• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Supermoon Eclipse

skepticalbip

Contributor
Searching for reality along the long and winding r
Basic Beliefs
Everything we know is wrong (to some degree)
For anyone interested in such things, tonight, Sept. 27th, should be a good show. There is a lunar eclipse and the Moon is at perigee so appears larger than any other time. Unfortunately, it looks like my area of the country will be under a cloud cover.

No problem. It was going to be a very unsatisfying daytime event for you anyway.

Another providing manna to the hopeless post.

Nope. I am on the East coast of the US which would make for great viewing (if it was clear) without having to stay up until some ungodly hour. Sunset here is at 7:14 and the Moon enters the Penumbra beginning at 8:11 and begins entering the umbra at 10:11.
Sunday’s supermoon eclipse will last 1 hour and 11 minutes, and will be visible to North and South America, Europe, Africa, and parts of West Asia and the eastern Pacific. Weather permitting, you can see the supermoon after nightfall, and the eclipse will cast it into shadow beginning at 8:11 p.m. EDT. The total eclipse starts at 10:11 p.m. EDT, peaking at 10:47 p.m. EDT.

But it may as well be during daylight time here since we have a heavy overcast.

Last edited:
Should be clear skies here; unfortunately the eclipse is at 1pm local time, and the forecast is for a few million billion billion kilograms of rock to obscure the view.

Get your damned planet out of the way, it's blocking the view. :angry:

I got so excited about the good old days when I say your number of posts until I realized it wasn't 1553. Yeah, its about as relevant as responding to a post following one from a guy in Alaska.

It will be in 19 posts. Which is that magic number in the Quran that I was talking about in that other, completely unrelated thread that you probably didn't even notice....

Back
Top Bottom