• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Subservience to dictatorial power is the main message of Christianity

untermensche

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
magic mood ring
How does the Christian get right with their god?

The answer is through subservience. To reduce oneself to an instrument of another. In the case of Christianity it is subservience to dictatorial arbitrary power.

This is why human dictators have found Christianity so useful. The believers are already primed for subservience.

How does the Christian get right with their god?
Happy 666th post!

The answer is through subservience. To reduce oneself to an instrument of another. In the case of Christianity it is subservience to dictatorial arbitrary power.

This is why human dictators have found Christianity so useful. The believers are already primed for subservience.

Happy 666th post!!! :D

Yup.

Another awful trait is that it equates the subservience to God to love. So if you are not obedient to God and treat God as your complete authority on everything you do, think, and feel, then that means you do not love God.

In the rest of our lives, the vast majority of us would pretty normally reject that concept and recognize it as bullshit. We love all sorts of others (humans and animals both) while simultaneously not thinking ourselves as obedient to them. When religions (especially Christianity here) mix it all together though, then it gets treated as sacred and nobody should question it. Children even get indoctrinated into it at a very young age, so they do not learn another way to view the world and live their 1 life.

Brian

I thought the main message of Christianity was avoidance of personal responsibility. Blame Satan for the bad things you do, and get Jesus to pay for them.

I thought the main message of Christianity was avoidance of personal responsibility. Blame Satan for the bad things you do, and get Jesus to pay for them.

It's a nice little bundle of "main messages": Not questioning, absolutism, authoritarianism, blame Satan for evil (even your own), credit to magical spook for anything you deem good, us. vs. them, punishment, judgment...

Interesting. I hadn't seen this before. Thanks.

The average mind is easily content with inherited and acquired things, or with the dicta of parents and teachers, because it is much easier to imitate than to create.
She understood in 1913 what neuroscience and behavioral studies now tell us. The brain doesn't want to spend glucose questioning things that are already accepted in the group.

That said, the tendency to imitate runs deep in us and has served us well in terms of survival via social cohesion. It's just that our animal brains can't differentiate between useful behaviors and ideological disease. Thus the need for the newer brain to get better at questioning fast.

The pattern seems to me that god does not want robots out of the box. He wants people with free will to decide for themselves that it is best for them to obey robotically and absolutely. In this way, he can acquire the praise singers that he wants that will sing his praises for eternity, reliably and with gusto.

The Lamb said "maybe I shouldn't treat my friends that way" inre the treatment of Satan. Beings grow up.

Part of what I was trying to say was the reason I believe Christianity has lasted.

It turns people into sheep that can be easily led.

Whether they are being led by Roman emperors or English kings, Christianity makes the leading easier.

So to the people that want to exploit others the main message of Christianity is that the minds of Christians are already devoted to the idea of total subservience to arbitrary power.

Back
Top Bottom