• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Reaction Videos

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
I like watching reaction videos on YouTube. If you don't know what that is, people watch music video, or listen to tracks or watch movies and record their reaction to the recording.

I very much like The Charismatic Voice. She's a professionally trained opera singer and voice coach. Not to mention she's cute as a bug's ear. The joy she exudes from listening to some pieces of music just makes me happy. One example.:

Does anyone else do this?

(Raises hand)

I've got a few reaction video channels I like. The Charismatic Voice is great, and she is adorable. I also like "Lost In Vegas."

My favorite reaction video of all time is from a vocal coach reacting to a song I played as a DJ when it was new on WIOG in Sagnasty:

I've watched a few myself. I kind question their honesty though. First, many seem to have never heard of some really famous singers and bands. Even The Beatles. And these are adults. Have they been living in a cave? Second of all, its rare to hear any say, "Geez, that song was just really boring. It didn't do anything for me". I think they feel they have to like all the songs or their channel won't succeed. Let's face it... a lot of songs out there, even by really good groups are just "filler" material for an album. And finally, at least for me, a lot of songs that I really like didn't do much for me on the first playing. It took multiple plays before I came around and said, "Hey, that's a really catchy tune". The reactors seem to fall in love with a song the first time they hear it.

I like The Daily Doug, Helps provide me a more critical understanding about the awesomeness that is prog rock (and other music). Personally, I'm musically illiterate, but he is able to explain things well enough that I generally get it... except for Firth of Fifth, which I was eye glazing based on the complexity. Gave me a completely new understanding and appreciation of the song The Remembering, which I had usually regarded as the weakest song on the Tales album.

I've watched a few myself. I kind question their honesty though. First, many seem to have never heard of some really famous singers and bands. Even The Beatles. And these are adults. Have they been living in a cave? Second of all, its rare to hear any say, "Geez, that song was just really boring. It didn't do anything for me". I think they feel they have to like all the songs or their channel won't succeed. Let's face it... a lot of songs out there, even by really good groups are just "filler" material for an album. And finally, at least for me, a lot of songs that I really like didn't do much for me on the first playing. It took multiple plays before I came around and said, "Hey, that's a really catchy tune". The reactors seem to fall in love with a song the first time they hear it.
I feel the same about some of them, having to like the song.

Watched a bunch of young people watching Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time. Nice to see someone hearing a classic for the first time.

Also for a pick-me-up would sometimes watch audience reaction to Avengers-Endgame final battle.

I love reaction videos. It’s fun when it’s trained people and also very fun when it’s kids. I enjoyed a food one where British school kids were trying biscuits and sausage gravy. (They were terrified of the look but loved the flavor)

Saw a few of a doctor watching action scenes from movies, calling out the probable injuries. Really funny was the church scene from Kingsmen. (lot of headshots in that scene)

Saw a few of a doctor watching action scenes from movies, calling out the probable injuries. Really funny was the church scene from Kingsmen. (lot of headshots in that scene)
Oh, now that sounds funny. I will look that up!

Corridor Crew has a channel with some good reactions to special effects and stunts in movies.

Back
Top Bottom