• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL 2022/2023

Pete Carrol does seem to have a talent for motivating less than marquis talent to work together and win.

I live about 6 blocks from the stadium. I hear the air cannon when Seattle scores before I see it on TV.

As Yogi said, it aint over till its over.

From his interviews I like Geno Smith, seems like a regular guy. Wilson always came across as a self absorbed prima donna.

The more games in the playoffs the better the sports books and NFL TV revenues do. It gives more fans some excitement.

Since the wild card system was instituted by the NFL in 1970, only seven wild card teams have won the Vince Lombardi Trophy: the Oakland Raiders (1981), Denver Broncos (1998), Baltimore Ravens (2001), Pittsburgh Steelers (2006), New York Giants (2008), Green Bay Packers (2011) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2020).Jan 18, 2022
Agreed Steve. However, in Geno's first few years in the NFL with NY, he came across as a self absorbed prima dona. He's much more humble and "regular" today.

The play of the decade:

He was ruled down before the pass, but still, what an awesome sequence of events.

It seemed like it was an accident, but then it was thrown too far to be an accident.

So, the Jets lose to New England, convincingly... and go on to beat the Bills in what is one of the weirdest seasons I've ever seen. There was parity of mediocrity, but even the Bills stumbling. I think the big question to be answered is "Are Miami for real?" With Tua playing, they have been nearly unbeatable. They might be as good as Buffalo or KC. Might not as well. But with Tyrek Hill out there and a healthy Tua, the Dolphins have been much better than expected.

I have no idea if the Eagles are any good. Sure, seem to be on the path to the Super Bowl, but does that mean anything in the NFC this year?

I'm currently predicting that the 8-9 Bucs win the Super Bowl, because this just seems like one of those years.

Beagles are well balanced, less reliant upon a superstar than say, KC. They are beatable, but not easily.

The Pats could pull Stephen Hawking out of his crypt, put him at QB, and probably beat the Jets. They’ve done it 13 straight times. Hoodie has their number.

Miami is a wild card. Their offense is electric, but their defense gives up mass quantities of points.

Eagles are a balanced, physical team. I’m looking forward to watching them against the Cowboys and Giants.

Ravens are getting healthier, finally, and their new young DC seems to be putting players in the right schemes. They also have the easiest remaining schedule in the league.

And then there were none. The Eagles, the last unbeaten team, lose to the Commodes, at home no less. The obnoxious ‘72 Dolphins can pop their champagne now.

Meh, Pats are only team to ever go 18-0. And they actually played good teams. The '72 Dolphins were a glitch in the Matrix. Doubt they'd gone .500 against any Super Bowl winner.

Beagles are well balanced, less reliant upon a superstar than say, KC. They are beatable, but not easily.
I love the Beagles! Beatable? Hell no. Show me any team with a song like "Komm gib mir deine Hand."

Meanwhile, off the field, Tom Brady and others are being sued by investors in the failed FTX exchange. David Boies, a name many of you will recognize, is lead attorney. These investors probably have very deep pockets, and will be out for blood. Tom may have to keep playing even if he doesn’t want to.

So... Snowmaggedon is thrashing Western New York (or "Upstate New York" if you live in NYC). The Bills v Browns game was moved to Detroit because of the anticipated feet of snow south of Buffalo (where the stadium is) would make it impossible to hold the game. And apparently the Buffalo Bills are currently stuck in Buffalo... because they didn't leave before a record November storm. It isn't like they can fly out until the snow drops to a low level... and the airport is plowed... which'll be no earlier than tomorrow. The Browns could win this game because the Bills didn't think at all about travel?!

The article notes the franchise is worried about the travel ban... ie... you can't even drive on the local streets. Fuck, when you are at that point, there are no planes flying out of the airport.
Meanwhile, off the field, Tom Brady and others are being sued by investors in the failed FTX exchange. David Boies, a name many of you will recognize, is lead attorney. These investors probably have very deep pockets, and will be out for blood. Tom may have to keep playing even if he doesn’t want to.
I can't imagine he is liable. He was given a sack of cash and he said 'buy crypto'. The people selling the crypto are the ones that should be liable... of course, they have no money... or it is hidden in other countries.

So... Snowmaggedon is thrashing Western New York (or "Upstate New York" if you live in NYC). The Bills v Browns game was moved to Detroit because of the anticipated feet of snow south of Buffalo (where the stadium is) would make it impossible to hold the game. And apparently the Buffalo Bills are currently stuck in Buffalo... because they didn't leave before a record November storm. It isn't like they can fly out until the snow drops to a low level... and the airport is plowed... which'll be no earlier than tomorrow. The Browns could win this game because the Bills didn't think at all about travel?!

The article notes the franchise is worried about the travel ban... ie... you can't even drive on the local streets. Fuck, when you are at that point, there are no planes flying out of the airport.
I can't imagine he is liable. He was given a sack of cash and he said 'buy crypto'. The people selling the crypto are the ones that should be liable... of course, they have no money... or it is hidden in other countries.
There’s enough precedent holding celebrity endorsers liable to make Brady uncomfortable. And those endorsers were hawking stuff that typically sold for less than $100.

As for the Bills, if they’re stranded, they can forfeit. They have no excuse.

HAMBURG, NY -- Las Vegas odds on the Buffalo Bills winning the Super Bowl this year plummeted after the Bills organization released information confirming that the team bus that was stuck in 4 feet of snow in Hamburg, NY, resulted in cannibalism and their star QB Josh Allen was eaten.

Many questions are yet to be answered such as why didn't the team fly out of Buffalo yesterday. The snow storm that has devastated a corridor of Western New York (Upstate New York for people in NYC), was forecasted well in advance, and the team knew that travel would be precarious in this storm.

Reporters have also been asking why it took such a short period of time for things to devolve in the team bus. The Bills bus was reportedly stranded in snow for only two hours. Additionally, questions have been raised as to why they decided to eat the first string quarterback instead of a third string or maybe the punter. Some hypothesize that the bus Josh Allen was in was full of starters and there were no easy alternatives.

At the moment, all that exists are hypotheticals. In time, details will likely come out as to why things went so wrong so quickly, how they selected Josh Allen, whether there was a struggle. The Bills organization asked that in this difficult time, people respect the privacy of the players, both eaten and uneaten, and their families.

Patriots v Jets - Have you ever asked yourself what would it look like if a long coma followed by an eventual awakening could be described as a football game?

My goodness, what a comeback for the Rams. Trailing the Raiders 16-3 at the half, the Rams scored 14 points in the fourth quarter to win 16-17 on a touchdown with only seconds left on the clock. Incredible stuff from the Rams whose quarterback Baker Mayfield was only acquired on Tuesday! A very exciting finish. And to top it off, Carr had a bit of a nightmare, finishing with an interception to end the game.

My goodness, what a comeback for the Rams. Trailing the Raiders 16-3 at the half, the Rams scored 14 points in the fourth quarter to win 16-17 on a touchdown with only seconds left on the clock. Incredible stuff from the Rams whose quarterback Baker Mayfield was only acquired on Tuesday! A very exciting finish. And to top it off, Carr had a bit of a nightmare, finishing with an interception to end the game.
Do the Raiders trade Carr after the season? Do they replace their head coach? Who would they go after as QB? Lamar Jackson seems like a perfect fit for Vegas, from a personnel and entertainment perspective, but do they have enough liquidity to cover the escrow for the guaranteed contract he wants? Lamar with Jacobs, Adams, and Waller is a scary thought.

Back
Top Bottom