• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Internet

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Like you, my friend, I have been lucky enough to have my career involved in electronics and then software and then the integration of the two. I was a user of ARPANET and JANET, and the early use of ISDN (remember having 2 phone lines bonded to get 64k out of two 32k lines?). I was involved in Ethernet and DSL chipset design (anyone remember Virata). After that, I was lucky enough to work for Google and build the world's first and biggest cloud. Nonetheless, the internet as currently known was articulated by Tim Berners Lee, but....like many ideas whose time had come (Evolution, TV...many more), the groundwork was in place for that big leap.

I am happy to be able to say I had a small walk-on part in the internet's existence and development....but it really was small.

Anybody remember Kermit?

I went out of my way to get new experience and things linings up for me to get varied experience. Some specialized I was a jack of all trades master of none. I was able to jump into a variety of problems which others could not. There isn't much in techology I did not touch on in some way.

The way technology is today it is hard to get that kind of broad experience.

Anybody remember Kermit?

I went out of my way to get new experience and things linings up for me to get varied experience. Some specialized I was a jack of all trades master of none. I was able to jump into a variety of problems which others could not. There isn't much in techology I did not touch on in some way.

The way technology is today it is hard to get that kind of broad experience.

Kermit was a standard toolkit item for me for years and years.

Happily, it is still alive and is an Open Source project with activity as recently as Jun 4th this year.

http://www.kermitproject.org/index.html

Back
Top Bottom