• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tara Reade is a person who exists

You knew who I was talking about regardless though. Right?

Mods, please correct my typo in the thread title

Here we go:

Joe Biden accused of sexual assault by former staff assistant

Reade said that she was sent to rush a gym bag to Biden, who was a U.S. senator at the time, when he accosted her in a side area and allegedly sexually assaulted her.

"We were alone, and it was the strangest thing. There was no, like, exchange really, he just had me up against the wall," Reade said.

"His hands were on me and underneath my clothes," she went on, explaining with graphic detail what he went on to do to her.

She claimed that he was kissing her during the assault and asked her if she wanted to go "somewhere else."

After the assault, she says he said to her, "C'mon man, I heard you liked me."

If you're wondering why this wasn't part of the #MeToo movement, see this Intercept article:

TIME’S UP SAID IT COULD NOT FUND A #METOO ALLEGATION AGAINST JOE BIDEN, CITING ITS NONPROFIT STATUS AND HIS PRESIDENTIAL RUN

When reached for comment by The Intercept, the program director Reade had spoken to referred questions to a NWLC spokesperson, Maria Patrick, who said that the organization has legal constraints. “As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, the National Women’s Law Center is restricted in how it can spend its funds, including restrictions that pertain to candidates running for election,” Patrick responded, when asked why the organizing declined to provide funds to Reade. “Our decision on whether or not to provide certain types of support to an individual should not be interpreted as our validation or doubt of the truthfulness of the person’s statements. Regardless, our support of workers who come forward regarding workplace sexual harassment remains unwavering.”

The public relations firm that works on behalf of the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund is SKDKnickerbocker, whose managing director, Anita Dunn, is the top adviser to Biden’s presidential campaign. A spokesperson for Biden declined to comment. The SKDK spokesperson assigned to Time’s Up referred questions back to the NWLC.

Hey remember when Liz Warren said Bernie told her women shouldn't run for pres, and mainstream news outlets covered it from dawn to dusk for three days? Check the websites for CNN, MSNBC, and CBS right now and tell me how long it takes you to find this story, if you can find it at all.

I am very skeptical for the following reasons:
1. Her original narrative from April of 2019 not only excluded this, it also seems to contradict it. She had said she was not sexualized by him:
Reade said she didn’t consider the acts toward her sexualization. She instead compared her experience to being a lamp.
2. She doesn't seem like a trustworthy person. She writes some articles with the name "Alexandra Tara Reade J.D.," but evidence she has a J.D. seem flimsy at best. Her writing does not show technical legal knowledge. The job experiences she puts below her writings do not seem like those a J.D. would have, but instead a college intern.

I am wondering if she could be a double agent for Biden...so basically accuse him of stuff, get non-Biden campaign surrogates to latch on to her case, and then delegitimize herself, throwing them all under the bus.

Thanks! From Medium:

Is #MeToo Finally Catching up With Joe Biden?

Biden has highlighted that women are leaders on his campaign and assured voters they would remain so in his White House. He pledged days before the South Carolina primary to make a black woman his first Supreme Court nominee. After taking complete command of the nominating fight over subsequent weeks, he named Democratic operative Jen O’Malley Dillon as his campaign manager and promised to select a woman as his running mate.

Biden’s team also includes Anita Dunn, a former Obama advisor who assisted Harvey Weinstein with damage control after he was investigated for his questionable role in a 2015 AIDS charity fund-raiser. Dunn was promoted in February.

[...]

Shortly after this report was released, journalist Katie Halper posted a recent interview she had conducted with Reade. In this gut-wrenching account, Reade revealed visceral details of a specific encounter she had with Biden in 1993. According to Reade, she and Biden were alone when the former vice president beckoned her toward him. Suddenly, Reade found herself pressed against a wall as the assailant “went down [her] skirt” and “penetrated [her] with his fingers.” After pulling away and refusing his advances, Reade then recalled him saying, “You’re nothing to me.”

:sick-green:

What a shock. A pretend Bernie Bro stooping to innuendo and accusations to torpedo Democrats now that Sanders can't possibly win.

If only this exact same strategy had been tried before to get Trump in the WH :consternation1:

What a shock. A pretend Bernie Bro stooping to innuendo and accusations to torpedo Democrats now that Sanders can't possibly win.

If only this exact same strategy had been tried before to get Trump in the WH :consternation1:

Actually, this is NOT beneficial to Bernie at all; it is detrimental.

All of the other Democratic women who came out to talk about Biden putting his hands on them are completely undermined by this unreliable, exaggerated story by this particular person.

For examples:
Time.com states former Nevada State Assemblywoman Lucy Flores told her story last week. Flores said Biden approached her at a 2014 campaign rally and kissed the back of her head.

A second woman, Amy Lappos, said Biden touched her face and rubbed noses with her at a 2009 fundraiser.

Caitlyn Caruso said Biden put his hand on her thigh and hugged her at a university event.

D.J. Hill said Biden in 2012 touched her shoulder before moving his hand down her back.

Biden has made faux pas which if you profile them you can see that he goes too far and crosses some boundary. Like when he threatened the guy to go outside. This is completely different from a rape story. This false story overshadows legitimate concern about his electability.

It benefits Biden by not only silencing concerns but also making him look like a victim from the Bernie camp.

presume.JPG
j7za1cs.jpg

Was the Al Franken allegation so much worse than this that he was pressured by fellow Dems to resign, but nobody has anything to say about rape allegations against the one person in the party who everybody secretly agrees is a creep around women?

Actually, this is NOT beneficial to Bernie at all; it is detrimental. ... It benefits Biden by not only silencing concerns but also making him look like a victim from the Bernie camp.

Bernie Bros don't give a shit. It's all about tearing anyone who isn't Bernie down so that Bernie can rise up in comparison. Bernie Bots (i.e., the Russian backed efforts) likewise won't care and will only push lies that have to be defended.

It's the old, "Make the bastard deny that he's a pig fucker" strategy most often attributed to LBJ. The point isn't the truth--it never is--the point is to spread the lie.

See? Look at what Pyramidhead is doing. Sanders is done. It doesn't matter that he refuses to accept it--exactly like he refused to accept it this time in 2016--he's done. He has zero chance of winning.

So what happens? Does he accept the objective results of the actual voters? No, of course not. He--and his followers and the Russians--now double down on Biden to make him the worst possible candidate.

If you are not with him, you are against him. It's literally the Christ mythology strategy. Only Sanders is unreproachable. Only Sanders is the One True God. If you can't recognize that, then you are part of the "establishment"--the "orthodox" the San Hedrin--out to destroy him.

It's pathetic and transparent. And Pyramidhead--like all others of his ilk, whatever it may ultimately be--won't ever stop doing it even if it means four more years of Trump.

The allegation of sexual harassment/assault is a serious one and should be taken seriously.

The allegation of some sort of media conspiracy to cover this up is just another Bernie Bro sour grapes story and should not be taken seriously.

Check the websites for CNN, MSNBC, and CBS right now and tell me how long it takes you to find this story, if you can find it at all.

A google search gives a number of results but none of the MSM (CNN etc) show up as a result. Odd.

Check the websites for CNN, MSNBC, and CBS right now and tell me how long it takes you to find this story, if you can find it at all.

A google search gives a number of results but none of the MSM (CNN etc) show up as a result. Odd.
Yeah, not certain why Fox News would cover this up. Apparently there is other stuff going on at the moment.

Actually, this is NOT beneficial to Bernie at all; it is detrimental. ... It benefits Biden by not only silencing concerns but also making him look like a victim from the Bernie camp.

Bernie Bros don't give a shit. It's all about tearing anyone who isn't Bernie down so that Bernie can rise up in comparison. Bernie Bots (i.e., the Russian backed efforts) likewise won't care and will only push lies that have to be defended.

It's the old, "Make the bastard deny that he's a pig fucker" strategy most often attributed to LBJ. The point isn't the truth--it never is--the point is to spread the lie.

Bernie bros actually do give a shit. Their problem is they are too naïve and ideological. So when moderate Democrats use extreme propaganda or make extreme statements like saying Trump is Hitler or women should always be believed, they believe it. The Clintonite Democrats are just doing this for votes, thinking in the short term. In the long term, their hypocrisy is exposed and it leaves Bernie bros standing out in the cold by themselves wondering what happened. As a result, some 12% end up completely rejecting and distrusting EVERYTHING the Clintonite Democrats say and they start even believing in Trump. If moderate Democratic establishment types like Biden, Clinton, and Perez would just be honest and not engage in political hyperbole to begin with, then that would start to reshape how we do politics for the better.

In the right-here-and-now, we have to deal with this particular issue. Biden is just a little bit handsy and aggressive, not a rapist. Some prominent female Democrats have said so. There are videos of him being aggressive with males, too, like the guy he threatened. It's not as bad as Trump and no one is perfect. It's okay to actually admit that Biden is imperfect and also say he is not a rapist.

Biden bros do not have to claim that Bernie is a Russian agent on top of this. All that does is create future generations of hyper naïve extremist Democrats.

Think about the future for fuck's sake!

2. She doesn't seem like a trustworthy person. She writes some articles with the name "Alexandra Tara Reade J.D.," but evidence she has a J.D. seem flimsy at best.

Might she be a dyslexic D.J.?

Back
Top Bottom