• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Really fed up with god's selective enforcement

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
You know, abrahamists should be bothered by this. For every "free-will" bullshit argument I hear I can only keep thinking of Lot's wife. The god proves it is capable of turing a human to a pillar of salt immediately when it does something wrong.

Wouldn't it it be freakin' handy if the god did this to every child abuser, every rapist, murderer and hypocrite?

I mean, really.

Every hypocrite turned to salt?
Now, we don't want that. Next time it rained, it would make in impossible to grow any crops within a mile of any sizable human community.

I'd just make it a clearly legible sign on their forehead. MURDERER or RAPIST or MEMBER ISIS.
Then we'd have the free will to decide what to do about people so identified.

It would also help to see if God was moved to mark the foreheads of ABORTIONISTs or PAGANs or BLOOD SPORTS advocates or LAWYERs....

Maybe we'd stop getting messages about the hurricane being punishment for tolerating gays, if God doesn't bother to mark GAYs for their crime.

Okay, you're right about the hypocrites. That would be an environmental disaster.
Maybe God could just post youtube videos of every crime and then we can prosecute them much more easily.

Oh, no, no, no.
That would be a disaster. They've already got people that rushed or attacked muggers for the exact reason that they didn't want to look like wimps on the YouTube of the incident.

People may not fear 'God's Watching,' but if they knew God was going to put them on America's Funniest Home Felonies? Gunplay would be the least of our concerns.

You know, abrahamists should be bothered by this. For every "free-will" bullshit argument I hear I can only keep thinking of Lot's wife. The god proves it is capable of turing a human to a pillar of salt immediately when it does something wrong.

Wouldn't it it be freakin' handy if the god did this to every child abuser, every rapist, murderer and hypocrite?

I mean, really.

Obviously, you're just angry at god. Probably because you want to sin more. Why do you hate god? [/Christian]

I'd be fine with a pillar of chalk, really. It doesn't have to be salt. I just didn't want to tax the god's abilities too much.

I'd be fine with a pillar of chalk, really. It doesn't have to be salt. I just didn't want to tax the god's abilities too much.

But if God proves to you that he exists, he will rob you of your free will. That's why the Bible is full of descriptions of miracles. It's because God hated ancient peoples, and so he robbed them of their free will. I will pray for your immortal soul. [/theist]

My understanding is that the story was based on the phenomina of mounds of sea salt being formed near ancient seabeds as they evaporated.. and this was the "just-so" story behind them. That is why it was pillars of salt and not pillars of chalk or limestone or the like.

Back
Top Bottom