• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The new Google news page is slick!

braces_for_impact

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I've been using Google News for a few years now, even though I always found the format kinda ugly. Now, they've redesigned the interface and added a whole lot of really useful features. It's my new homepage.

New Features include:

[FONT=&quot]The new UI has a clean and uncluttered look, designed for comfortable reading and browsing.[/FONT]
  • We’ve adopted a card format that makes it easier to browse, scan and identify related articles about a story.
  • The new layout focuses on key elements, such as publisher names and article labels, and maintains your view and place on the page as you click in and out of stories and explore topics.
  • We dedicated the navigation column on the left to sections that you customize. You can jump quickly to news you enjoy, whether it’s standard sections like Sports or Entertainment, or those created by you and powered by your queries, such as “FIFA World Cup” or “Bollywood.”

[FONT=&quot]Story cards help you explore different perspectives to gain a well-rounded understanding of an issue. The first view offers a quick glance into a story. From there you can go deeper and read articles with different points of view which are frequently labeled with helpful tags (e.g., [/FONT]Local Source[FONT=&quot], Most Referenced, Opinion, or [/FONT]Fact Check[FONT=&quot]). People have told us these labels identify important facets of a story and provide more context. As a result, whenever possible, we now show a second labeled article in addition to the top headline for each story. This way you can see additional context on stories immediately even as you are scanning.[/FONT]

And think this is my new favorite feature:

The Fact Check Block

[FONT=&quot]Facts are at the heart of a story’s credibility. [/FONT]Last year[FONT=&quot] we introduced the Fact Check label so you can get easy access to fact checking articles that investigate claims made in the story. Now we’re adding a Fact Check block on the right column of “Headlines” that shows the top fact checked articles recently published (this feature is currently available in the U.S. only).[/FONT]

Well, that's a lot of writing for a new web page. If you're kinda a news junkie like me, give it a try. Once you get it customized it really is a nice system.

TLDR: New awesome news page with readability, multiple angles in articles, a fact check block, and great aggregation.

Back
Top Bottom