• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pennsylvania House Special Election

I no longer trust early indications :p but I am hoping.

Lamb himself doesn't sound like much of a catch for Dems, but he's totally worth it just for the Trump Twitter tantrum tonight.

Really narrowed down last update...but Lamb is really overperforming. He might squeak by with it.

Gonna be real close. There won't be an automatic recount, but the candidates can petition for a recount.

Saccone need 59% of the remaining votes to win which is bit higher than he has gotten on average in the two remaining counties. Extremely tight. Trump lost 20 pts here. Incredible. The GOP dumped everything in here and at best meeked out a win in a +11 R district.

Steve Kornacki says if it comes down to absentee votes, Lamb will likely win because most absentee ballots are in Allegheny County

95 vote lead now. 0.34% (about 730 votes) remains, all in red Westmoreland County.

Based on the numbers, that puts Saccone in the lead, ignoring whatever influence absentee ballots have.

Looks like Lamb wins even without absentee ballots...

Looks like last two precincts in from Westmoreland, giving Lamb an 847 lead

Very unlikely RavenSky. There are only 750 votes left in Westmoreland I believe.

Looks like 3200 absentee ballots remain in the red counties. Looks like Saccone will win if he can get about 63% of those votes.

1930 vs 1178 absentee votes in Alleghany are in - that is the 847 lead Lamb currently holds.

Still waiting for the 2 Westmoreland precincts

Very unlikely RavenSky. There are only 750 votes left in Westmoreland I believe.

Looks like 3200 absentee ballots remain in the red counties. Looks like Saccone will win if he can get about 63% of those votes.

He didn’t pull that % in today’s voting in those counties. But the two unreported precincts should close the gap. We’re deep in recount territory.

He didn’t pull that % in today’s voting in those counties. But the two unreported precincts should close the gap. We’re deep in recount territory.
There could be a recount, but unless the margin of victory falls under 100 votes (maybe even 50 votes), it won't change anything. W won Florida by hundreds out of millions. That margin was magnitudes closer than this so far.

Either can win, it'll come down to absentee ballots.

- - - Updated - - -

1930 vs 1178 absentee votes in Alleghany are in - that is the 847 lead Lamb currently holds.

Still waiting for the 2 Westmoreland precincts
If those were in a blue area, you know the right-wing would be suggesting vote stuffing.

100% in and Lamb has a 579 vote lead. That means Saccone needs ~59% of the absentee vote which seems within reach. Washington County to machine then hand count the absentee votes tonight.

I'm not certain if that is legal. Shouldn't all the ballots be counted the same way in a county?

At 11:22, Lamb leads by 579 votes. There are 1400 or so absentee votes to count. MSNBC thinks that reports from the precints in question, it will be a few hours before we know. And we may have a recount.

Back
Top Bottom