• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

On a personal note

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
Fuck Facebook.

I had misgivings about the various privacy issues for a long time.

Also, I'm not crazy about the addictive nature of some of their Skinner box design elements.

Then I started learning about some of the insanity caused by their automated moderation system when my brother's atheist discussion group kept getting banned for entirely specious reasons.

Then the whole Cambridge Analytica thing happened and the previously-mentioned privacy issue became a threat to our democracy.

Shortly after I got pissed about the Cambridge Analytica thing, the automated moderation thing struck and I got banned for posting an anit-Nazi meme/image. I guess making arguments against Nazis is against Facebook's community standards. Yeah, I know I could contest the ban, but at this point I don't give a flying fuck anymore. Facebook can stuff their insane moderation and their big brother bullshit straight up their ad revenue streams.

So of course, I've been spending more time at Google+ and Twitter, which are no better. Fuck, but that Skinner box bullshit owns my non-existent soul.

Back
Top Bottom