• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tell me you are a Christian apologist without telling me you are a Christian apologist.

Brian63

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker/atheist/humanist
Recently I came across this funny thread on Twitter:

Tell me you are a Christian apologist without telling me you are a Christian apologist.

Various responses as some examples:

"I once met this rabid atheist professor on a plane, and I asked him the most pathetic, faulty apologetical gotcha I could think of. He was stumped. He had no answer. Therefore, god."

When you say the actions of the God of the Bible are "bad" what moral standard are you using to make this assessment?

But why are there still monkeys?

I am going to spend 99.9…9% of my social media energy simply passing on hateful memes about the Left, atheists, others who hate America, etc. I will not come up with any original thoughts of my own or write them in my own words, only spread memes written out by others. Then once in a while I will spread a loving message, just to get it on the record. The vast majority of my personality though is aimed at spreading hate around, all in the name of loving God.

‘Before I begin, are any of you planning to fact check what I say? No? Great. So the Case for Christ...’

Ooooh! Did you see Dr. Jonathan McLatchie's?

"I notice people in this thread have taken the very worst forms of Christian apologetics. Why not take the best forms and represent those instead?"

Good example!

I am not sure if you are aware or not, but he is serious. He is a more thoughtful and intellectual Christian and he asked that question literally.

Never mind that the other kinds of comments in the thread are indeed the usual drivel that Christians regularly spout, and God doesn't seem to care enough to correct them.

I am not sure if you are aware or not, but he is serious. He is a more thoughtful and intellectual Christian and he asked that question literally.
Oh, quite aware.
Thing is, he's not saying 'Yes, those are bad arguments, sorry, CHRISTAINS should do better,' he's saying that the CRITICS should be concentrating on the better arguments.
Like, it's MY fault that I'm pointing and laughing at drivel, when i COULD be listening to compelling arguments.

Which i pointed out, because i think is just so in-character for an apologist. Blame me for the failure of their (side's) arguments. That he seriously expects this to change people's behavior in the thread just makes it more hilarious.

"I'm an agnostic and, like, totally critical of organized religion and stuff, but atheists are [insert religiously indoctrinated demonization here]."

I believe with every fiber of my being that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant, most awe-inspiring text that has been ever written, and that God divinely inspired it and that I should adhere to its commands. Have I actually read it though? Nah, not interested.

We didn't come from no puddle of mud.

The bible says the number of stars is countless, we later determined through science that it is countless. Therefore, the bible prophecy was correct and so the rest of it must be true too.

I believe with every fiber of my being that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant, most awe-inspiring text that has been ever written, and that God divinely inspired it and that I should adhere to its commands.
That is usually stated at the end of the apologetics that have been thoroughly debunked.

If after the next couple of days of what I post you still believe evolution is even possible I will lose all respect for you.

About women voting, the bible doesn't say one way or another - but when women did not vote, was the country better or worse off than it is today? At least when women didn't vote they didn't have any crazy feminists in the courts and the government.

We cannot depend upon mythology, but we can depend upon the statements of the Bible concerning giants.

Your reference to Noah's Ark and the world wide flood that the entire event was 1 year, is false. According to Genesis the flood lasted 40 days and 40 nights.

(here I would normally include the exclamation, Dolt! But since I am new I shall withhold it for now, so consider it withheld, Dolt!)

I can tell ya a movie that causez thiz much conflict and mumblingz haz got to be right on..

He's first and foremost an atheist! YOU CAN NOT DENY THAT STATEMENT! That makes him a liar!

AS for evolution and your big bang one question where did the dirt come from? so don't tell people that its not a belief as in a religon.

In 1936,John XXIII, enunciated a serie of prophecies

That reasoning is awful. We know Abraham Lincoln signed the Declaration of Independence, but we didn't MAKE him do it. He did it of his own free will.

...the Bible has always been proven correct in the long run, while there is not a shred of evidence to support it

Do you believe in God? If you vote for ''no'' then you're a sinnet.

Back
Top Bottom