• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Not One Corpse Has Been Found In The ‘Mass Grave’ Of Indigenous Children In Canada

Metaphor

Banned
Banned
Remember last summer when a mass grave containing the remains of hundreds of children was found on the grounds of a former government boarding school for indigenous children in British Columbia, Canada?

In the seven months since this shocking news broke, not one body has been found, and not a single shovel-full of dirt has been excavated from the site in question. Contrary to the worldwide media coverage last summer, nothing, in fact, has been “discovered” on the grounds of the Kamloops Indian Residential School.

In a healthy society, this would be a scandal. A story that grabbed headlines for a week and inspired arson attacks that destroyed dozens of churches in Canada turns out to be based on flimsy, unexamined evidence at best, and an outright, pernicious lie at worst.

You might remember the overblown coverage. CNN breathlessly reported on what it called the “gruesome discovery.” The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation appended a warning label to its coverage, saying “this story contains details some readers may find distressing.” The Washington Post declared that news of the mass grave had “dragged the horror of Canada’s mistreatment of Indigenous people back into the spotlight.” Every corporate outlet took it for granted that a mass grave containing hundreds of corpses had indeed been discovered—corpses of children, no less. They reported it as fact.

Politicians quickly fell in line. Canadian Prime Minster Justin Trudeau tweeted that the discovery “is a painful reminder of that dark and shameful chapter of our country’s history.” British Columbia Premier John Horgan said he was “horrified and heartbroken.” The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights called it “a large scale human rights violation,” and called on Canada and the Vatican to investigate.

I'm just gonna look right here and say that the fact that if not a single shovel-full of dirt has been excavated from the site in question it is apparent that the reason no bodies have been found is not that none have been looked for; that remains in contention at least until many a shovel-full of dirt has been excavated from the site in question.

The title seems misleading insofar as that it seems to imply there are no bodies. That remains in contention at least until many a shovel-full of dirt has been excavated from the site in question.

I'm just gonna look right here and say that the fact that if not a single shovel-full of dirt has been excavated from the site in question it is apparent that the reason no bodies have been found is not that none have been looked for; that remains in contention at least until many a shovel-full of dirt has been excavated from the site in question.

The title seems misleading insofar as that it seems to imply there are no bodies. That remains in contention at least until many a shovel-full of dirt has been excavated from the site in question.
Yup. The OP would have us believe that since not one single soldier has been exhumed from Arlington, no American ever died in any war.

Yup. The OP would have us believe that since not one single soldier has been exhumed from Arlington, no American ever died in any war.
Metaphorically.

Metaphorically.
:rimshot:

Jarhyn said:
If you look at the headlines in the mainstream media at the time, there was no apparent contention: rather, it was accepted that the graves had been found on the basis of the radar evidence.

From what I recall some articles stated that actual remains of children were found.

For example;
Last month the remains of 215 children, some as young as 3 years old, were found buried on the site of what was once Canada’s largest Indigenous residential school near Kamloops, British Columbia.

While I don't agree with the church burning I can understand why it happened. It's not like the indigenous folks had a wonderful history with the catholic church.

From what I recall some articles stated that actual remains of children were found.

For example;
Last month the remains of 215 children, some as young as 3 years old, were found buried on the site of what was once Canada’s largest Indigenous residential school near Kamloops, British Columbia.

While I don't agree with the church burning I can understand why it happened. It's not like the indigenous folks had a wonderful history with the catholic church.
So, let's see here:
Thread title: Not One Corpse Has Been Found In The ‘Mass Grave’ Of Indigenous Children In Canada

The caveat of the article: the reason no bodies have been found is that none have been looked for.

Reality: the remains of 215 children, some as young as 3 years old, were found buried on the site of what was once Canada’s largest Indigenous residential school near Kamloops, British Columbia.

To utter one statement to cover up another statement when it is known to cover the first statement is fucked up and evil behavior.

Last edited:
They need to start digging at the radar sites to get to the facts of this once and for all. On the other hand, it seems like the church burners could have at least waited until actual skeletons were being hauled out of the ground before starting their fires. Its the polite thing to do.

They need to start digging at the radar sites to get to the facts of this once and for all. On the other hand, it seems like the church burners could have at least waited until actual skeletons were being hauled out of the ground before starting their fires. Its the polite thing to do.
I'll point out that the church was burned after the church started gaslighting, ostensibly to prevent even a single shovel-full of dirt from having been excavated from the site in question.

People were and are angry that the reason no bodies have been found is not that none have been looked for.

On the other hand, it seems like the church burners could have at least waited until actual skeletons were being hauled out of the ground before starting their fires. Its the polite thing to do.

I thought they burned the church because bodies were actually found. I think the better thing to say is maybe they should have waited to see if said graves may have been normal and not proof of wrongdoing (beyond the forfeiture of children for the purpose of indoctrination because you're an outsider) on the schools part though it may still sound like a dumb and out-of-touch thing to say either way. :unsure:

To utter one statement to cover up another statement when it is known to cover the first statement is fucked up and evil behavior.
Yes. How is it that Metaphor's brain comes to produce such behavior. That's the trillion dollar question.
The person who performed the ground-penetrating radar survey, a “conflict anthropologist” named Sarah Beaulieu, said at news conference back in July that the “probable gravesites” could not be confirmed unless excavations were done. Her investigation covered only two acres of the total 160-acre site and, she said, had “barely scratched the surface.”
This is the same thing that is happening in other places of genocide. Metaphor's brain is obviously experiencing an emotional takeover aka nervous breakdown.

Yes. How is it that Metaphor's brain comes to produce such behavior. That's the trillion dollar question.
Well, the article covers it up. Metaphor is just delivering the article. There are other possibilities than maliciousness. We discussed this in the covid thread.

A better framing might be "why does metaphor keep delivering such articles?"

On the other hand, it seems like the church burners could have at least waited until actual skeletons were being hauled out of the ground before starting their fires. Its the polite thing to do.

I thought they burned the church because bodies were actually found. I think the better thing to say is maybe they should have waited to see if said graves may have been normal and not proof of wrongdoing (beyond the forfeiture of children for the purpose of indoctrination because you're an outsider) on the schools part though it may still sound like a dumb and out-of-touch thing to say either way. :unsure:
They were separated from their families, lands and culture. That's the crime. I seriously doubt we will find that the bodies were mistreated physically, tortured or something like that.

They were separated from their families, lands and culture. That's the crime. I seriously doubt we will find that the bodies were mistreated physically, tortured or something like that.
The fact that they are child bodies and not grownass adult bodies is the evidence they were mistreated physically, tortured, or something like that.

So the OP is sharing an article that has discovered the ugly truth of Canada... a pandemic era discovery hasn't been advanced upon yet with an excavation of the suspected burial site. *cue dramatic music*

Meanwhile, we still have:
As well as other on-going investigations as several other Residential Schools for First Nations.

This might also be a good time to note that digging up unmarked graves: 1) complicated due to integrity of the site and uh... preventing desecration of the remains and 2) costs money.

And just to make things clear, the author of that article is an asshole.

There are other possibilities than maliciousness.
Ya mean malice.
As in "Never ascribe to malice that which stupidity is sufficient to explain".
-
Hanlon's razor
So you are saying what?
What I'm catching as corollary to all this is that the thread is either malicious or stupid.

Back
Top Bottom