• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Leap Second from God

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
So, i have been at least aware of the Leap Second adjustment to Coordinated Universal Time since the 70's. Therewas a newspaper article, filler, mentioning tgat clocks were going to be adjusted that year, but don't worry about whethrr to set them forward or back....
In the Navy, i have been involved with implementing them since 1982. I have been teaching them for the last 30 years.
I have snazzy PowerPoint presentations, people have shown up in my cubicle asking for a quick rundown, and i am no longer allowed to sit in on another contractor's presentations because of my participation.

Two weeks ago, i had a dream that one of my wife's students picked Leap Second as his science fair project. He had a different way of displaying how the change was effected. I woke up remembering that. Updated my slides.
I think it works a lot better, it's clearer. Pretty cool.

All my coworkers, and my wife, made comments about how the idea percolated in my subconscious until the results bubbled to the top.

Someone's wife just insists that God must gave shown me this new presentation. She asked what church i attend and was scandalized. Now she KNOWS this is a recruiting tool.
I should become a believer because there's no possibility it came from anywhere else.

But, i have questions.
If this is from The Lord, if Jehovah gives a rat's furry rear bumper how i convey The Leap Second Adjustment to Missile Technicians, officers,contractors, where the fuck was he for the last 20 years?

If this is from God, why was His dream avatar a high school sophomore who wore way too much Axe body spray? Why wasn't it a dream about God? Or at least God's science fair? Or maybe God giving my presentation?

And, really, i have a few problems. Why did he choose This One to solve for me?

Mendelev's Dream is also sometimes discussed in similar terms; I always wonder why God gave him a first draft rather than the finished version.

Mendelev's Dream is also sometimes discussed in similar terms; I always wonder why God gave him a first draft rather than the finished version.
Now, if he'd been able to place elements that weren't yet in Lehrer's song, that would have been compelling.

I'm guessing more than a few drafts have been exchanged, and a finished version or two not to mention.

Maybe Mendeleev wouldn't pay for the full package.
He got a teaser, clicked on 'Yes, I'd Like To Know More' and found it was behind a paywall for God's Dream Service, bundled with the Prophecy package or something.
Had to work it out from the trailer.

So, i have been at least aware of the Leap Second adjustment to Coordinated Universal Time since the 70's. Therewas a newspaper article, filler, mentioning tgat clocks were going to be adjusted that year, but don't worry about whethrr to set them forward or back....
In the Navy, i have been involved with implementing them since 1982. I have been teaching them for the last 30 years.
I have snazzy PowerPoint presentations, people have shown up in my cubicle asking for a quick rundown, and i am no longer allowed to sit in on another contractor's presentations because of my participation.

Two weeks ago, i had a dream that one of my wife's students picked Leap Second as his science fair project. He had a different way of displaying how the change was effected. I woke up remembering that. Updated my slides.
I think it works a lot better, it's clearer. Pretty cool.

All my coworkers, and my wife, made comments about how the idea percolated in my subconscious until the results bubbled to the top.

Someone's wife just insists that God must gave shown me this new presentation. She asked what church i attend and was scandalized. Now she KNOWS this is a recruiting tool.
I should become a believer because there's no possibility it came from anywhere else.

But, i have questions.
If this is from The Lord, if Jehovah gives a rat's furry rear bumper how i convey The Leap Second Adjustment to Missile Technicians, officers,contractors, where the fuck was he for the last 20 years?

If this is from God, why was His dream avatar a high school sophomore who wore way too much Axe body spray? Why wasn't it a dream about God? Or at least God's science fair? Or maybe God giving my presentation?

And, really, i have a few problems. Why did he choose This One to solve for me?

...also, why didn't he tell you to kill any first-borns?

If there was information in your dream that you were never exposed to, then that would be interesting. Still not miraculous... but certainly interesting.

Back
Top Bottom