• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Texas Coast Braces for Trump's Reaction to Hurricane Harvey's Landfall

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
BROWNSVILLE, TX - People living along the Texas Coast are bracing for what could be a cataclysmic reaction from President Trump to the landfall of Hurricane Harvey. Residents are said to be quickly running out to stores to buy products to help weather the reaction of President Trump.

"I have been through Hurricanes before," noted Corpus Christi resident Olivia Randall. "But I've never been through President Trump's reaction to one. I simply don't know what to expect."

Hurricane Forecasters have indicated that the strengthening of Hurricane Harvey has been much quicker than anticipated and that the storm would likely reach Category 3 territory within 36 hours, before making landfall. They also indicated the storm would likely stall just inland, creating the potential for significant rainfall over a large portion of the coastal and near coastal areas. However, the National Weather Service released a statement indicating that they had "no possible mechanism" for predicting how President Trump would react to the hurricane and warned people within the path of the Hurricane to take "all practical precautions" to weather the President's reaction.

"I don't know whether the National Guard will come in to help us or if he'll tweet about global warming," noted Ted Albion, a Brownsville resident for over 40 years. "I'm afraid I need to prepare to live off the top of my roof for weeks, but he could fly in Trump Airlines like he said he did for the troops right after the hurricane makes landfall. There is just too much to try and prepare for."

While the hurricane is set to make landfall between Friday Night and Saturday Morning, the National Weather Service says it has "absolutely no idea" when President Trump will react to it. "It's going to be the weekend," noted NWS veteran Dan McCallum. "Who knows."

The bigger problem is all the fake news out there. I have family in Corpus and they're convinced there isn't anything out there headed inland. They're planning a pig roast at the time the fake tropical storm is to make landfall.

Harvey is gonna be a wallbanger.

Will this be Trump's "Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job" moment?

Harvey is gonna be a wallbanger.

Will this be Trump's "Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job" moment?

I doubt it. I can't see Trump giving credit to an underling when he could find a way to take the credit himself.

Fortunately for the people of Texas, Obama's appointee still heads FEMA, which means if this does turn out to be a disaster, it'll be handled professionally.

Unfortunately, Trump will take credit for it.

Or, if we're lucky, he'll start tweeting about concentration camps and black helicopters. If we can go back to the 19th century for so many things, the 1990s should be pretty damn easy.

Fortunately for the people of Texas, Obama's appointee still heads FEMA, which means if this does turn out to be a disaster, it'll be handled professionally.

Or, if we're lucky, he'll start tweeting about concentration camps and black helicopters. If we can go back to the 19th century for so many things, the 1990s should be pretty damn easy.

Actually, no. The guy running FEMA today was appointed in June of '17 and seems to be a highly competent individual.

https://www.fema.gov/leadership

Surprising choice for this presidential administration.

Actually, no. The guy running FEMA today was appointed in June of '17 and seems to be a highly competent individual.

I checked that out yesterday. He passed the Senate easily, of course, Brown did as well. But unlike Brown, this guy seems to have a good deal of emergency management experience in the Southeast.

One issue though, FEMA is under DHS. DHS has an acting Secretary because Kelly isn't there any more. The acting secretary doesn't seem bad, but this is going to be a worse (much worse?) storm than Katrina. This could be a well designed levee buster.

That's fake news! The internet has conspired against me, lied to you, and hates this nation. :/

What's with Texas anyway? This state is uber rightwing for the most part, get government off our backs and all that shit. Now they have to go outside with umbrellas and they're asking for big government money. What a bunch of hypocritical pussies.

Hurricane Harvey Puts Cruz, Cornyn in Political Bind Over Aid

Link

With Hurricane Harvey set to be the most damaging storm to hit the U.S. in a dozen years, Congress may be called upon to provide billions in extra storm relief this fall to help with the recovery.

That could put Texas Republican Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz-- and Vice President Mike Pence -- in a political bind, forcing them to choose between quick aid and their own past demands for spending cuts to offset emergency disaster funds.

I predict that the two Texas senators won't lose sleep after they fall on their knees to beg for federal aid. What do they care if people from the East Coast think they're hypocritical? Come their next election, they'll run ads showing they were "instrumental" in acquiring aid for hurting Texans, and they'll be voted back into office with Texans' extreme gratitude.

Hurricane Harvey Puts Cruz, Cornyn in Political Bind Over Aid

Link

With Hurricane Harvey set to be the most damaging storm to hit the U.S. in a dozen years, Congress may be called upon to provide billions in extra storm relief this fall to help with the recovery.

That could put Texas Republican Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz-- and Vice President Mike Pence -- in a political bind, forcing them to choose between quick aid and their own past demands for spending cuts to offset emergency disaster funds.

I predict that the two Texas senators won't lose sleep after they fall on their knees to beg for federal aid. What do they care if people from the East Coast think they're hypocritical? Come their next election, they'll run ads showing they were "instrumental" in acquiring aid for hurting Texans, and they'll be voted back into office with Texans' extreme gratitude.

I agree with your assessment. They won't care at all what anyone from any other state thinks... just like Chris Christie hypocritically pretended to be President Obama's best bud after Sandy.

I predict that the two Texas senators won't lose sleep after they fall on their knees to beg for federal aid.

And why should they? After all, Democrats are to blame for Harvey and all the damage it causes. THEY are the ones who knew about climate change and failed to do one single thing about it. Just as THEY are the ones who knew the Russians were interfering with the 2016 election and failed to do one single thing about it (per Cheato).

Back
Top Bottom