• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

There's 70 days left. It's clear to the Pentagon officers who won. So whatever happens, we could be 71 days from trials for violating treaties, violating laws, the UCMJ, the Constitution.
No matter how amoral the toadies in place are, the generals and admirals have careers they want to keep after the dust settles, and not be in a federal prison. They won't obey illegal orders, and i expect slow compliance with any iffy ones. "That's gonna take us 65 days...to plan. Sir. More or less."

I have a lot of respect for your insight on that topic. I so hope u are right.

I just keep thinking about his Parade. The military fete he so desperately wanted? He couldn't strong-arm the Pentagon into doing that, and it was just an expensive logistical nightmare. No violations of oaths or shadowy areas of legality involved.

Now his days are literally numbered. His and his posse's.

There's 70 days left. It's clear to the Pentagon officers who won. So whatever happens, we could be 71 days from trials for violating treaties, violating laws, the UCMJ, the Constitution.
No matter how amoral the toadies in place are, the generals and admirals have careers they want to keep after the dust settles, and not be in a federal prison. They won't obey illegal orders, and i expect slow compliance with any iffy ones. "That's gonna take us 65 days...to plan. Sir. More or less."

I have a lot of respect for your insight on that topic. I so hope u are right.

I just keep thinking about his Parade. The military fete he so desperately wanted? He couldn't strong-arm the Pentagon into doing that, and it was just an expensive logistical nightmare. No violations of oaths or shadowy areas of legality involved.

Now his days are literally numbered. His and his posse's.

Please post that again - maybe twice a day from now until 1/20?
Both of my parents served in the Navy - starting with WWI for my dad, and ending with the Korean war and retiring as a LT Commander. Mom was a WAVE in WWII. They met at Treasure Island toward the end of WWII. It's probably a good thing they're not alive today; I can only imagine how they would react and what they might do.

Turns out the postal worker that claimed he witnessed vote tampering was lying and was paid $130,000 by republican operatives.

There's that $130,000 figure again.

He was not paid. There’s now a GoFundMe page collecting money for him, but that was done after the fact.

Good speech from Senator Chris Murphy to Republicans yesterday.

And what so far have we seen that would suggest that there is an end to your decision to put your allegiance to this president above an allegiance to the country?

The Secretary of State was asked today if he thought there would be a smooth transition of power from President Trump to the winner of the election, Vice President and President-elect Biden, and Secretary Pompeo said, "There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration."

Listen, these guys aren't playing. This isn't just for show. They are going to keep pushing the bounds of democracy until somebody stops them. It's logical to ask, if Republicans had been willing to support every conspiracy that the President has engaged in over the last week, then why wouldn't they support the next set of attacks on democracy that this President engages in? How far are Republicans willing to go in their attacks against the decision of voters?

For the President, there really is no downside to what he's doing right now. Either he steals the election or he grows his political power, because we learned in the last 24 hours that the President is raising money today online from his supporters, not for a fund that is designed to strictly finance a recount effort, but for a new political action committee that he has established that will fund his political efforts over the next four years.
There's no downside for the President. There's a big downside for the rest of us. There's a big downside for this country.
Over the last week and over the last five years. Only one or two Republicans have had the spine and conscience to oppose Trump and their colleagues' support of him.

Like I said, they're going to have to see and experience the pain themselves of the worst case consequences of their conscienceless, power hungry ideology before they'll have the wherewithal to do the right thing.

Video: https://www.facebook.com/atrupar/vi...DY0MDc4MDoxMDE1ODUxNTIxOTg1MDc4MQ/?sk=friends

Turns out the postal worker that claimed he witnessed vote tampering was lying and was paid $130,000 by republican operatives.

He was not paid. There’s now a GoFundMe page collecting money for him, but that was done after the fact.
But possibly done after being told it would happen. The problem now is that it is one thing to make accusations. When the FBI shows up, they expect names, dates, events.

It was originally reported he was paid. Here's one that's still up.

Postal Worker Admits GOP Donors Paid Him $130K to Lie About Vote Tampering

They set up a GoFundMe page but GoFundMe took it down before he got paid.

It was originally reported he was paid. Here's one that's still up.

Postal Worker Admits GOP Donors Paid Him $130K to Lie About Vote Tampering

Your “VladTV” Link incorrectly claims that WaPo reported that he was paid by Republicans to do it. If WaPo said that, it wasn’t in the article I read.

What a fucking baby

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/11/politics/state-department-biden-messages/index.html

Washington (CNN)A stack of messages from foreign leaders to President-elect Joe Biden are sitting at the State Department but the Trump administration is preventing him from accessing them, according to State Department officials familiar with the messages.

Traditionally, the State Department supports all communications for the President-elect, which is why many countries began sending messages to State over the weekend. But with Biden prohibited from accessing State Department resources by the Trump administration, because President Donald Trump refuses to accept Biden's victory, dozens of incoming messages have not been received.

And a sad sack of hypocrites, who all called Clinton and the Democrats cry babies and sore losers four years ago.

At what point does it stop being bravado, denial, and stupidity to then become dangerous and authoritarian?

It started being dangerous and authoritarian way back when Trump stated his support for the Tienanmen Square massacre in the 1990s.

My wife read me an analysis that it's not a coup, it's a short window to declassify the paperwork on the Russian investigation.
That'll bring a lot of intel operations out into the open, possibly exposing intel operations, operatives, and weakening the case when it inevitably goes to trial.

Opinion | The Completely Insane Electoral College Strategy - POLITICO - "The Constitution theoretically gives state legislatures great power over elections, but that’s not a reason to precipitate a constitutional crisis."
President Donald Trump is challenging the outcome of the Nov. 3 presidential election in several razor-thin battleground states, pushing for recounts and filing lawsuits that are very unlikely to overturn Joe Biden’s current leads.

Faced with this prospect, some allies of the president are advocating, or beginning to whisper about, Republican state legislatures taking matters into their own hands and sending slates of Trump electors to Congress regardless of the vote count.

We may be one presidential tweet away from this gambit becoming orthodoxy for much of the Republican Party.

One can only guess that the political reaction against this in the states in question would be thermonuclear. This must be one reason why the Republican leader of the state Senate in Pennsylvania, Jake Corman, has so far been steadfast in saying the Legislature is not going down this route.

Any such move would also be subject to litigation likely to go all the way to the Supreme Court. Even if the power of the legislatures is vast, there will be a dispute over whether they can ignore the results of elections that, prior to an unwelcome outcome, were supposed to determine the state’s electors.
Currently, Biden has enough to win with PA by itself, AZ and NV, or GA with at least one of AZ and NV. So if PA's legislature refuses to go along, then that's it for this strategy.

If anything, it shows what a sore loser Trump is.

My wife read me an analysis that it's not a coup, it's a short window to declassify the paperwork on the Russian investigation.
That'll bring a lot of intel operations out into the open, possibly exposing intel operations, operatives, and weakening the case when it inevitably goes to trial.
I see shit like this happening, and it makes me very glad I declined the CIA's offer of employment back in 2017. A very large part of that decision was the current administration.

Trumpo Dumpo is just out of options. He's played all his cards and doesn't have anything left. Basically he needs new creditors to keep him in his current lifestyle and once he's no longer president he's in financial and legal fuckville.

I see shit like this happening, and it makes me very glad I declined the CIA's offer of employment back in 2017. A very large part of that decision was the current administration.

It forced my retirement, since CBP, and ICE were our biggest customers and had morphed from relatively benign mostly humanitarian endeavors into malevolent, cruel tools of small minded trump appointees.
I'm actually considering taking some work from the people who bought the Company once the new administration takes over. We'll see; I have no interest in interacting with those entities as they were when I left.

I think it's too much even for current republican party. More likely they would hang Trump than commit mass suicide.

I somewhat disagree with your take on the Repugs reading of the situation.
The problem is: so very many Americans voted for Trump, and the Repugs want to hold on to them--particularly in Georgia, through the Senate rub-offs. McConnell was more concessionary at first when the networks called Biden, then he is now, because now it looks like he and the Repugs could possibly lose control of the Senate, thanks to Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom