• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Right Wingers Trying to Cancel Critical Space Theory

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
WASHINGTON DC June 23, 2021

"Nobody believes it anyhow" was the rationale offered by Bubba Jenkins, a mechanic at a transmission shop on the outskirts of the Capitol.
"We don't need these politicians and their public schools filling up our kids' heads with this nonsense about moon landings and stuff. It's just a theory. Ain't no use for that kinda thing nohow."

This was his reaction when his niece/daughter came home talking in an excited voice about a class wherein she learned that many Americans believe that people actually flew to the moon and walked on its surface back before she was born, supposedly in 1969. Mr. Jenkins' feelings are echoed by the Republican Congressional Caucus, which has adopted a zero-tolerance stance toward studies of the truth, whether it's what happened prior to the War of Northern Aggression, or what happened on January 6th of the current year.

Is there no end to this?

Trausti

Contributor
Warning Level 1
Basic Beliefs
Atheist Norse
Does the moon landing hoax crowd skew left or right? Never thought of it as a partisan.

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist
I would assume the Onion or the like but I can't find it.

Maybe an Elixir original? It's pretty good. If it is an original, maybe he should start writing for The Onion. Then, gosh, The Onion was damn near prophetic, and reality jumped it's shark.

Patooka

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
aaa
Does the moon landing hoax crowd skew left or right? Never thought of it as a partisan.

Never thought wearing face masks during a fucking pandemic was political either so I'm guessing the bar is pretty fucking low.

Also, the way the world is right now; the difference between satire and rightwing dumbcunt stupidity is around 14 days.

EDIT: Those are business days. Honest workers know there is a difference. Trust fund right wing fuckheads might be confused.

Top Bottom