• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/pentagon-policy-official-resigns/index.html

Trump administration removes senior defense officials and installs loyalists, triggering alarm at Pentagon

Four senior civilian officials have been fired or have resigned since Monday, including Esper, his chief of staff and the top officials overseeing policy and intelligence. They were replaced by perceived Trump loyalists, including a controversial figure who promoted fringe conspiracy theories and called former President Barack Obama a terrorist.

Knowledgeable sources told CNN's Jake Tapper Tuesday that the White House now seems focused on going after Esper's under secretaries at the Defense Department in the wake of his firing on Monday. Esper was replaced by Christopher Miller, the director of the National Counterterrorism Center.

The sources said the effort may be because Esper and his team were pushing back on a premature withdrawal from Afghanistan that would be carried out before the required conditions on the ground were met, and other pending security issues.

"This is scary, it's very unsettling," one defense official told CNN. "These are dictator moves."

'It's crazy'

Multiple civilian and military officials working inside the Pentagon are raising the question of whether the departure of Esper and other officials will now clear the way for Trump in his final weeks in office to potentially again call for initiatives he wants to pursue that the Pentagon opposes.

One would be again raising the specter of using active duty forces under the Insurrection Act against any future protests. Another potential raised by officials is he would override the military advice he has been given and bring troops home from Afghanistan by Christmas.

A lot more in the full story

And we move forward with the coup and how they plan to steal it.

article said:
State Rep. Dawn Keefer, a Republican from York County, announced that Republicans in the state legislature would move to conduct an audit of the election, and that the state should not certify the election results, or select electors to the Electoral College, until it is completed

“The General Assembly needs to take extraordinary measures to answer these extraordinary questions,” Keefer said while speaking in front of a group of a dozen or so House Republicans.

But Keefer admitted that she and the Pennsylvania GOP do not have anything more than questions. There is no evidence of anything resembling coordinated cheating in the election.

“We've just gotten a lot of allegations,” Keefer said, referring to what she said was a flurry of calls and e-mails from voters “who are concerned and outraged by the circumstances surrounding this election.”
As I've been warning, this isn't about finding fraud or corruption. This is about spoiling the vote, and it is spoken in their own words. "We've just gotten a lot of allegations." No, you haven't. Trump has stated a bunch of bullshit. There are virtually no allegations, forget about specific allegations in specific areas.

The GOP is conspiring to take Pennsylvania's 20 electoral votes and spoil them.

And this is paralleled with the Secretary of State saying there would be a "smooth transition to a second Trump administration". When I first heard it, I figured they cut the audio in the video because he fixed his flub. But is wasn't a flub.

Seeding the military with toadies -

Trump administration removes senior defense officials and installs loyalists, triggering alarm at Pentagon

Just sabre rattling?
Or will the military follow orders to restore America to its rightful owner, the Trump Crime Family?

They were replaced by perceived Trump loyalists, including a controversial figure who promoted fringe conspiracy theories and called former President Barack Obama a terrorist.

.... Well that's very, very bad.

Just sabre rattling?
Or will the military follow orders to restore America to its rightful owner, the Trump Crime Family?

We posted at the same time almost.

I sure hope that military officers will follow their oaths and will not follow an illegal order.

Do you have more faith that officers won’t follow illegal orders than officers wouldn’t give illegal orders?

I don't know what is worse, the idea we could have had our last election or that the dictator is supposed to be Donald fucking Trump. I thought America could have done better than the 21st Century Mussolini.

At what point does it stop being bravado, denial, and stupidity to then become dangerous and authoritarian?

Just sabre rattling?

We posted at the same time almost.

I sure hope that military officers will follow their oaths and will not follow an illegal order.

Do you have more faith that officers won’t follow illegal orders than officers wouldn’t give illegal orders?

I don't know. I'd like the opinion of someone here who is or has been in the military.

I don't know. I'd like the opinion of someone here who is or has been in the military.
There's 70 days left. It's clear to the Pentagon officers who won. So whatever happens, we could be 71 days from trials for violating treaties, violating laws, the UCMJ, the Constitution.
No matter how amoral the toadies in place are, the generals and admirals have careers they want to keep after the dust settles, and not be in a federal prison. They won't obey illegal orders, and i expect slow compliance with any iffy ones. "That's gonna take us 65 days...to plan. Sir. More or less."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...269a7c-2364-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html

So now we see where Trump Is the real fraud. Republicans allegedly pressured The Postal worker to sign a false affidavit that he didn’t understand and then recanted once confronted by postal inspectors. BTW that’s subornation of perjury. If that affidavit was submitted in a court proceeding, well, I wouldn’t want to explain how it happened to a judge.

There's 70 days left. It's clear to the Pentagon officers who won. So whatever happens, we could be 71 days from trials for violating treaties, violating laws, the UCMJ, the Constitution.
No matter how amoral the toadies in place are, the generals and admirals have careers they want to keep after the dust settles, and not be in a federal prison. They won't obey illegal orders, and i expect slow compliance with any iffy ones. "That's gonna take us 65 days...to plan. Sir. More or less."

I have a lot of respect for your insight on that topic. I so hope u are right.

Yes there are civilians at the top of military by design. But military training is not only how to make and follow orders it is about the ethics of command and service.

Believe me these backbones of the military, command and service, are very strong. I'm confident that they will counter any impulse to follow the order of any civilian toady put at the head of the military.

Not all World Leaders are supporting Biden. Shithole dictatorships everywhere are supporting Trump: Slovenia, Hungary, Russia, China, Mexico, North Korea, USA...

U.S. Republicans hint at limited time for Trump to make his post-election case

Silent Rob breaks with tradition said:
Senator Rob Portman of Ohio, a state that Trump won handily last week, said in a statement that Biden is leading in enough states to win election “and President Donald Trump’s campaign must produce evidence to support allegations of election fraud.”

But it's too much for Little Marco of Three Mystic Apes said:
But responding to reporters’ questions about unsubstantiated fraud allegations in hotly contested states such as Pennsylvania, Rubio said he was in no position to know what was going on anywhere outside his home state of Florida.

Like positioned near news?

All of these sub-humans are guilty of treason, IMO.

Trump was a traitor standing at that podium next to Putie in Helsinki.
When future historians analyze Trump's name-calling as projection, they'll be able to suggest a self-portrait of Donald when he calls people Lyin' Ted, Crooked Hillary, etc. And look how many people he said were traitors who attempted a coup -- the "scum of the earth" -- because they dared investigate his Russian connections. Betraying the country is a major theme in his thinking, but of course "country" to Trump means "Me".

Back
Top Bottom