• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Rape of Nanjing

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist
Just saw this today linked from my husband.

Someone just got their hands on a photo album of the Rape of Nanjing.

I agree with the poster that these are things every human should know of our species, of the things we are capable of.

More than anything it reminds me from that part of Dune (pick one) with that empty box full of Pain.

It's an open plea to help get these in the hands of proper historians and museums.

@Politesse where you at?

Welcome to property law. The book belongs to the owner, or if anyone else were to make some sort of valid legal claim, that someone would likely be the same national government that destroyed the majority of such photographs in the first place.

History doesn't vanish, it gets edited by the powerful.

Welcome to property law. The book belongs to the owner, or if anyone else were to make some sort of valid legal claim, that someone would likely be the same national government that destroyed the majority of such photographs in the first place.

Well, for the sake of this photo book, I don't think property law is going to swing harder than internet exposure.

If you want to take a swing at getting this into a museum or internet archive, now is the time and the power is yours.

It is going to a museum, perhaps one in China.

Essentially, the owner wants this in a museum.

They have posted some of the images online on their Twitter already and they are highly graphic and disturbing.

This may be the clearest look we will ever see this.

There was a Chines Holocaust but we gnarly did not ear of it post war. The use of atomic bombs is always accntuated even though tyhe casualties were insignificant in caparison to the total casualties in the Pacific and China, and what Japan did against civilians.

Probably because we needed Japan as an aly and China was communist.

The Japanese had a bio weapon program and used Chinese pepole for experiments.

Back
Top Bottom