• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

After the Four Seasons story I'm pretty convinced that Trump wouldn't be able to organize a proper coup, so my fears are abated until I am proven otherwise.

After the Four Seasons story I'm pretty convinced that Trump wouldn't be able to organize a proper coup, so my fears are abated until I am proven otherwise.

I envisage a truck driven by a scottish cattleman arriving at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

"So, where do you want us to put this coo?"

"No, no, I meant a coup d'état"

"Well this coo ate Rab's hat last week..."

Coups and rebellions are led and carried out by people with courage. I cannot think of a single person in Clownstick's gang that has any courage.

Coups and rebellions are led and carried out by people with courage. I cannot think of a single person in Clownstick's gang that has any courage.
Yeah but he's a warning: America’s Next Authoritarian Will Be Much More Competent.

That's assuming Republicans will be able to find someone intelligent enough to fit the role.

Brave? No. But Karen is always full of a righteous indignation that can go a long way in its stead.
And when he shouts "I WANNA SPEAK TO THE MANAGER Supreme Court ABOUT THIS!!" that's what i see.

Brave? No. But Karen is always full of a righteous indignation that can go a long way in its stead.
And when he shouts "I WANNA SPEAK TO THE MANAGER Supreme Court ABOUT THIS!!" that's what i see.

This Karen?

NINTCHDBPICT000618634227.jpg

This Karen?

View attachment 30236

That's the bitch.

So now Barr has ordered the DoJ to investigate alleged voter fraud.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/politics/william-barr-voting-irregularities/index.html

The next step will be to ask the PA, GA and AZ legislators to throw out the results and send Trump electors instead. The Republicans there wouldn’t dare go against the motherfucker. And the fucking Supreme Court will allow it.

Coupled with Espers’ firing, this does not bode well. Trump will need DoD support to suppress the inevitable rioting in DC and other places while he tries to pull this stunt. I just hope Gen. Milley will tell him to go fuck himself. Not sure if he will.

SLD

I'm asking if they aren't considering it settled because of all the lawsuits His Flatulence is filing.

Yes, they're garbage, but that doesn't mean it's sure the Supreme Court won't give it to him anyway.

It's got to get to the Supreme Court first. There's plenty of lower courts that can reject frivolous claims for lack of evidence.

But those objections can be appealed.

As of tonight (Mon. Nov. 9) Trump's appointee to the GSA (hope I have that right) hasn't authorized any transfer of govt. funds to the Biden transition team under the pretext that he hasn't defintively won the Presidency. Hey, Republicans.......can we get just a glimmer of an idea that you folks still value democracy?

I don't understand how Trump can get any headway in this quest to "win" the election without unprecedented, even for Republicans, blunt force against democracy and the American people. Even the cases where they might have some legal standing in questioning some of the votes, they are not enough to surpass Biden even if they do throw them out.

As of tonight (Mon. Nov. 9) Trump's appointee to the GSA (hope I have that right) hasn't authorized any transfer of govt. funds to the Biden transition team under the pretext that he hasn't defintively won the Presidency. Hey, Republicans.......can we get just a glimmer of an idea that you folks still value democracy?
they hzve the PRE-election funds, but not the post-election funds.
That were agreed to.
By both oarties.

I don't understand how Trump can get any headway in this quest to "win" the election without unprecedented, even for Republicans, blunt force against democracy and the American people. Even the cases where they might have some legal standing in questioning some of the votes, they are not enough to surpass Biden even if they do throw them out.

But they won't enumerate the questionable votes as a recount. They'll simply claim it would take too long to sort this out, shift tge actual election to someone else.

He just needs the courts to side with him. The same Supreme Court he has stacked in his favor. The coup scenario is simple. Barr calls for an investigation into what he claims are massive irregularities in the election. He creates a big enough furor to throw it all into doubt at least to Trump supporters. They go to the streets to demand that their local legislators pick the electors. Lawsuits and counter filed to stop this. But the Supreme Court says the legislators will controls. They pick the electors. Republicans control the legislatures in Arizona, Pennsylvania and Georgia. Guess who they pick? Trump is declared victor.

The question is what happens then. Major riots would break out in virtually all major cities. Washington DC, Atlanta, New York, Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, even Birmingham. Trump will ask his new defense chief to repress the riots. Will the troops obey?

Don’t think it won’t happen. Americans are naive. I hope it doesn’t, but don’t think for a minute that’s fuckface won’t try. It all depends on the Supreme Court - the one dominated by Republicans 6 - 3.

But they won't enumerate the questionable votes as a recount. They'll simply claim it would take too long to sort this out, shift tge actual election to someone else.
Naw, that would take effort. This would be about throwing the outcome simply into "enough doubt" in the vote that it makes the "most sense" to let Congress "settle the matter".

Back
Top Bottom