• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Taliban Scratching Head - Suicide Attacks at Kabul Hospital

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Ah... the good ole world of 'careful what you wish for'. It appears a pair of suicide bombers attacked Kabul, at a military hospital.

The Taliban was long the aggressor in Afghanistan, and now the nation is under their control, it doesn't appear to be at peace. Which umm.... well, they say you can never go back home. There was conflict in Afghanistan prior to 9/11, but this feels a bit different, mainly because I'm not familiar with Afghanistan pre-9/11. But suicide bombing attacks in the capital city seems brazen, and uncoordinated.

This isn't a front battle, this is an insurgency... which the Taliban will be quite familiar with. And I can only wonder what the Taliban is thinking... and the people too. After all, the people were abandoned by the US and the Taliban took over... well at least the bombings will stop. But they haven't. The people of Afghanistan don't have alternatives, and the Taliban, ain't too galvanized nor capable of dealing with anti-insurgencies.

Poor ole Taliban, they thought they won Capture the Flag. But the game didn't end, the opponents just changed.

Ah... the good ole world of 'careful what you wish for'. It appears a pair of suicide bombers attacked Kabul, at a military hospital.

The Taliban was long the aggressor in Afghanistan, and now the nation is under their control, it doesn't appear to be at peace. Which umm.... well, they say you can never go back home. There was conflict in Afghanistan prior to 9/11, but this feels a bit different, mainly because I'm not familiar with Afghanistan pre-9/11. But suicide bombing attacks in the capital city seems brazen, and uncoordinated.

This isn't a front battle, this is an insurgency... which the Taliban will be quite familiar with. And I can only wonder what the Taliban is thinking... and the people too. After all, the people were abandoned by the US and the Taliban took over... well at least the bombings will stop. But they haven't. The people of Afghanistan don't have alternatives, and the Taliban, ain't too galvanized nor capable of dealing with anti-insurgencies.

Poor ole Taliban, they thought they won Capture the Flag. But the game didn't end, the opponents just changed.
I blame Biden. He pulled out of Afghanistan too fast. I'm sure another 20 years of occupation would have brought peace.

I blame Biden. He pulled out of Afghanistan too fast. I'm sure another 20 years of occupation would have brought peace.
Harry Bosch Supplying, once again, well-known republican response.

Harry Bosch Supplying, once again, well know republican response.
I think he was being sarcastic, dude.

Dude I'm sensitive to any snide remark now that not teaching CRT is being used against liberals. Skin getting very thin.
Consider it my Meta mode reply.

Well the whole point of sarcasm is to pretend someone, somewhere, takes this seriously. Usually it's a hypothetical audience, so comedian and audience are 'in' on the inside joke, while invisible people are imagined to be outside,

....but sometimes they're right there in the room with you.

Western mindsets are often baffled by suicide bombings, especially those which seem to have no strategic or tactical target. The target in this incident is public confidence in the Taliban government. One of the inevitable elements of extremist movements is splintering of the movement because one faction is ready to compromise in order to gain power. To do this, the more extreme elements must be marginalized and in a place like Afghanistan, this is the result.

ISIS was at war with the Taliban long before the US pull out. (ISIS even battled Al-Qaeda in Syria.) The Taliban are moderate by comparison. With no major military power left in Afghanistan, ISIS may see it as potential Caliphate 2.0.

Western mindsets are often baffled by suicide bombings, especially those which seem to have no strategic or tactical target. The target in this incident is public confidence in the Taliban government. One of the inevitable elements of extremist movements is splintering of the movement because one faction is ready to compromise in order to gain power. To do this, the more extreme elements must be marginalized and in a place like Afghanistan, this is the result.
Don't Westerners worship a guy who comitted suicide-by-police, and indeed ritually consume his blood in a grotesque ceremony on Sundays? Shouldn't be too hard to grasp.

Don't Westerners worship a guy who comitted suicide-by-police, and indeed ritually consume his blood in a grotesque ceremony on Sundays? Shouldn't be too hard to grasp.
Not really a reasonable summary of the story, and in any case Jesus did not strap explosives to disciples and send them to blow themselves up, murdering Roman civilians or fellow Jews belonging to rival factions. So I do not follow how this is in any way analogous to Islamist suicide bombers in Afghanistan.

[...]
Muslims are known to violently clash with kafirs wherever there are significant numbers of Muslims - from Europe to East Asia. When there are no legit kafirs around, they simply declare fellow Muslims kafirs and slaughter them. The Taliban think Shiite Hazaras are not true Mulims. ISIS think nobody but them are true Muslims, etc.

[...]
Muslims are known to violently clash with kafirs wherever there are significant numbers of Muslims - from Europe to East Asia. When there are no legit kafirs around, they simply declare fellow Muslims kafirs and slaughter them. The Taliban think Shiite Hazaras are not true Mulims. ISIS think nobody but them are true Muslims, etc.
Muslims aren't unique in this.

Take a look at the History of Christendom and Christian culture. The huge violence is well established. Not just violence against non-Christians centuries ago. Or different Christians in the modern world. Violence. Christians are very prone to violence. Christians aren't much different from anybody else. Possibly more violent and entitled because they've dominated the globe for centuries.
Tom

[...]

Take a look at the History of Christendom and Christian culture. The huge violence is well established. Not just violence against non-Christians centuries ago. Or different Christians in the modern world. Violence. Christians are very prone to violence. Christians aren't much different from anybody else. Possibly more violent and entitled because they've dominated the globe for centuries.
Tom
But a key difference is that (some) Muslims are still killing for doctrinal differences. There is no equivalent Christian violence today.

[...]

Tom
But a key difference is that (some) Muslims are still killing for doctrinal differences. There is no equivalent Christian violence today.
Christians, as a group, remain the most violent religious group.

Christian society has outsourced it's violence. It's called the U.S. military. Mercenaries, paid to invade places like Iraq and Afghanistan. But there is no Muslim equivalent of America, because there is no Muslim superpower with nuclear weapons.
Tom

[...]

Tom

Christian society has outsourced it's violence. It's called the U.S. military. Mercenaries, paid to invade places like Iraq and Afghanistan. But there is no Muslim equivalent of America, because there is no Muslim superpower with nuclear weapons.
Tom

There is no religious persecution by Christians today. Not true in the Muslim world. When the US engages in military conflict, it is not doing so to spread religion or punish heretics.

[...]

Tom

Tom

There is no religious persecution by Christians today. Not true in the Muslim world. When the US engages in military conflict, it is not doing so to spread religion or punish heretics.
You're kidding yourself.
Christians persecute people all the time for a bunch of reasons.

Mostly, because they can.

Frankly, as a gay man, you're assertion "There is no religious persecution by Christians today" is beyond ludicrous. Mike Pence used to be the governor of my home state. While persecuting gay people he had no problem explaining that he was "Christian, conservative, and Republican. In that order."

Christians persecute a lot. They're so used to doing so, with impunity, that interfering with their persecuting of people makes them feel like victims!

Tom

Tom

:hysterical:

[...]

Tom

Tom

You're kidding yourself.
Christians persecute people all the time for a bunch of reasons.

Mostly, because they can.

Frankly, as a gay man, you're assertion "There is no religious persecution by Christians today" is beyond ludicrous. Mike Pence used to be the governor of my home state. While persecuting gay people he had no problem explaining that he was "Christian, conservative, and Republican. In that order."

Christians persecute a lot. They're so used to doing so, with impunity, that interfering with their persecuting of people makes them feel like victims!

Tom

So Pence tried to kill you?

Tom

:hysterical:

Who can forget when the US took Kabul and had all the mosques razed.

Back
Top Bottom