• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Questions For Women

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
This thread is for questions about women that have plagued men throughout history.

One for me is why on Earth do women wear high heels? I haven't looked it up but there must be long term physical problems and accidents.

cache.php

I have no idea why other women wear high heels. I wore them infrequently when I was very young. I guess they were considered sexy or feminine or something, but I hate them. I hate the way they look and they aren't comfortable, although I did know a woman who wore them until she was in her 70s. She loved wearing them, and I don't think she ever had any foot problems.

On second thought, I suppose high heels could be used as a weapon. Think how much it would hurt if a woman kicked you in the nuts with her high heels!

I also hate skirts, and dresses, so don't bother asking us why we wear them. I wear skinny jeans with a cotton knit shirt every single day. However, I do love jewelry. I wear jewelry with my jeans. I guess I just like to sparkle a bit. There's some truth to the expression, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend?" :D

Next question.....

But first....why do men wear ties? Are they trying to hang themselves? What's the deal with wearing something around your neck that might strangle you?

High heels: they make your calves look good, if you have anything to show off in that regard, and are a neat symbol of female subjugation and sexual exploitation, since as noted they aren't exactly running shoes. Men like a woman who looks vulnerable.

Ties: they're giant symbolic penises that you wear outside your clothes, and the only way men in "business attire" get to potentially wear anything other than dull black and brown.

In both cases, I think it is silly to assume that an entire "gender" independently chooses what they would liike to wear. We are all trained by our culture to see some things as normal and others not, and it falls to our entire family of orientation, both male and female, to pass down those lessons to us through instruction and example.

But first....why do men wear ties?

Personally, I think they look good. Well, not all ties look good, but that's because lot of men have a terrible sense of style and/or they're only wearing it to conform to a dress code set by someone else. That's one of the nice things about men's style: the rules are simple, and you only deviate from them when you feel like it.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66c7el1E11o[/YOUTUBE]

Are they trying to hang themselves? What's the deal with wearing something around your neck that might strangle you?

Well, unless you're operating a lathe, there's not much risk of that. :D

Marilyn vos Savant (real name) is a columnist for Parade magazine, which is an insert in many U.S. Sunday newspapers. In her column she challenges readers with puzzles, and answers readers’ questions. Her claims to fame are two: first, she had at one time the highest recorded IQ of any person ever tested, and second, about twenty years ago she published a solution to the Monty Hall three door problem which garnered thousands of letters from enraged readers, including a number of math teachers, claiming she was wrong.

Anyway, a reader once posed the following question: “Quoting Sigmund Freud, what is it women want?”

Her answer: “Quoting Aretha Franklin, R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

I’ve always liked that answer.

My understanding is that wearing high heels makes a woman's ass sway more as she walks. I have never attempted to figure out if that is true or not.

Why do 19 year old college girls in my city wear miniskirts to the bar in December, along with high-heels? Probably the same reason they aren't wearing a parka and boots.

Why do women have to have about 11 pillows on their bed, when each person needs only 1, or 2 at most? Ladies spend a lot of time arranging these useless, unused pillows on the bed at 8am, then take them all off again at 10pm just prior to going to bed. It makes absolutely zero sense. Think of all the time wasted over a lifetime putting them on the bed, then taking them off a few hours later. And for what? That's time that could have been better spent helping poor people or inventing some new kind of efficient jet fuel that could curb climate change.

Why do women have to have about 11 pillows on their bed, when each person needs only 1, or 2 at most? Ladies spend a lot of time arranging these useless, unused pillows on the bed at 8am, then take them all off again at 10pm just prior to going to bed. It makes absolutely zero sense. Think of all the time wasted over a lifetime putting them on the bed, then taking them off a few hours later. And for what? That's time that could have been better spent helping poor people or inventing some new kind of efficient jet fuel that could curb climate change.

Out of curiosity, why haven't you done those things, if they are so easy to do?

Out of curiosity, why haven't you done those things, if they are so easy to do?

Nah, that's women's work.

But first....why do men wear ties? Are they trying to hang themselves? What's the deal with wearing something around your neck that might strangle you?
there is in fact a legit and honest answer to this, and as with most things relating to humans it's unbelievably fucking stupid.

go back 300 years and 'fashion' was a thing for rich people - clothing was all custom made, from the materials themselves to the actual sewing, and it was all done by hand.
so rich people would get tailors and make increasingly bizarre clothing choices using flourishes and other random bullshit to show off their wealth, and everyone else just wore sack cloth.
this generally lead to a cultural attitude where certain clothing styles became associated with the rich, and in fact in many cases became used as barriers to certain social class: ie, if you weren't already rich you couldn't afford rich clothes, so trying to show up in upper class society without the requisite uniform made you stand out.

cut to post-industrial revolution and the advent of mass production and suddenly all types of clothing became available to all people.
so what happened is that whatever random bullshit fashion excess was popular at the time with the monied class became the thing that everyone imitated, and at the time the cravat was in fashion.
this eventually evolved into the modern day necktie, and its history of being associated with the upper class is why it's considered to be a symbol of professionalism and business.

basically, a bunch of rich asshole dandies were wrapping their necks in bullshit around the time that clothing became universally available, and everyone glommed onto the idea of it to try and be more like rich asshole dandies.
200 years later, men have to wear the fucking things because humans are unbelievably retarded.

Why do oriental cultures choose white rice over more nutritional brown rice? Because long ago only the rich could afford it so it became a sign of success. In Japan they needed to start promoting buckwheat and soba noodles due to chronic thiamine deficiency from too much white rice. My question for women is why the fetish about long fingernails? I think I know, and it's because it's advertising the fact that you don't need to do chores such as being a housemaid or other manual work that would damage the fragile accessories. And that they might have the time and money to sit in a nail spa. But they're not only impractical they're unsanitary, especially during a pandemic. Can't clean underneath them properly and can't wear nitrile gloves. And I might as well mention taking care of personal business, even though just thinking about it disgusts me. Token symbols of success are fine and dandy but people need to get real.

Why do 19 year old college girls in my city wear miniskirts to the bar in December, along with high-heels? Probably the same reason they aren't wearing a parka and boots.

That was my next question, how the hell do they stay warm?

This thread is for questions about women that have plagued men throughout history.

One for me is why on Earth do women wear high heels? I haven't looked it up but there must be long term physical problems and accidents.

My guess - a combination of
1. Being taller, and in our society tall = power
2. Making legs look attractive to men; for centuries women only gained status through men because they were denied other avenues

Why do women have to have about 11 pillows on their bed, when each person needs only 1, or 2 at most? Ladies spend a lot of time arranging these useless, unused pillows on the bed at 8am, then take them all off again at 10pm just prior to going to bed.

I don’t care for these things, but one guess is that it’s easier to flop a pillow onto a bed than to carefully arange a bedspread. And society asks for a “made” bed.

Why do women wear push up bras and then complain when men stare?

Because the push up bra is not for you. They are not for EVERY man’s pleasure. They may not even be for any man’s pleasure.
Why do you think if a woman is trying to attract “a” man, that you’re entitled to a piece of her, too? She wasn’t wearing it for you.

I’ve always found plain sensibly dressed women much more attractive but all the prep work is not for me, I know but I’m okay with it all. And they shave in all the right places. So that’s cool. The only problem I have is they keep taking my fries.

Back
Top Bottom