• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New Zealand PM to Trump: no one marched when I was elected

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
Yeah, watch out for New Zealand. As both good and bad, there are also going to be millions more constantly talking about Trump.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...-told-trump-no-one-marched-when-i-was-elected

article said:
After Trump said Ardern's win had "upset" many New Zealanders, the Labor Party leader remarked that "nobody marched" in response to her victory, as millions did all over the globe when Trump was inaugurated in January.

I can only imagine how much crying we'll get out of the Republican Umbrage Brigade after this one.

New Zealand and the UK are democracies and accept people we don't like get elected. In the UK we are lumbered Teresa May propped up with the DUP..
Now that she is propped up by 9 anti-immigration MPs she is now supporting reductions in immigration.

Last edited:
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...-told-trump-no-one-marched-when-i-was-elected

article said:
After Trump said Ardern's win had "upset" many New Zealanders, the Labor Party leader remarked that "nobody marched" in response to her victory, as millions did all over the globe when Trump was inaugurated in January.

I can only imagine how much crying we'll get out of the Republican Umbrage Brigade after this one.

New Zealand and the UK are democracies and accept people we don't like get elected. In the UK we are lumbered Teresa May propped up with the DUP..
Now that she is propped up by 9 anti-immigration MPs she is now supporting reductions in immigration.

So therefore I would not complain about Trump and just shut up?

Complaining is not an issue. The Conservatives are not much more palatable than Mugabe but they were elected. Asinine anti-democracy marches is an issue.

Well, didn't Teresa May at least win the popular vote for her seat?

She won 42.3% of the electoral votes Trump won 46.1% (which was less than Hilary) Corbyn of Labour won 40%

Complaining is not an issue. The Conservatives are not much more palatable than Mugabe but they were elected. Asinine anti-democracy marches is an issue.

You can always choose to take your own advice and just sit down and shut up yourself, you know. I don't think telling others to just sit down and shut up is effective at all, however.

She won 42.3% of the electoral votes Trump won 46.1% (which was less than Hilary) Corbyn of Labour won 40%

yabutt.. how many RBI's, assists, and touchdowns? Yagotta support your team.. no.matter.what. It's about showing the stats so you can tell others they are rooting for the wrong team... or that your team has a chance in the finals.. You don't choose your team. You are born into it and support it for life!

So marching against sexual assault is the same thing as marching against democracy? I participated in those marches after Trump got elected. I had no idea that by marching against sexual assault I was inadvertently marching against democracy.

So what is the politically correct way to oppose sexual assault without hurting/attacking/opposing democracy?

WP is cute. "Sure, the people elected are worse than dictators, but they got elected so the real problem is the opposition to the elected." Fuck that crap.

We seem to have evidence that one state's electoral votes (Wisconsin) were won due to voter law manipulations. THAT is a major problem. Also, Trump somehow managed to wiggle his way through the US electoral firewall, that is the Electoral College. People will notice that the Republicans are talking about not sitting former Judge Moore on the US Senate due to allegations (notice not 'convictions') of sexual harassment.

WP is cute. "Sure, the people elected are worse than dictators, but they got elected so the real problem is the opposition to the elected." Fuck that crap.
oo
We seem to have evidence that one state's electoral votes (Wisconsin) were won due to voter law manipulations. THAT is a major problem. Also, Trump somehow managed to wiggle his way through the US electoral firewall, that is the Electoral College. People will notice that the Republicans are talking about not sitting former Judge Moore on the US Senate due to allegations (notice not 'convictions') of sexual harassment.

I agree the electoral college should be reconsidered. A democracy means people we don't want frequently get elected.

WP is so cute. Remind us again what was democratic about Trump being given the presidency.

Per the same system which saw previous presidents elected.

Remind us again what was democratic about Trump being given the presidency.

You had an election and Trump won the most states as in previous elections. As I said, Per the same system which saw previous presidents elected.

What's wrong with campaigning for changing the electoral system.

Per the same system which saw previous presidents elected.

You had an election and Trump won the most states as in previous elections. As I said, Per the same system which saw previous presidents elected.

Nothing wrong with it at all. But you called it a democratic system and it clearly is not.

Nothing wrong with it at all. But you called it a democratic system and it clearly is not.

If the democrats won, would you call it democratic? True there are considerations for change, including proportional representation, removing the electoral college and ensuring one person one vote.

If the democrats won, would you call it democratic? True there are considerations for change, including proportional representation, removing the electoral college and ensuring one person one vote.

It depends if they won via popular vote (democratic) or by electoral college (tyranny of the minority).

Back
Top Bottom