• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Religion science

Since when is the force between like poles of a magnet a physical one.
Since the beginning of time.

"Physical" is the word we use for all forces described of the existence, rather than the particularities of shape, of a thing.

If you want to discuss "spiritual" or "abstracted information", maybe make a new thread for that.

There is nonetheless a "Hierarchy of Stuff".

At the very bottom lives the "fundamental quantum mechanical physical layer".

Stuff like "up/down" and "color charge" etc.

This stuff behaves pretty much "tethered" to a function of math against the "quantum" values, which themselves are numeric constants. Some approaches to describing quantum numbers allow operation with whole numbers.

This would allow considering the universe in terms of digital math rather than "true analog".

Perhaps this is where you get your binary worship from, but it is not mystical nor proof of "god".

It is the nature of several "normal functions" to have a fundamental instability at zero, such as infinite sums on sin(x*n).

It is clearly, observably a property that "nothing", depending on its nature, may be unstable, and immediately so lead to something.

How and why that function arises is a mystery, but I am pretty sure we are close to figuring out what the function "probably" is.

I say probably because Godel's Incompleteness Theorem states that we can't actually be certain we are right. It is fundamentally impossible to be certain about being right.

But above this layer is the baryonic layer, and above that is the atomic layer, and layers and layers still.

All these things interact built on those fundamental "physical interactions" and these "physical interactions" mediate any other behavior you may observe, as far as we can tell.

Way up here in the macroscopic world, a construction of fundamental physical particles, held together by electromagnetism, gravity, weak force, and strong force, then a construction of those constructions held together by the same fundamental physical forces that shit was constructed of, and then constructions of that shit in the same way, and so on until you get cells, and organs as constructions of cells, and constructions of organs as people.

Somewhere in the mix you get waves of the constructions, not just the individual particles, and waves of activity there.

They aren't exactly energy. It's more of a "state wave". Energy moves but really it's the states that are being tracked: which place there is matter/energy rather than which matter/energy is there of all the particles.

The constructions are treated fungible by the system.

As it is, what that wave is, has been described very well.

For me, though, they aren't assertions from a book. I have, myself, built a computer. Not just assembled parts but actually designed the whole processor. I have, myself, also built a neuron.

Not just assembled some parts but rather forced myself to understand the whole mathematical model, built a compiler (for the processor I designed), compiled that mathematical model into a set of machine instructions, ran that set of machine instructions on a... Ok, here I cheated and used a larger memory and swapped out for compilers other folks built, on an actual x86 processor with a few gigs of ram.

Then I put together that neuron with a few thousand other neurons. Then I taught it how to identify "negative" tweets.

All this mediated by those four physical fields.
Everything you wrote is just an assertion. A story made up to explain things in a physical universe which does not exist except as a story. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. It just changes form. I think therefore I am
These three remain
FAITH in memories of a past that does not exist
Anymore
HOPE for a future that does not exist
Yet
LOVE of this perception of our vibrating energy we now enjoy
These are not physical reality but angstroms decibels and firing synapses
We simply create this perception of reality to make our existence as a lonely bored singularity consciousness a more enjoyable experience.
Like telling a child a fairy tale to entertain him.
Synapses are physical, their operation physical, it's all physical.

If you wish to tell a good fairy tale, and have anyone be here entertained, get with the pigeon shitting toxic mold in Putin's eye and him dropping dead.
Synapses are also atoms subatomic particles subatomic electromagnetic energy.. that creates a non physical force. Only a perception of vibrating energy….after Putin there will just be another Putin
What you seem to be attempting to allude to is the exchange of abstract information.

That does not invalidate or in any way change the fact that it is entirely physically mediated.

No amount of thoughts or wishing will allow these interactions that are hosted entirely by physical mediation to have leverage over the physicality of the mediation.

If you wish to prove otherwise, none of us really care if there will be another later. Hop hop with the bird turd words, and put the snooze on this apocalypse.

Let me reiterate, if you want to tell a great story, let it be about that one time that guy convinced God Himself to kill a tyrant with a bird shit.

By your logic its you asking yourself to do it. Who are you to stop you from actually not being a shitty god?
You simply do not want to make an effort to understand… from the very first thought of our creator “I AM” to the Big Bang explosion of unanswerable questions that realization created. What when where how why do I know I exist?
Unanswerable questions that forced us to CREATE this perception of a physical universe.
Taking our singularity consciousness (1) and vibrating it in a universe of nothingness (0)
10011110000111. That vibrating energy creating and maintaining our existence as a consciousness. PURPOSE: to make our existence (1) in a universe of (0) a more enjoyable experience.
Evidence logic reason. I think therefore I am.
ENERGY = Perception of mass, times the speed of light squared.
mass is just the relationship between two non physical forces.., energy and light m=E/c2
No, the questions did not force us to create the universe. The universe forced us to create the questions.

You are made of material, and arrangements thereof, such that those arrangements and material ways they relate interact so as to render behavior and perception.

The behavior and perception being rendered evolved around the apparent goal of "staying alive".

Lots of stories can exist in those bounds, but those stories are hosted, not the host. The story that is the host is "these things, these physical fields, relate this way, by this pattern: physical law"

Your story is told by that, not the other way around.

Unless you wish to offer up a dictator who dies from a bird shitting in his eye.
You make an unsupportable assertion .
Subatomic electromagnetic energy waves.. are not material but they are perceived as such in our consciousness which also is just a perception of the energy we call firing synapses… physicists make assertions they can in no way support or with any evidence.. because every is a product of our consciousness.
So, this fundamental form in play I this post is the "argument from ignorance".

I make an assertion supported by the fact that I have leveraged all of this for the sake of detecting fragments of chemical instructions originating from specific fungal processes. Everything has to work exactly as advertised in the book to pull that magic trick off, and it's a hell of a magic trick.

Well, all of it but the AI. Getting AI research done in this field is pulling teeth. I did that for college, and I'll do it again when I'm building one of the jewels of my life's work, assuming I ever get the leverage for such ethically.

I can even, given enough time and effort, reverse engineer and describe the process, and I'll damn well support it with evidence when I do.

If you wish to prove your own claims: Putin, with the moldy bird shit, in the eye.

Since when is the force between like poles of a magnet a physical one.
IIRC, YOU were the one that mentioned the reaction of two magnets when their poles are brought together.
Schoolkids can actually feel the physical force when they try to make two North ends touch.
Or try pulling two industrial-strength magnets apart.
Ever look at a compass? What is the force that physically moves the needle when you turn, if not magnetic?

It's one thing to suggest nothing is physical because of your simulation theory, but you cannot use your outrageous ignorance of reality as proof that it isn't real.
All you do is read a book and regurgitate the bs,
All you do is repeat this assertion.
Boring. Really, really boring.

not bothering to ask the hard questions.

You can't even answer simple questions. I have asked more than a few that you straight-up ignored.

It’s so easy to say because the bible says it or because my science book says it… sorry but that is not evidence logic or reason.. it’s just assertions you read in a book.
And for all that ad hominem, you have provided exactly bupkes in refutation of magnetism being a physical force.

What is the force that physically moves the needle of a compass when you turn, if not magnetic?
Of course I SAID IT WAS A FORCE.. but in your ignorance of what a force is you ASSume it’s physical. But there is nothing physical.. everything can be reduced to atoms to leptons to subatomic electromagnetic energy only perceived as a physical reality.
What holds two like poles of magnets apart? A tiny version of hulk hogan? Yes THINK about it because that’s all you can do with that non physical electromagnetic energy force.
Damned dude, you really need to get that dictionary I told you to buy. Magnetic force is indeed physical but it isn't "material". The fact that you confuse the two speaks volumes.

So unprompted prompted for an otherwise undescribed random death scenario tonight someone else suggested as an act of god by which Putin may be slain that it may be from a pigeon pecking him in the eye and giving him an infection.

So, that's two votes for Eye Injury Sustained by Pigeon.

That force is not a physical one
Yes, it fucking is.

All forces are physical. The electromagnetic force is one of the four fundamental forces. It's mediated by photons. There's nothing mysterious nor non-physical about how magnets work, it's been well understood since the 1860s.

You are a hundred and sixty years too late to sell your daft ideas.

Of course I SAID IT WAS A FORCE.. but in your ignorance of what a force is you ASSume it’s physical. But there is nothing physical.. everything can be reduced to atoms to leptons to subatomic electromagnetic energy only perceived as a physical reality.
What holds two like poles of magnets apart? A tiny version of hulk hogan? Yes THINK about it because that’s all you can do with that non physical electromagnetic energy force.
Please rephrase in a falsifiable way, and then show it isn't falsified. A Nobel would be waiting for you.

Please rephrase in a falsifiable way, and then show it isn't falsified. A Nobel would be waiting for you.
Indeed.

Personally, I want to win it first.

I wonder if you could win a Nobel Prize for using Putin's death by called pigeon shit shot, though.

And he better get on that quick, or call a different shot, because as time goes on the call of the shot expires and lots of people could jump in on the calling of it. If you wait too long.

Really, you would want to call the shot on the Blockchain somewhere maybe 10 mins before it lands?

Unlike religion and philosophy, the beauty of our sciece is it always works regardless of how you think of or farme it.

Here on the Earth's surcace Force = mass *acceleration regardless of what you believe. If you are going 10km/second your velocity does not change whether you beleve science got it wrong or not.

Step off a building close to the Surface of the Earth you will accelerate at 9.8m/second squared reagrless if you think it is all wrong. The force that shatters oiur bones is phsyical.

Back
Top Bottom