence, they should really go on and present it. It is looking more and more like a farce every day. Keep hearing about Russia this and Russia that, with zero evidence of anything. If there is some fire to all that smoke, expose it already.
Yeah, Giuliani took down the mob in just four months.

Back
Top Bottom