• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Republicans and Infowars

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
I know, I know... fake news, right? A US congressman from Florida was on the conspiracy whack nut program with Alex Jones, railing about this secret memo that the Republicans can't shut up about (wasn't there problems with leaks before?). Alex Jones, Alex fucking Jones.

How much further right do the Republicans have to get before people start realizing they have lost their minds (or are set to make a maneuver to single party rule)?

I know, I know... fake news, right? A US congressman from Florida was on the conspiracy whack nut program with Alex Jones, railing about this secret memo that the Republicans can't shut up about (wasn't there problems with leaks before?). Alex Jones, Alex fucking Jones.

How much further right do the Republicans have to get before people start realizing they have lost their minds (or are set to make a maneuver to single party rule)?

Large numbers of people get their news from the Faux Newz silo. Last night, Rachel Maddow gave a very good rund down as to how we got to where we are. But you will get a far different story from Fox and the GOP. When the FBI managed to get a rigged binder with a listening device into a Russian spy organization, Carter Page's name came up. The FBI got a series of FISA court approvals to wire tap Page et al. Later Page became a player in the Trump organization. But listening to the GOP ratfuckers, Jones, Fox et al, you do not get the full story of what happened and why.

The disinformation and outright lying works because many people are being mislead by a massive orchestrated campaign lead from the GOP Congress. The GOP House leaders estimate that they can get away with this.

It works with their base because that's what they want to believe, with the GOP and FOX news carefully cultivating such stories in order to make a profit of these idiots. It works with much of the rest of the population because they don't pay attention most of the time.

Large numbers of people get their news from the Faux Newz silo. Last night, Rachel Maddow gave a very good rund down as to how we got to where we are. But you will get a far different story from Fox and the GOP. When the FBI managed to get a rigged binder with a listening device into a Russian spy organization, Carter Page's name came up. The FBI got a series of FISA court approvals to wire tap Page et al. Later Page became a player in the Trump organization. But listening to the GOP ratfuckers, Jones, Fox et al, you do not get the full story of what happened and why.

The disinformation and outright lying works because many people are being mislead by a massive orchestrated campaign lead from the GOP Congress. The GOP House leaders estimate that they can get away with this.
That's the trouble. The evidence could firmly indicate a conspiracy to collude with the Russians and 30% of the nation will think it is "deep state". How can we comeback from this?

People do not get their information from the same places anymore.

For some this is the information about the world they believe.

That's the trouble. The evidence could firmly indicate a conspiracy to collude with the Russians and 30% of the nation will think it is "deep state". How can we comeback from this?

Get out the vote. Congressional elections might be a little harder for Putin and Trump to rig than the electoral college was. If we can wipe out Rethuglicans' control of Congress, Cheato and his agenda will shortly be purged, and by 2020 they'll be a distant memory of a nightmare.

Get out the vote. Congressional elections might be a little harder for Putin and Trump to rig than the electoral college was. If we can wipe out Rethuglicans' control of Congress, Cheato and his agenda will shortly be purged, and by 2020 they'll be a distant memory of a nightmare.
That Trump won in 2016, the election that was supposed to kill this teabagger movement indicates it will be much harder to kill the virus.

The fact that Laura Loomer is on with Alex Jones is a bit telling. She is a very dumb scam artist. So is Mike Cernovich - who for a short while is actually getting real scoops from the the Trump admin as to what there game plan was. Let that sink in. Who was communicating first or second hand to Cernovich from the Trump admin? I think John Kelly put a stop to it.

Two things. First, I think that by now, the Russians can fuck with any election they want to. Trump and the rest of the Executive have done nothing but allow Russian interference to fester. Trump isn't enforcing sanctions. There was a provision in the sanctions essentially giving Trump discretion to enforce. Trump has exercised his discretion by doing nothing. What appeared to be tremendous bipartisan support for the sanctions was simple bullshit. Republicans voted for it knowing it had no teeth. Democrats voted for it, once again assuming Republicans would behave honorably by enforcing it.

Second, if the elections are held at all, how trustworthy are they anymore? This really bothers me on a very personal level because now I sound like a paranoid, November 2016 Trump supporter. That is, if things don't go the way I want them to, then the game's rigged.

I've never doubted election results. Yeah, Dubbya's first election was full of fuckery, but we all know what happened. Now though, we can't say with any certainty if the outcome is legitimate. Between voter suppression through misinformation, purging voter roles, making people stand in line for hours and hours via minimal provision of voting places, etc. and the factually known interference from Russia, how can we know for sure if our elections are legitimate anymore?

There has been an attack on democracy both from within and without. Can any nation survive that?

Two things. First, I think that by now, the Russians can fuck with any election they want to.

Sure - it's just a bit more difficult. But massive turnout can overcome the rigging factor.

There has been an attack on democracy both from within and without. Can any nation survive that?

We're gonna find out. If the 2018 returns are as obviously rigged as the presidential election, I'm giving up on American Democracy.

In Texas, the date to register to vote in the March 6 primaries here has passed. One would have hoped the MSM down here would have bellowed this out loud and strong a month before the last day was upon us. If one is not registered now, no vote for you March 6. I just received my shiny new voter registration card in the mail.

I have taken to re-registering each election year to avoid sneaky voter purge antics of the GOP. One month to the primaries! Then only 7 months to election day. The big problem in my area is a surplus of good progressive candidates to choose from.

Man, I don't even know if it is fair to place InfoWars on the right, shit's all over the map. The only common denominator is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom