• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Public Transportation in the US Becoming Very Popular

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/06/technology/public-transportation-study-trump/index.html

The study draws from nearly 700,000 questionnaires given to riders by 211 U.S. public transportation agencies in 37 states and the District of Columbia. The data, gathered from 2008 through 2015, points to fundamental changes in how we get around.

"It used to be that when you wanted to get somewhere you would just hop in your car. And today you might think about -- can I get some exercise? I'll use bikeshare. Or I'll walk to the bus station," Grisby said. "That pragmatic thinking around mobility has really created this new innovative ecosystem of urban mobility in which public transportation is the backbone."

Well, that explains the complete lack of cars on the road when I drove to work this morning.

I truly didn't see any cars as I got to work this morning...

I truly didn't see any cars as I got to work this morning...

Just bikeshare bikes as far as the eye could see.

Well to be completely accurate, I also got to work while it was still dark outside and the drapes were closed as I went into the den/office to work. I did see cars going down the road as I got my second cup of coffee...

Back
Top Bottom