• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $923. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

The Beautiful Dogs Thread

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Can't let cats have all the fun:p
Let me start off with some wolves from Spain
Galeria_Sabor.jpg

Bolota.jpg

a41d80cdaebdd6adce3ab6f586dbcfb0.jpg

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Aw, they deserve their own beauty thread. :) Why didn't we think of this before? Oh yeah, because cats rule the Internet. Good thread!

RavenSky

The Doctor's Wife
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Timely thread. We just had a "puppy brunch" at a pop-up park:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsbQZwHC3nQ&t=17s[/YOUTUBE]

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
View attachment 9439

Stripe as a pup.

Hard to believe, but that's the same dog as in my avatar pic...

Uh...are you sure? Your avatar pic looks much more like Gizmo in the next picture.

I am sure. Tibetan Spaniels change colour a LOT when they are puppies. The white-balance in the avatar pic is also misleading - that keyboard is brilliant white, and Stripe's face is white too.

gmbteach

Mrs Frizzle
Basic Beliefs
On my journey :D
Uh...are you sure? Your avatar pic looks much more like Gizmo in the next picture.

I am sure. Tibetan Spaniels change colour a LOT when they are puppies. The white-balance in the avatar pic is also misleading - that keyboard is brilliant white, and Stripe's face is white too.

Here are Stripe and Gizmo together.

10941137_10204653622839095_241269341215209975_n.jpg

Stripe is the larger and lighter coloured dog.

thebeave

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Here are Stripe and Gizmo together.

10941137_10204653622839095_241269341215209975_n.jpg

Stripe is the larger and lighter coloured dog.

Huh...his stripe really sorta vanished as he got older.

Ford

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Godless Heathen
My old doge, who passed away peacefully in her sleep last summer. Like me, she wasn't too keen on being photographed, but this was a rare time when she sat still AND looked at the camera.

lfNdaOf.jpg

blastula

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Gnostic atheist
Here she is from another side, which I call the Overly Attached Girlfriend look / wants a treat.

oag.jpg

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
IMG_2280.JPG

Stripe and Bella this morning, sleeping cheek-to-cheek. ❤

The Tibbies always take the big dog beds; Bella doesn't look comfortable in the small one, but she has plenty of choice of bigger ones, and that's where she goes, so go figure.

bigfield

the baby-eater
Basic Beliefs
yeah nah
I'm not a fan of ear cropping.

Doberman Pinschers, for example, often have their ears cropped, but wouldn;t you prefer an adorable hound that looks like this?

800px-Dobermannhuendin.jpg

DolphinDynasty

Basic Beliefs
humanistic situational ethicist
I'm not a fan of ear cropping.

Doberman Pinschers, for example, often have their ears cropped, but wouldn;t you prefer an adorable hound that looks like this?

800px-Dobermannhuendin.jpg

I'd prefer any dog that is allowed to remain as it was born, excepting if it is a medical emergency. Ear cropping and tail cropping can be avoided by having furniture less close together, and also, less making it about "how it looks", which is a stupid argument. I think he/she above is just beautiful the way he is, and probably ha more efficient hearing plus more healthy ears cuz the flap protects him from invading insect life more so than not having it, and allows for more direct hearing in the vein of where the flap is lifted up to. But who am I to talk since I'm not "tolerant" to mutilation for no reason.

Top Bottom