• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Prime Days Has Arrived - Here are some hints on how to snatch some great deals!

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Amazon Prime Days, an annual ritual of great savings, has arrived and we have been asked for advice on how best to take advantage of the great savings. Here are our top six hints and enjoy the savings!

1) Be wise about how to take advantage of large sales. Sure, you could save a lot of money shopping during Prime Days. But the truth is, there is even more saving in letting other people shop on Prime Days and snatching their goods from their porches. A Kindle Fire 10 HD for $80 is a good deal, but for $0 is even better!

2) Know your neighbors. Snatching packages is a sure fire way to save money! But the risk of getting caught is only mitigated by snatching packages you want. This is where knowing your neighbors and what they like to use or buy can help in knowing which boxes have knitting supplies and what has a the 4K Lord of the Rings set.

3) Have a plan! Running up to a doorstep and grabbing a package can be risky business, especially with high-tech doorbells everywhere now (which would be a good thing to look for in an Amazon box too!). So have a plan. Training your dog to approach door steps or porches can help you later on during Black Friday shipping time and Prime Days. Walk your dog, and "accidentally" drop the leash and get a closer look at that box.

4) Print out your own printer labels. Some people might wonder why you are walking your dog in the neighborhood, hauling a large set of Amazon boxes in a cart behind you. Having pre-printed address labels to your home or "your granny's" who "lives in the neighborhood" and is "living with you while she is recovering from something" will go a long way to helping people not think you are stealing boxes. A neighbor "on vacation" is also a wonderful alibi.

5) Psychological warfare! This is crucial when incorporated with number 2. While Prime Days are great, some people don't even take advantage of it. This is why you need to lay the groundwork for them making purchases there in the first place. Research the latest improvements to Amazon products, especially the ones you want. And for a period of a few weeks, keep dropping hints about these products, their benefits, and about how Prime Days is "just around the corner and you'll probably get a great deal". This sort of tactic can go a long way, and will help you know which products your individual neighbors will be getting, making the risk worth it.

6) Don't over do it. Yes, that 83" OLED 4K tv looks awesome, but even with preprinted labels and fancy story about your granny is going to raise eyebrows.

I tried the dog thing once. Just when I approached the neighbor's porch, he came out, apparently to retrieve his package. I said my dog got away from me and I was just coming to get him. But just then the other neighbor came around demanding his dog back. I tried to work the situation but the damn dog kept trying to get away from me. This is why I've never owned a fucking dog. No loyalty whatsoever.

Definitely print labels out. I was inspired by our president to try the Sharpie thing. That didn't work either. Just my luck. I get the one cop who is a Democrat.

I dunno...these days Amazon sells clam buckets, toilet seat cozies, and the Book of Mormon. You're liable to open that box and find a case of old lady personal moisturizer. My way is more strategic: home invasion fifteen minutes after they take the box inside. That way you can be choosy. And always yell, "I don't live around here!" to throw 'em off the scent.

!!Public Service announcement!! Sept-19-2009

Thieves Guild:

It has come to our attention that some of you aren't adhering to our "One Step Ahead" policy. Due to new surveillance practices (see our YouTube montage) spending time with your neighbor(s) is no longer advised. Please review the OSA as it goes into detail on how you may have Amazon deliver stolen goods directly to your doorstep. For those of you with a low attention span here's the synopsis.

Step 1: Order 85inch TV
Step 2: Upon receipt Initiate a return
Step 3: Put that TV (of the same model) you nabbed from the curb alert in the box & return that!
Step 4: Profit

~Thieves Guild~

Back
Top Bottom