• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
https://www.alternet.org/2019/09/pelosi-to-announce-formal-impeachment-inquiry-of-trump-report/

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is expected to announce a “formal impeachment inquiry” into President Donald Trump “this afternoon,” according to NBC and MSNBC news analyst Howard Fineman.
Fineman cites a very “solid” House leadership source, and adds that the Speaker will also “imply that she herself favors impeachment:

That meeting is slated for 4 PM.
Fineman’s reporting echoes that of journalist David Shuster, who reports that Pelosi “will green light a ‘narrow’ impeachment inquiry” to obtain a vote on impeachment “in weeks not months.”

The screws are tightened. The question is, will all of this poop out and fade away over the next few weeks? Or will it take on a life of it's own and doom the chances of Trump's re-election.

More popcorn! The circus may be about to begin!

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/a-shift-...-leadership-plots-a-new-course-160740744.html

WASHINGTON — With advocates of impeachment growing bolder, Democratic leaders in the House of Representatives are beginning to consider several options for starting formal proceedings against President Trump amid growing tensions and internal feuds among its members.
One possibility, according to Democratic sources familiar with deliberations, is moving impeachment proceedings out of the powerful House Judiciary Committee — a move that one highly placed source said could provoke an insurrection among its members.

The path forward, sources say, may not involve House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., who has this far been the public face of the most consequential congressional investigations into the Trump administration. Pelosi has clashed repeatedly with the Judiciary Committee chair in recent weeks and, according to several sources, has lost confidence in him and prefers to have House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff be the public face for making the case against Trump.
“A shift to Schiff is one of the options,” a Democratic source told Yahoo News.
Multiple party leadership aides on Capitol Hill told Yahoo News on Tuesday that a future inquiry could be moved out of the House Judiciary Committee and into another jurisdiction, including that of a select committee created by Pelosi’s office.

We will soon be entering the fire works zone. Pelosi's "Select Committee" might be an interesting development.

The Ukraine deal really provides no alternative. Subpoena the transcripts and go from there. Of course, Trump will take that to court and SCOTUS will change precedence on that too and say the Unitary Executive smack Legislative ass, or Roberts could do another, 'Well yeah, it is illegal as all fuck, but coming up with a solution would be so hard."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/a-shift-...-leadership-plots-a-new-course-160740744.html

WASHINGTON — With advocates of impeachment growing bolder, Democratic leaders in the House of Representatives are beginning to consider several options for starting formal proceedings against President Trump amid growing tensions and internal feuds among its members.
One possibility, according to Democratic sources familiar with deliberations, is moving impeachment proceedings out of the powerful House Judiciary Committee — a move that one highly placed source said could provoke an insurrection among its members.

The path forward, sources say, may not involve House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., who has this far been the public face of the most consequential congressional investigations into the Trump administration. Pelosi has clashed repeatedly with the Judiciary Committee chair in recent weeks and, according to several sources, has lost confidence in him and prefers to have House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff be the public face for making the case against Trump.
“A shift to Schiff is one of the options,” a Democratic source told Yahoo News.
Multiple party leadership aides on Capitol Hill told Yahoo News on Tuesday that a future inquiry could be moved out of the House Judiciary Committee and into another jurisdiction, including that of a select committee created by Pelosi’s office.

We will soon be entering the fire works zone. Pelosi's "Select Committee" might be an interesting development.

Putting a few "select" Republicans on that committee would be an interesting move.

Will this rank up there with the plumbers burglarizing the offices of the Democratic party? Is Trump a rat fucking scumbag as bad as anything Nixon did?

Will this rank up there with the plumbers burglarizing the offices of the Democratic party? Is Trump a rat fucking scumbag as bad as anything Nixon did?

Won't really know until we see the lengths he'll go to to avoid facing consequences to his actions.

But it looks to me like he finally shot someone dead on 5th avenue, in the belief no one would dare touch him. Aaaaaaaand, whoops.

Won't really know until we see the lengths he'll go to to avoid facing consequences to his actions.

But it looks to me like he finally shot someone dead on 5th avenue, in the belief no one would dare touch him. Aaaaaaaand, whoops.

Watching Randi Rhodes ATM. The acting head of the DNI, Joseph Maguire, is slated to testify Thursday. She thinks he will be the first charged with inherent contempt and thrown in the stockade (if he refuses to cooperate).

Trump says he has authorized the release of the transcript... tomorrow.

I saw the news earlier that said she was "expected" to call for impeachment. I take those things as similar to rumors.

So, what has happened so far? Has she done it?

I saw the news earlier that said she was "expected" to call for impeachment. I take those things as similar to rumors.

Not yet. But things are moving quickly...just now I see the whistleblower has indicated he wants to testify in front of the Intelligence committee. Previously, the head of DNI was to testify, and further steps were contingent on that outcome.

The Ukraine deal really provides no alternative. Subpoena the transcripts and go from there. Of course, Trump will take that to court and SCOTUS will change precedence on that too and say the Unitary Executive smack Legislative ass, or Roberts could do another, 'Well yeah, it is illegal as all fuck, but coming up with a solution would be so hard."

I do not trust transcripts provided by the WH... I want audio recordings that can be examined for authenticity and integrity.

I do not trust transcripts provided by the WH... I want audio recordings that can be examined for authenticity and integrity.

Yeah, Nixon altered the transcript he submitted. I have no doubt Bonespurs would do it too.

Worse. Nixon kept his personal commitment of crimes to a minimum, at least until he started trying to obstruct the investigation itself. We know that Trump has done both sorts of crimes. I think an impeachment is unlikely, but only because the Republican Party is in too deep to disown him at this point and they still have the Senate.

https://www.politico.com/

Yup. You can watch her speech here.

Trump is afraid of Pelosi. That became apparent with his Wall. He doesn't seem to pick on Pelosi individually like he does other dems, and now that even Pelosi is considering impeachment it's got his attention.

And yes, we need a voice recording that is authentic, not a WH transcript. Trump and his cronies are the same as Nixon, they'll tamper with evidence to cover up anything. Even a voice recording has to be checked to see that it hasn't been tampered with.

Back
Top Bottom