• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

SNL 1, Trump 0

Malintent

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Saturday Night Live, winning the hearts and minds of people around the world for generations through satire has scored big time.
On February 10th, just 3 days after I departed the Dominican Republic (damn it!), the following newspaper article was published in DR. the content of the article is unimportant (well, I am sure it is important, but it is not the point of this posting)

Alec Baldwin wins one for SNL. The world can't even tell them apart.

trump-baldwin.png

I don't think it was a mistake.

I think the picture of Alec Baldwin fit the mood of the piece better than the real thing.

Congratulations to Alec Baldwin... But how the heck did they get John Belushi from 1981 to play Netanyahu?!

I think the picture of Alec Baldwin fit the mood of the piece better than the real thing.

The publishers of the paper apologized for the error... no mistake.

Prediction: SNL will latch on to the fact that the Trump cabinet's biggest problem with SNL's Spicer portrayal was that he was portrayed by a female. I predict that this Saturday will feature an ALL FEMALE cast for all of the cabinet members. Rumors are circulating that Rosie O'Donnell might be asked to play Steve Bannon. CNN agrees, it seems

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertain...n/video/playlists/wacky-world-of-jeanne-moos/

The publishers of the paper apologized for the error... no mistake.

Prediction: SNL will latch on to the fact that the Trump cabinet's biggest problem with SNL's Spicer portrayal was that he was portrayed by a female. I predict that this Saturday will feature an ALL FEMALE cast for all of the cabinet members. Rumors are circulating that Rosie O'Donnell might be asked to play Steve Bannon. CNN agrees, it seems

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertain...n/video/playlists/wacky-world-of-jeanne-moos/

They have already been going down that road, last week they had Kate McKinnon playing Jeff Sessions.

What if they have a man play Ivanka? Will Trump read that as their saying that he's gay?

.. and in all fairness, they frequently have females playing male roles... Justin Beber is a good example.

Historically, acting was all men. There never was a woman playing any part in any play. Every Shakespearian play (at the time) had an all male cast. I couldn't say when this changed, but Juliette was played by a man when Romeo and Juliette was first performed, for example.

But notice, not too long ago, characters were crossdressing because that was the joke.

Carol Burnett in a suit was funny because she lampooned suit wearing men.
The Pythons in drag were funny because they were men in dresses.

We're used to men as women, women as men, at least in skit comedy. It's no longer useful as the whole of the joke.

They don't seem to be putting Melissa McCarthy in a suit to mock Spicer by portraying him as effeminate. She's just the best choice to take the role. It's actually an odd, anachronistic note that someone's objection to the skit is focused on the gender of the actor, not the way Spicer is portrayed or the lines being delivered.

Actually, I wonder if that could be a skit? Trump at the WH, watching TV and bitching about how SNL portrayed his cabinet with women in suits.

Then, in the WH, all the characters in his cabinet are portrayed by gender-bending actors and actresses. Slowly he begins to notice that the men are women and the women are men. Make each successive reveal a little more exaggerated... And he reacts accordingly. Groping bannon, listening to Kellyanne, etc.

Then Melania walks in, played by, I dunno, some football player?
He screams, waking up to find it was all a dream... Beside him, Putin (in a wig and negligee) sits up to console him...

I don't get it. What would Melania be doing coming to the White House?

Actually, I wonder if that could be a skit? Trump at the WH, watching TV and bitching about how SNL portrayed his cabinet with women in suits.

Then, in the WH, all the characters in his cabinet are portrayed by gender-bending actors and actresses. Slowly he begins to notice that the men are women and the women are men. Make each successive reveal a little more exaggerated... And he reacts accordingly. Groping bannon, listening to Kellyanne, etc.

He screams, waking up to find it was all a dream... Beside him, Putin (in a wig and negligee) sits up to console him...
:hysterical: Maybe you could apply to SNL as a screen writer...definitely would be a sweet skit.

That is hilarious.

Or Julie Sweeney's character Pat.

They don't seem to be putting Melissa McCarthy in a suit to mock Spicer by portraying him as effeminate. She's just the best choice to take the role. It's actually an odd, anachronistic note that someone's objection to the skit is focused on the gender of the actor, not the way Spicer is portrayed or the lines being delivered.
Boy she was great, and whoever wrote it was great too. I have watched it couple of times trying to find a time where she is not in character and trying not to smile herself and could not. I don't know how they do it without laughing themselves.

Back
Top Bottom