• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The four beasts of Daniel

Basic Beliefs
Civilizationist
mWTXxYx.png

Daniel 7
2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it stamped with the feet of it, brake in pieces, and devoured the dung: and it was different from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

חָטָא (Chita)
to miss, to sin, miss the goal or path of right and duty, to incur guilt, incur penalty by sin, forfeit

Sounds like he was into the wacky weed or its equivalent of the day.

Maybe hed the alcohol DTs.

rjatkA6.png

Gen 2:16-17

King James Version

16 And the Lord God commanded the Adam (undomesticated), saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good pain, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

How do we turn irresponsible kids into responsible adults and how should society deal with irresponsible young adults that keep breaking the law. The politically correct thing is to be "hard on crime". But there is a better more humane and more effective way.

Irresponsible young adults lack a healthy respect for laws (both physical and social). Teaching them this respect requires subjecting them to a certain amount of pain. This is unavoidable.

But there is good pain and there is bad pain. There is pain that people hate and there is pain that people enjoy. Good pain is exhilarating. Bad pain is terrifying. (The difference is not intensity.) If one can discipline people using only good pain then why not do it that way?

(This is why the military marches troops in training for miles and miles as "punishment" for breaking the rules. But it only works for those that enjoy jogging. Not everyone does.)

Incoherent ramblings is the last resort of the .........<I dunno, I'll let anyone in particular fill in the blank>

Desparado

Incoherent ramblings is the last resort of the .........<I dunno, I'll let anyone in particular fill in the blank>

Translation: I don't know what you are saying so therefore you must be stupid

I can think of one other possibility
I don't know you well enough to suggest 'stupid'....

You haven't happened to have noticed that most of the threads you start go down this (see above posts) rabbit hole? Maybe the issue isn't 'everybody else', but a failure to communicate...

If one can discipline people using only good pain then why not do it that way?

(This is why the military marches troops in training for miles and miles as "punishment" for breaking the rules. But it only works for those that enjoy jogging. Not everyone does.)
How much time did you serve?
The miles and miles of marching, with or without full kit, is to condition them so that they can travel to the site of a battle and still be battle-ready.
The reason the military marches the entire troop for one or two people's misbehavior is to promote team-oriented behavior. Don't mess up, and don't tolerate others messing up, because it's a unit problem.

But that's Army, Marines.
Navy efforts to promote unit-oriented behavior is to move muster time forward a half-hour. We're not over-endowed on sleep time, so mustering at 0400 is going to have a strong impact.
The Air Force cancels tee times.

But i don't understand how you think the 'politically correct' standard is to be 'tough on crime.' PC is usually held to be a Leftist plot, while 'TOC' is the easy dogwhistle for conservatives. They're tough on crime to suggest that they won't be leftists and let people off with token punishment, a slap on the wrist. They use the phrase exactly to convey that they are NOT PC.

The same imagination that created The Wizard Of Oz with a talking lion and scarecrow.

Back
Top Bottom