• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Robert Ailes Drama

Just so we're clear:
The only thing that you are making clear is how much you suck at reading comprehension.

Derec says all accusations of rape/sexual harassment are false.
I never said that. But you seem to think they are all true, or should at least be presumed to be true, without any evidence.

He says that women who make such claims must be dismissed, because women in general are liars.
Ford says that women who make such claims must be believed, because men in general are liars.

The only thing that you are making clear is how much you suck at reading comprehension.

So-called "sexual harassment" is the most destructive, ridiculous and subjective thing ever concocted by radical feminists. Even a woman overhearing two men sharing a rather mild joke is enough to get a man fired these days (see Donglegate)

It's just a way to destroy male careers and give women multi-million dollar payouts.

These are your words, Derec.

You're not fooling anyone.

These are your words, Derec.
Yes, the words about the fact that "sexual harassment" has been broadened to such an extent that the very term is meaningless. Again, it includes women looking for things to be offended about predictably getting offended and then getting men fired.

You're not fooling anyone.
You are doing a good job fooling yourself.

Anybody else paying attention to the Roger Ailes - Gretchen Carson scandal? It's rather amusing in a grim way. Like the Cosby scandal, now many women are stepping forward to tell their seamy little tales of Roger Ailes' ugly sexual advances. I suspect Ailes will soon be history at Faux. But one wonders, what happens next? I don't see Faux getting better even without the Big Pig running things. But it gives me great schadenfreude to see these chickens coming home to roost. It all makes for a great break from the daily flood of disasters in the news.

I don't know if he'll soon be history. It took so long for Cosby's crimes to finally get to a court. Of course, many more people loved Cosby's work and reputation than do Ailes'. But yes, I'm glad it getting the attention of courts.

I agree that Fox won't necessarily fix things without him.
Wonder if a Limbaugh-level alert to advertisers would help.

Can we have one thread about rape or sexually harassment that stays with the OP and doesn't drift into yet another Derec 'radical feminist' derail fuckfest?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the words about the fact that "sexual harassment" has been broadened to such an extent that the very term is meaningless. Again, it includes women looking for things to be offended about predictably getting offended and then getting men fired.
And you wonder why anyone would ever consider you might be a misogynist.

And you wonder why anyone would ever consider you might be a misogynist.
Nothing misogynist about pointing out that the concept of "sexual harassment" has been broadened beyond breaking point.
Do you really agree that men should be fired every time a woman overhears something that offends her?

- - - Updated - - -

Can we have one thread about rape or sexually harassment that stays with the OP and doesn't drift into yet another Derec 'radical feminist' derail fuckfest?!
Radical feminists are instrumental in the dysfunction of both how we handle rape cases and sexual harassment cases these days.

Nothing misogynist about pointing out that the concept of "sexual harassment" has been broadened beyond breaking point.
Do you really agree that men should be fired every time a woman overhears something that offends her?
Ms. Richards did not demand anyone be fired. To my knowledge, no one is demanding that men should be fired every time a woman overhears something that offends her. To my knowledge, no one expect men should be fired every time a woman overhears something that offends her. Your ridiculous and sexist straw man simply adds to the perception of your misogyny.

I know sexual harassment does exist but I also think we should be more skeptical of these claims. For one thing, society has a tendency to believe a woman over a man today. It seems when you're a man and a woman accuses you of a crime, you're guilty until proven innocent, and people will call for your head before all the facts are known.

Skepticism does not mean we assume all woman are liars. It just means we should wait until solid evidence is produced.

IMHO: I think Ailes is a pig. All you have to do is look at the anchor line-up. For fuck sake, it's not like Carlson, Kelly, Tantaros, and Guilfoyle are good at television; they are actually pretty dreadful when you listen to them. It's obvious Ailes hired them to sell conservatism by selling sex with it.

Carlson was a conservative bigot anyways. So fuck her if she loses.

they were red like raw hamburger

Simple.

All he has to do is prove his genitals don't look like raw hamburger.

I have a feeling that will be a problem for him though.

I find it a bit coincidental that a political whore would complain about harassment.

Unfortunately, no.
because you people keep engaging him and have been doing so for years.

you know that you're not physically forced to respond to his idiocy, right? that it's totally your choice to keep replying to the shit he posts?

This case reminds me of a number of cases brought by attorney Gloria Allred. That attorney brought case after case against rich and powerful institutions and persons on behalf of rich and powerful women. Ailes made a logical assumption on this woman...she must be willing to prostitute herself...hell! she was working for HIM and his propaganda machine. The case reminds me of the rich woman that wanted admission to the exclusive (men only) California club. This woman however lost her job, but her actions in the course of her employment make it difficult for some of us to take her protestations too seriously. I still say...go get him girl!

I honestly don't care.

She was an apologist for the network for years, and passionately defended Ailes from criticism. I don't forget all of the anti-gay, racist, pro-theocracy, attacks on 'liberalism', and otherwise ignorant and/or bigoted statements.

Carlson spent years attacking the left-wing and now she wants it's help.

Murdoch's kids want Ailes out, and are likely to use this case to do it. I'll be very happy if that happens. Don't think that FOX will suddenly become an actual news organization after that, but I think it will at least stop catering to the conspiracy theorists, and other extreme conservative elements.

As for proving her case... Heck, there are probably plenty of clips of Fox and Friends that would prove what kind of environment existed there, without having to go into what was going on behind the scenes.

Because it demonstrates a decades long habit of bad behavior on Ailes' part. Why shouldn't we take her seriously? 10 women now have said Ailes sexually harassed them.

Derec doesn't take claims from any woman seriously. As he said above, he thinks sexual harassment isn't real, and is just a way for women to make money.

Derec is a frightened little boy.

Also, more are coming forward as expected. http://www.npr.org/2016/07/11/48550...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160711

It is a shame, really. What will Roger Ailes do with the rest of his life now that his career appears threatened? Of course, Fox News settled the open-shut case of harassment regarding Bill O'Reilly... and he still works there. He also hasn't managed to get Franken killed either, despite 'knowing' people.
Derec doesn't take claims from any woman seriously. As he said above, he thinks sexual harassment isn't real, and is just a way for women to make money.
Derec is a frightened little boy.

Also, more are coming forward as expected. http://www.npr.org/2016/07/11/48550...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160711
Word is, Ailes may have recently converted to Islam, which makes all of these accusations automatically true!

Back
Top Bottom