• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sam Clovis Nomination In Danger, but Not Because of Why it Should Be

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
A White House source said the nomination of Sam Clovis is in danger and could be pulled soon. A source familiar with the White House's thinking added that Clovis may have to withdraw, but it is not clear how that will happen, whether he will voluntarily pull out or be forced to do so.

The imperiled nomination is the latest sign that Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into the Trump campaign and Russian collusion is impacting the day-to-day of Trump's administration, despite top White House aides -- including Trump himself -- claiming that the indictments of former top Trump campaign advisers Paul Manafort and Rick Gates had nothing to do with the administration or the campaign.
Yes, the reason why Sam Clovis's nomination to be the Under Secretary of Agriculture for Research, Education, and Economics is in grave danger because of the Russia probe and his alleged ties to potential Russian collusion or conspiracy of collusion.

It has nothing to do with the fact that he has absolutely no experience with agriculture... or science. Which are two things that you'd think would be a prequisite for a person trying to become the Department of Agriculture's chief scientist. His schooling is almost exclusively regarding politics and he served in the military.

I'd rather he was sent packing due to his lack of qualifications, too, but this looks like the best chance to derail his nomination. I'll take it.

I'd rather he was sent packing due to his lack of qualifications, too, but this looks like the best chance to derail his nomination. I'll take it.
This isn't even the Costanza 'dessert was in the trash, but above the lid' sort of "take it" sort of deal. It is almost getting it up the butt and saying 'well, at least I'm getting sex'.

Last edited:
Ya, it would be nice If the threat to Trump's nominations was the supreme and obvious lack of qualifications of the people to do the jobs. Since that doesn't seem to be an issue in their employment, anything else which knocks them out of the running is an acceptable alternative.

It has nothing to do with the fact that he has absolutely no experience with agriculture... or science. Which are two things that you'd think would be a prequisite for a person trying to become the Department of Agriculture's chief scientist. His schooling is almost exclusively regarding politics and he served in the military.

Oh. I thought we had given up on requiring qualifications after Ben Carson got confirmed. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom