• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Share something creative that you've done.

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
I haven't done this in a long, long time.

I stopped around the time it became obnoxiously hard to get FreeHand to run on newer versions of Windows, and I was uninterested in learning a new vector editing program. Yes, I learned FreeHand instead of Illustrator because various places I worked at used Aldus PageMaker for page layout, and sometimes you could get bundle deals from by buying other software from the same publisher, so yeah.

Anyway, I love impressionist paintings. I love how up close the paintings look fairly abstract, but if you take a few steps back and/or squint, the image resolves to a realistic depiction of something.

I break up an image into individual color channels (usually CMYK), posterize each channel, break apart each channel into separate images for each gradation, then use vector editing software to create rough approximations of the shapes in each separate sub-image, then combine all the separate channels back into a raster image editor like Photoshop.

https://talkfreethought.org/album.php?albumid=30

The butterfly is from some stock photo I got from I don't remember where. It was an earlier effort.

The other three images are from scans of Polaroid pictures I took. The guitar player and the Coke can are different crops of the same Polaroid picture. The toddler is my nephew (he's a teen now). My wacky brother and sister in law decided to put dark grey carpets and furniture in a room with light grey paint on the walls in their living room/home theater. This caused my Cheerio-munching nephew to really stand out, which is why I took the photo.

I know this thread is technically a rehash of at least one thread we've already had, but what the fuck. We have some new faces around.

I've not done anything creative for decades, but I figure that if I start the thread with my awful-looking crap, other people will feel more free to share their creative efforts, whatever they might be. Share anything creative at all. Art, poems, music, short films, whatever it is that you do.

A pictorial representation of all the Ordnance survey maps I have

View attachment 16343

Isn't Ordinance weaponry? Sooo where do the weapons go?

And do the colors signify anything?

What goes in the tiny boxes near the middle?

This reminds me of my mechanical design class in Shop in high school.

I am now curious. :)

A pictorial representation of all the Ordnance survey maps I have

View attachment 16343

Isn't Ordinance weaponry? Sooo where do the weapons go?

And do the colors signify anything?

What goes in the tiny boxes near the middle?

This reminds me of my mechanical design class in Shop in high school.

I am now curious. :)

As regards first question

The agency's name indicates its original military purpose (see ordnance and surveying), which was to map Scotland in the wake of the Jacobite rising of 1745. There was also a more general and nationwide need in light of the potential threat of invasion during the Napoleonic Wars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_Survey

Regarding colours they're different scales

Black 1:10 000

Green & other colours 1:25 000

Red 1:50 000

Basically I live at the top of the middle line between the two tiny boxes

I weld for a hobby but will make it my part-time retirement job in 2-3 years. I took night classes twice a week for over a year. Usually I make utility and/or kayak trailers out of boat trailers, but I've also done art. This is an armadillo out of horse shoes:

9px2rl.jpg

Attachments

• 5Le5Ie5V03E33K53L1c56ea63962cb4d619f2.jpg
    5Le5Ie5V03E33K53L1c56ea63962cb4d619f2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1
I was hoping to decorate some eggs this holiday...

But while the eggs and the little stands have arrived, and I found ribbon and superglue, the medals have not shown up, yet.

But while the eggs and the little stands have arrived, and I found ribbon and superglue, the medals have not shown up, yet.

Somewhere in there, you missed an opportunity for a fruit salad pun, but at the moment, I can't think of it.

Somewhere in there, you missed an opportunity for a fruit salad pun, but at the moment, I can't think of it.
too much to explain, making sure they know tgat eggs are hen-fruit, that medals are decorating, that a plethora of medals on the uniform are fruit salad, so showing a pic of a ribbon bar on the egg, calling it egg salad us funny, but obscure....

too much to explain, making sure they know tgat eggs are hen-fruit, that medals are decorating, that a plethora of medals on the uniform are fruit salad, so showing a pic of a ribbon bar on the egg, calling it egg salad us funny, but obscure....

Spoilsport!

So, finally got around to the deggorating ceremony.

Deggorating.jpg

My sons were a little critical. I assured them that it's okay. I'm a decorated veteran. And these are costume medals.

They don't really care about 'stolen valor,' though. And they're not super upset about having to stand at attention, but apparently a Kazoo is no stand-in for a bosun's whistle.

To all who shell hear these presents, greeting: Let it be known that we find this individual to be beyond repoach. They have met our eggsacting demands in all respects, and even when in the wrong has always shown a sunny side up to their superiors. They have not cracked under pressure, nor had to scramble due to unpreparedness.

It is whisk great pride we do grant this award, reflecting our satisfaction in associating with such a good egg. I hope yolk kindly join me in acknowledging their potential, and help egg them on to even greater successes in the future.

In toastimony, I have caused these LetterS to be made patent and official.

By my hand, on this 14th of July, 2018

Back
Top Bottom