• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

stranger things 2 bad

jab

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
non-militant atheist
Are my husband and I the only ones think the second season of Stranger Things is too bad to watch? He in particular loved Season 1, and I found it good enough to watch to the end. But he got through the 3rd episode of Season 2 and gave up, and I have tried twice to finish episode 2, but just haven't the stomach for it. Season so seems like a glum sludgy rehashing of the mystery place and threats of Season 1 with acting that, for the most part, seems to have dropped into mediocrity or worse.

Last edited:
I am committed to completing the second season... but your observations are correct... it does suck for those reasons. I'm about halfway though season 2 and I can say it does not get better than your initial observations. It is predictable, and not very interesting at all. It really hasn't gone anywhere yet... it is actually repeating things. I found myself saying to my wife, "didn't that happen already"? to which she said, "yeah.. .they're doing it again, it seems".
One step backwards, actually... one of the kids does something that just ruins the character and makes no sense. They needed a plot mechanic, so they broke a character to force it... Badly written. Should have just been one season... which I also enjoyed.

ya, that's about as far as I am now... "teen girl"... that "Elle" is appropriately referred to as the "teen girl" is one of the reasons season 2 is so bad, lol.

That entire Chicago episode was when it sharply declined for me. Just pointless schlock. My interest was kinda there for the stuff with the kids and Max, mainly because I like those characters, but at some point I thought hmmm...

mysterious force threatening the town...
Will Byers is out of commission for mysterious reasons...
Eleven is trying to find out about her past...
the school bad boy is causing trouble...
the new female member of the 'party' isn't immediately accepted by everyone...
dudes in lab coats are hiding something...
Wynona Ryder redecorates her house to help Will communicate...
Nancy is wishy-washy between Jonathan and Steve...

...haven't we seen all this before?

Back
Top Bottom