• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Send His Flatulence to jail

Article lays out the case nicely, but...

So, the next step is to wait for Jeff Session's Department of Justice to file charges against Donald Trump.

I won't hold my breath

I'm gonna guess that people would actually have to be fired as a result of Trump's words. So if Jerrah Jones shitcans say, Jason Whitten for kneeling, then Whitten would likely be able to file sit against Jones. I could look this shit up, but I'm not going to.

So, the next step is to wait for Jeff Session's Department of Justice to file charges against Donald Trump.

I won't hold my breath

Yea, the real problem today is that there is no check on balance on the president. Congress isn't going to go after Trump either. Divided government is the best, especially when we have a crazy person as President.

https://boingboing.net/2017/10/15/trump-could-be-put-in-jail-for.html

Surprise--his saying the NFL people should be fired is worth 15 years in jail.

Now, whether he could last 15 hours before his heart exploded from the outrage is another matter....

Before jail comes a trial. This is about people who are paid to play the ball using this to promote a political agenda. Any citizen or government has a right to comment and raise an issue.

I doubt if any court in the USA will interpret this according to Boing Boing

This is about people who are paid to play the ball using this to promote a political agenda.
No, this is about Trump picking feuds, and sticking his nose in everywhere. THere are places he's literally not supposed to offer his opinion, as long as he's the tippy top of the executive branch.
Whether or not the football players were wrong, this is a separate issue. Even if the players are ultimately found, in court, to be in the wrong, that doesn't make Trump's actions any less wrong with respect to this code.

Reactions: WAB
This is about people who are paid to play the ball using this to promote a political agenda.
No, this is about Trump picking feuds, and sticking his nose in everywhere. THere are places he's literally not supposed to offer his opinion, as long as he's the tippy top of the executive branch.
Whether or not the football players were wrong, this is a separate issue. Even if the players are ultimately found, in court, to be in the wrong, that doesn't make Trump's actions any less wrong with respect to this code.

However I doubt if any action in the courts could fly since this is about politics introduced into sports. Trump of course will still shoot his mouth off.

https://boingboing.net/2017/10/15/trump-could-be-put-in-jail-for.html

Surprise--his saying the NFL people should be fired is worth 15 years in jail.

Now, whether he could last 15 hours before his heart exploded from the outrage is another matter....

Before jail comes a trial. This is about people who are paid to play the ball using this to promote a political agenda. Any citizen or government has a right to comment and raise an issue.
There is an obvious difference between a comment and trying to influence a private employer in a private employment decision. Unless you are claiming the cited law in unconstitutional, your response is irrelevant.
True, but that is most likely because no one is going to charge Trump with violating that law.

However I doubt if any action in the courts could fly since this is about politics introduced into sports.

Politics are introduced into sports the instant they start playing the anthem and expect/demand that the players (and audience) behave in a certain way because of it. The real question is, why the fuck is the anthem played in the first place? What does it have to do with playing football?

I won't hold my breath

Yea, the real problem today is that there is no check on balance on the president. Congress isn't going to go after Trump either. Divided government is the best, especially when we have a crazy person as President.

Yeah. For some time now I have felt there needs to be an office of investigation. Two blocks, one with the Democrats in charge, one with the Republicans. (Or whatever the two biggest parties are if things change.) The budget is tied to a % of GDP by the Constitution so it can't be messed with and it's split up in proportion to the number of people of the other party in power. (Thus the minority party gets the bigger budget.)

It's investigative powers are extensive but limited to those who are elected or hired/appointed by those who are elected. Such people get no 5th amendment protection from it while holding their positions. (To take the 5th is to resign on the spot.)

Yeah. For some time now I have felt there needs to be an office of investigation. Two blocks, one with the Democrats in charge, one with the Republicans. (Or whatever the two biggest parties are if things change.) The budget is tied to a % of GDP by the Constitution so it can't be messed with and it's split up in proportion to the number of people of the other party in power. (Thus the minority party gets the bigger budget.)

It's investigative powers are extensive but limited to those who are elected or hired/appointed by those who are elected. Such people get no 5th amendment protection from it while holding their positions. (To take the 5th is to resign on the spot.)
:rolleyes:

And I wish that it would rain chocolate chip cookies.

There is an obvious difference between a comment and trying to influence a private employer in a private employment decision. Unless you are claiming the cited law in unconstitutional, your response is irrelevant.
True, but that is most likely because no one is going to charge Trump with violating that law.

I am relating to the intent and purpose of the law and how the courts would likely see this.

If he were charged, his defence was that he is objecting to politicizing of paid for sports and possibly claim this was partisan politics.

- - - Updated - - -

I won't hold my breath

The article does not really make a case.

I won't hold my breath

The article does not really make a case.

It actually does make an excellent case. Your lack of understanding of U.S. law and politics is what makes it difficult for you to follow.

It is the "politics" part that will make the case a non-starter, in my opinion.

However I doubt if any action in the courts could fly since this is about politics introduced into sports.

Politics are introduced into sports the instant they start playing the anthem and expect/demand that the players (and audience) behave in a certain way because of it. The real question is, why the fuck is the anthem played in the first place? What does it have to do with playing football?

The anthem was introduced into football games because, pre-global 24 hour / day coverage streamed across the internet, stadiums provided a very large, captive audience for the government to impose their propaganda. Nowhere else could they have so many people listening to their message at once... that, and the local governments have a stake in the stadium so they can apply pressure to comply with government requests.

The NFL is being sued by a player that claims they are loosing work due to this. If their suit has merit, the NFL may want to share the responsibility with the government, especially in light of their possible point of view that the illegal butting-in of the president had a material impact.

Nothing gets a law enforced quicker than a multi-billion dollar company that sees a loss from it.

Back
Top Bottom