• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police killer let loose by Trump convicted of attacking wife

laughing dog

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Dogs rule
Jaime Davidson whose sentence was commuted by President Trump was convicted of attacking his wife last week

A man whose life sentence in the 1990 killing of a police officer was commuted by former President Donald Trump was convicted of domestic battery in Orange County earlier this year — which could land him back in federal prison....

Davidson was released from prison Jan. 20, 2021 — the last day of Trump’s presidency — after his Trump-connected attorneys successfully lobbied the former president directly to commute his sentence.

The move followed two failed petitions for clemency in 2013 and 2017. Trump’s decision sparked outrage at the time, with prosecutor Jeff Duncan telling The New York Times he was not notified of the decision to commute Davidson’s sentence.
source: Convicted Killer Granted Clemency by Trump Convicted
I hope Ms. Harris lets Mr Trump have it if he tries to paint her soft on crime.

Last edited:
Jaime Davidson whose sentence was commuted by President Trump was convicted of attacking his wife last week

A man whose life sentence in the 1990 killing of a police officer was commuted by former President Donald Trump was convicted of domestic battery in Orange County earlier this year — which could land him back in federal prison....

Davidson was released from prison Jan. 20, 2021 — the last day of Trump’s presidency — after his Trump-connected attorneys successfully lobbied the former president directly to commute his sentence.

The move followed two failed petitions for clemency in 2013 and 2017. Trump’s decision sparked outrage at the time, with prosecutor Jeff Duncan telling The New York Times he was not notified of the decision to commute Davidson’s sentence.

I hope Ms. Harris lets Mr Trump have it if he tries to paint her soft on crime.

And this is the guy that some stupid-ass police union just endorsed.

And yet, the guy attacking his wife is something Trump and most MAGGOTS would approve of.

Hound, you quoted something but did not link to it. Care to rectify that?

I do not necessarily agree with the commutation, but isn't Jaime Davidson's case something lefties like to bitch about? I.e. he did not pull the trigger, wasn't even at the scene, but was instead convicted of felony murder.

He Was Convicted in a Police Officer’s Murder. Trump Gave Him Clemency.

NY Times said:
But Mr. Davidson’s case is complex, and he was long championed by lawyers and relatives as a candidate for clemency. As the leader of a drug ring who helped plan the robbery of a rival, he was convicted of murder though he was not at the scene of the robbery that turned deadly; the man who fired the shot that killed Wallie Howard Jr., a Syracuse police investigator who was working undercover, has already been released.

And amid a national push to reduce incarceration rates that disproportionately affect Black men, some experts and advocates said the case was remarkable only because such decisions have been too rare.

“It’s not the grant itself that strikes me as inappropriate,” said Rachel E. Barkow, an expert on executive clemency and a law professor at New York University. “There are thousands of people like him and the real question is why him — as opposed to all of the people who are similarly situated.”
[...]
Because Mr. Howard was killed during the commission of the robbery and in service of the drug ring, Mr. Davidson was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison. Mr. Davidson, who was not accused of being present at the scene of the shooting, has maintained his innocence.

Mr. Howard’s family could not be reached for comment on Tuesday. But in 2014, when a judge reduced the sentence of Robert Lawrence, the man who shot Mr. Howard, the officer’s mother and sister pleaded in court that it be reconsidered.

Davidson's lawyers' connection to Trump aside, I do not see how Kamala can successfully criticize Trump over this without pissing off the Dem base. Especially given that Davidson is black. And also given the fact that her running mate commuted the sentence of an actual triggerman who murdered an 11 year old girl and who also got in legal trouble after his release.

Last edited:
You quoted something but did not link to it. Care to rectify that?

I do not necessarily agree with the commutation, but isn't Jaime Davidson's case something lefties like to bitch about? I.e. he did not pull the trigger, wasn't even at the scene, but was instead convicted of felony murder.
I don’t know what happened to the link it was there. Mr Davidson - drug dealer - armed the assassin and planned the robbery in which the murder occurred.

Your whataboutism about "lefties" is interesting Trump apologia.

I don’t know what happened to the link it was there. Mr Davidson - drug dealer - armed the assassin.
And if that article quote is accurate the actual assassin had already been released. So, if the killer got released why not the guy who was even less culpable?

Your whataboutism about "lefties" is interesting Trump apologia.
It's not whataboutism - you mentioned Kamala Harris in your OP. It is also not apologia for Trump - I said that I did not agree with the commutation. But the commutation fits with Democratic politics (especially after 2020) and thus makes it hard for Kamala to make any hay out of it.

And if that article quote is accurate the actual assassin had already been released. So, if the killer got released why not the guy who was even less culpable?
According to the article it has to do with drug laws and Davidson's position in the DTO.

r

I don’t know what happened to the link it was there. Mr Davidson - drug dealer - armed the assassin.
Because he isn’t less culpable and he wasn’t a minor when the crime was committed.

Of course it is. I didn’t mention lefties. Nor did I mention Democratic party politics. The OP is about Trump’s hypocrisy and Harris pointing it out if Trump makes soft on crime an issue.
Kamala Harris making hay of it is directly linked to Democratic Party politics. And lefties that form the party base. Duh!

Because he isn’t less culpable
You don't think the actual murderer is more culpable for a murder than somebody tangentially involved in a robbery?
It is funny seeing you lefties jettisoning your principles when politically expedient.

It is a markedly different attitude than the one you exhibited here.
No one forced this man to fire at the wrong target.
No one forced the robber to rob the guy either. Why should he get a pass for the death caused by his choice to rob?
The death was not caused by his choice to rob. It was caused by the choice of the shooter.

and he wasn’t a minor when the crime was committed.
So? The person who actually murders another is the person most culpable for a murder, whether he is 16 or >18.

Last edited:
r

Because he isn’t less culpable and he wasn’t a minor when the crime was committed.
I admit to not knowing the full details but at least what was discussed was that this guy just gave the gun to the killer but wasn’t actually there when the killing happened. That makes him more culpable than the actual killer??

I will bow out because I may need to read up more to understand if that’s not what actually happened.

Do we know WHY Trump commuted Davidson's sentence? Is Davidson wealthy?

Rudy Giuliani allegedly sold pardons for $2 million apiece (to be split between him and Trump) during the finale of Trump-45's burlesque. Is there any supporting evidence for that allegation?

r

I admit to not knowing the full details but at least what was discussed was that this guy just gave the gun to the killer but wasn’t actually there when the killing happened. That makes him more culpable than the actual killer??

I will bow out because I may need to read up more to understand if that’s not what actually happened.
From my reading, he was the drug dealer who planned and set up with one of his minor underlinings the robbery where the murder occurred.

You don't think the actual murderer is more culpable for a murder than somebody tangentially involved in a robbery?
It is funny seeing you lefties jettisoning your principles when politically expedient.

No one forced the robber to rob the guy either. Why should he get a pass for the death caused by his choice to rob?
The death was not caused by his choice to rob. It was caused by the choice of the shooter.

So? The person who actually murders another is the person most culpable for a murder, whether he is 16 or >18.
I think the person who orders or sets up the murder is more culpable.

I think the person who orders or sets up the murder is more culpable.
Typical job killing Democrat.

It's almost as if spending 30 years in prison does not make you a better person or something.

Seriously folks. We need to re-think the criminal justice system. I absolutely believe that people should pay a penalty if they are found guilty of committing a crime that warrants incarceration. But turning people lose after their sentence is finished without doing anything to help them prepare for a productive life outside of prison does not help anyone at all.

I do not necessarily agree with the commutation, but isn't Jaime Davidson's case something lefties like to bitch about?
I believe the point was to note that complaints against Harris/Democrats can be applied to Trump.

I can only imagine the commercials you are seeing online in Georgia. Ohio is pretty bad. All the ads about the Democrats releasing dangerous people into the street.

The OP notes a person Trump personally interceded with to have him released... and then he committed more crime.

I do not necessarily agree with the commutation, but isn't Jaime Davidson's case something lefties like to bitch about?

Ah so you admit you don't give a shit if someone is wrongly convicted of murder? Complaining about that is "bitching"? And also that for some (very obvious) reason, the right doesn't care about it as an issue either?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom