• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

SNL nails it

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...chool-shooter-unarmed/?utm_term=.31104a3b5a8c

SNL cold open from last night...

I recommend watching the video at link rather than reading the lengthy article. Article does not do it justice.

They hit a lot of the major news points, even the shooting. They went there. Alec Baldwin continues to have Trump's narcissism disorder down so well. It's ironic that we can laugh at our country falling apart because the would-be dictator has no clothes.

Lindsay Ellis did an excellent segment about the controversy around Mel Brooks' portrayal of Nazis in his movies.

Brooks took flak from other Jews for making light of Nazis so soon after the Holocaust was in bad taste, while Brooks argued that mocking them and making them objects of laughing contempt robbed them of the thing Nazis crave the most.

All in all, I have to agree with Brooks, even if I can understand why what he did upset some people.

Anyway, I don't know if most people understand how much America is flirting with a long plunge into fascism right now, and I wonder if the mockery of SNL isn't the most powerful weapon against protofascists and cryptofascists right now.

Back
Top Bottom