• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

State of the Union 2022

Near universal applause for the Ukrainian ambassador.

(Biden should start wearing glasses. He appears to squint when he is reading.)

First 20 minutes on Ukraine.
(with a slip saying “Iranian” at one point.)
Then he talk about the Maerican rescue plan and contrasts it against Trump’s tax cut. Republicans Made the “whoah whoa” almost-a-boo sound.

A lot of details about infrastructure and jobs. Now into healthcare. I think these are what Americans are telling pollsters they want to hear about.

The ASL translator is kicking ass. Her face is saying "are you seeing this shit? About goddamned time!"

A little white collar Law and Order.

He got Ted Cruz to stand up!
Talking about border control.

The “god given potential” of trans youth.
Packs a lot into that.

Did someone jus mock beau biden’s death?

It was Marjorie - pathetic timing in her attempted interruption.

Was that Boebert or MTG?

Did y'all see Kamala Harris' face. I felt like she could see me, like she was watching me make a grilled cheese sandwich with my clothes iron and then watched me eat it and was judging me HARD.

Good SoTU overall, the great parts outweighing the not so great. There was a point where he seemed to try to cram a lot of stuff in rather than focus on fewer points and hammer them each more forcefully like in the first half.

Could hardly watch. Nancy looks like an animated corpse from an episode of Tales from the Crypt - creepy! And Joe's voice sounds to me like an old 14,400 baud modem looking for a phone connection.

There was a point where he seemed to try to cram a lot of stuff in rather than focus on fewer points and hammer them each more forcefully like in the first half.

He always sounds to me like he's trying to spit out the max possible number of words per second, as if that was the extent of his training to overcome stuttering. Someone coached him to vary his amplitude but never his pitch. Worst orator EVER.

Talking heads were impressed when the whole house came to its feet to cheer for Ukraine. CNN hailed the genius with which The President ushered in a new era (30 seconds) of American Unity.

Did y'all see Kamala Harris' face.

Yup. She looked to me like she felt like I did, i.e. not one bit pleased with the whole state of affairs.

I think we're screwed.

Could hardly watch. Nancy looks like an animated corpse from an episode of Tales from the Crypt - creepy! And Joe's voice sounds to me like an old 14,400 baud modem looking for a phone connection.

There was a point where he seemed to try to cram a lot of stuff in rather than focus on fewer points and hammer them each more forcefully like in the first half.

He always sounds to me like he's trying to spit out the max possible number of words per second, as if that was the extent of his training to overcome stuttering. Someone coached him to vary his amplitude but never his pitch. Worst orator EVER.

Talking heads were impressed when the whole house came to its feet to cheer for Ukraine. CNN hailed the genius with which The President ushered in a new era (30 seconds) of American Unity.

Did y'all see Kamala Harris' face.

Yup. She looked to me like she felt like I did, i.e. not one bit pleased with the whole state of affairs.

I think we're screwed.
Give the American people credit to see past these flaws. It is the content of his speech we should care about and not the delivery.

You are absolutely correct that Pelosi looks like the grave and Biden can not speak. But most people are going to look past these flaws I believe.

The most important thing about Biden was his sense of his truthfullness especially with regards to our economy and competitiveness with China. That alone is very unual and something very important for the country to hear IMO. Simply because you can not even begin fix something until you admit your problems. America does not want to hear a bunch of political BS, they want to hear the truth. I felt there was a lot more honesty in his speech than most others I have ever heard..

As POTUS so far, I have to admit Biden is much more than I expected. He is continuing some of the best parts that Trump started and trying to get rid of some of the worst parts of what the Democrats have tried to start; example defund the police.

Dang, you hate his speaking worse than I do. I don't have a problem with his speed, I just don't like when he garbles the occasional word. He didn't used to talk like that. Watching last night, it did seem though that as the speech went on he got better.

I thought the content was good, but didn't really care for the almost "mission accomplished" kind of victory lap on response to Ukraine war. I think his response has been great, but darker days are ahead over there.

Just a reminder that women's looks are not "flaws" or whatever other gratuitous cruelty you all so casually toss about.

Just a reminder that women's looks are not "flaws" or whatever other gratuitous cruelty you all so casually toss about.
It’s not her looks, it’s the acting.
She’s a good looking woman, esp for her age. But those contorted facial expressions and gestures distracted from the speech - and Joe doesn’t need additional distractions to keep people from paying attention. I’m sure she thought she was helping. :rolleyes:

Like blastula I thought the content was good - even excellent. Too bad about the delivery.

Back
Top Bottom