• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Republicans vs Trump

TV and credit cards

Contributor
Nobody told me there'd be days like these. Republicans beating up their own candidate and rightfully so. It is commendable to see them put country before party. The Democrats mostly just sitting back and watching. What else do you do when your services are not needed?

One of my favorites: The Week They Decided Donald Trump Was Crazy by Peggy Noonan
The mad scatterbrained-ness of it was captured in a Washington Post interview with Philip Rucker in which five times by my count—again, the compulsion—Mr. Trump departed the meat of the interview to turn his head and stare at the television. On seeing himself on the screen: “Lot of energy. We got a lot of energy.” Minutes later: “Look at this. It’s all Trump all day long. That’s why their ratings are through the roof.” He’s all about screens, like a toddler hooked on iPad.
This is what became obvious, probably fatally so: Mr. Trump is not going to get serious about running for president. He does not have a second act, there are no hidden depths, there will be no “pivot.” It is not that he is willful or stubborn, though he may be, it’s that he doesn’t have the skill set needed now—discretion, carefulness, generosity, judgment. There’s a clueless quality about him. It’s not that he doesn’t get advice; it’s that he can’t hear advice, can’t process it or turn it into action.
Strange days indeed.

Makes one wonder if the GOP regrets the fail-safe of lots of super delegates.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these. Republicans beating up their own candidate and rightfully so. It is commendable to see them put country before party.
The hell they are. They are trying to combat a slaughterhouse November General Election. They don't want Trump taking them all down with him.

The stink of failure is on Trump and the panic is on. It makes me smirk and laugh. After the fiasco is over, it's going to be very entertaining to watch what happens next. Ted Cruz has already hinted he will run in 2020. What will the "establishment" Republicans do?

So far the mostly liberal media I follow has portrayed no other motives among republicans distancing themselves from Trump other than his temperament. As Trump's ridiculous comments come out, more conservatives are coming out against him about his inability to hold the office. I'll take them at their word. Were the shoe on the liberal foot, I'd expect the same.

So far the mostly liberal media I follow has portrayed no other motives among republicans distancing themselves from Trump other than his temperament. As Trump's ridiculous comments come out, more conservatives are coming out against him about his inability to hold the office. I'll take them at their word. Were the shoe on the liberal foot, I'd expect the same.

Trump's temperament and ridiculous comments haven't changed. It's only after he's started losing that more and more Republucans are distancing themselves from him.

The ones who backed away from him a month ago, you can have respect for. The ones who've started backing away from him recently and who will do so in the upcoming months, you cannot.

Back
Top Bottom