• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pistol packing preacher's wife

Bronzeage

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Pragmatic
I came across this news story today.

https://www.newsweek.com/pastors-wife-gun-parking-lot-1457652?fbclid=IwAR0p6iA2w9Kr-zoD7nnjMI0n7LoiH096C6KQmWy6ybOb499V9LSk4KwH_LY

The basic story is, the wife of the Pastor and the wife of the Youth Minister could not get along peacefully and it was causing turmoil in the church. Scripture is pretty clear about this kind of thing. The concerned parties have to sit down and work out their differences, in a spirit of Christian love. I've seen this done in real life and it usually works out for the best. In this case, the Pastor's wife walked out of the reconciliation meeting.

The most telling part of the article is:
According to authorities, Melinda walked out of the church during the disagreement and went to her car in the parking lot, where she got her handgun.

Realizing what she intended, Earl and followed her outside.

Willis reports Pastor Toney intercepted his wife before she was able to come back inside the church and attempted to wrestle the gun out of her hand. The weapon fired a single shot during the struggle, but nobody was hurt.

"Realizing what she intended, Earl and followed her outside"

What? How many times does a man have to see a woman's "I'm going to get my gun" walk to be able to recognize it in progress?

Two questions come to mind. First, why is the man still there, and second, how is he still alive?

Two questions come to mind. First, why is the man still there, and second, how is he still alive?
Did you think guns are for killing people? Common misconception. Guns are for threatening to kill people.

Did you think guns are for killing people? Common misconception. Guns are for threatening to kill people.

I've heard that, but I'm not sure its a thing.

I showed this news story to my wife and her interpretation is that the Pastor's wife believes there is some kind of adulterous undercurrent at work. Although there's nothing in the story to support this, more women have been known to kill over adultery than tshirts.

IOW, the pistol-packing partner of the primary pastor proceeded to the parking-lot to procure a pistol to punish the partner of pastor of people in puberty.

IOW, the pistol-packing partner of the primary pastor proceeded to the parking-lot to procure a pistol to punish the partner of pastor of people in puberty.
Pretty much...

Too bad they weren't driving their pickup that night.

Back
Top Bottom