• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Resistance™ Blocks Traffic, Fails

Thanks for reminding us that conservatives fantasize about acts of terrorism and encourage each other to commit acts of terrorism.

[ent]hellip[/ent]but don't call them deplorable. That would be mean!

- - - Updated - - -

Moments like this make me wish Trump gets a full eight years.

Anti-Trump protest shuts down 101 Freeway in downtown LA

The best way to persuade someone to your point of view is to make them late for work. :joy:

Hurrah for highway patrol. So not Woke.

Oh yeah, 4 people block traffic therefore resistance to Trump is stupid and he should get 8 more years.

Don't you love it?

4 people block traffic, therefore it is reasonable to kill people who disagree with right wingers, but if we point out that actual Nazis with actual Nazi flags in Charlottesville were wearing red MAGA caps, we are "attacking their free speech."

Thanks for reminding us that conservatives fantasize about acts of terrorism and encourage each other to commit acts of terrorism.

- - - Updated - - -

The best way to persuade someone to your point of view is to make them late for work. :joy:

Oh yeah, 4 people block traffic therefore resistance to Trump is stupid and he should get 8 more years.

Don't you love it?

4 people block traffic, therefore it is reasonable to kill people who disagree with right wingers, but if we point out that actual Nazis with actual Nazi flags in Charlottesville were wearing red MAGA caps, we are "attacking their free speech."

Ah, crap. Underseer got triggered.

I was once sitting in my vehicle in a Walmart parking lot. I was minding my own business and not bothering anyone. I was on my cell phone talking to someone, and I noticed from across the way, there was some guy (white, nicely addressed, and not causing any commotion), but he did approach a couple different people--I witnessed this myself. He had went up to the first, and before long, he went towards another. There was no stir, nothing sinister, and nothing completely out of the ordinary, but then, he decided (HE DECIDED) to approach me.

First, let's be real clear. He approached me. I didn't approach him. I didn't go out looking for trouble. That's not to say he was looking for trouble, and so you know, there was no trouble. But, he approached me. He did this. He did this.

So, what did he want? He said, "excuse me buddy. I was wondering if I could ask you for a favor."

I told who I was speaking with on the phone, "let me get off here. I have trouble walking my way, and I want to be ready." Well, long story short, he heard me. I made sure of that, and just so you know, I was ready. Armed, anxious, and highly fucking ready.

Of course, he wasn't out looking for trouble, but in case you are as lost as a virgin in a bar, let me repeat: he approached me.

What's wrong with that? In this example, nothing. Not a damn thing. Not a mother fucking thing.

If I approach someone, that's not in and of itself a bad thing, but if I approach someone looking to fuck with them, I expect backlash. I expect to have a fight on my hands. That day, I was a bastard. I was a deplorable, but let you not forget, he approached me, and had he done so looking for trouble, I would have been just the right one to personally redefine his understanding of what the word, "sick" really means.

He left shitten, and I went my way. My way. My way though life not fucking with others. Sure, I approach people on occasion, and all is well, as I don't go looking for trouble. Um, well, except when I do, but that's another story.

Now, let's make sure we're on the same page. If you go stand by the road handing out pamphlets to passerby's, a consequence of that is you're the one doing the approaching, and that's all fine and well, but if you stand in the road with the intention of blocking traffic, a consequence of that is not only are you the one doing the approaching, but you're also the one fucking with others.

I believe in doing what's right and avoiding doing what's wrong, and if I'm approached, I'll cautiously stand on the side of doing what's right and avoiding doing what's wrong, but for some of us, coming at us with the intentions of fucking with us, well, morals be damned ... all bets are off.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you love it?

Says Trausti the perpetually triggered. Mostly triggered by brown people being uppity.

- - - Updated - - -

I was once sitting in my vehicle in a Walmart parking lot. I was minding my own business and not bothering anyone. I was on my cell phone talking to someone, and I noticed from across the way, there was some guy (white, nicely addressed, and not causing any commotion), but he did approach a couple different people--I witnessed this myself. He had went up to the first, and before long, he went towards another. There was no stir, nothing sinister, and nothing completely out of the ordinary, but then, he decided (HE DECIDED) to approach me.

First, let's be real clear. He approached me. I didn't approach him. I didn't go out looking for trouble. That's not to say he was looking for trouble, and so you know, there was no trouble. But, he approached me. He did this. He did this.

So, what did he want? He said, "excuse me buddy. I was wondering if I could ask you for a favor."

I told who I was speaking with on the phone, "let me get off here. I have trouble walking my way, and I want to be ready." Well, long story short, he heard me. I made sure of that, and just so you know, I was ready. Armed, anxious, and highly fucking ready.

Of course, he wasn't out looking for trouble, but in case you are as lost as a virgin in a bar, let me repeat: he approached me.

What's wrong with that? In this example, nothing. Not a damn thing. Not a mother fucking thing.

If I approach someone, that's not in and of itself a bad thing, but if I approach someone looking to fuck with them, I expect backlash. I expect to have a fight on my hands. That day, I was a bastard. I was a deplorable, but let you not forget, he approached me, and had he done so looking for trouble, I would have been just the right one to personally redefine his understanding of what the word, "sick" really means.

He left shitten, and I went my way. My way. My way though life not fucking with others. Sure, I approach people on occasion, and all is well, as I don't go looking for trouble. Um, well, except when I do, but that's another story.

Now, let's make sure we're on the same page. If you go stand by the road handing out pamphlets to passerby's, a consequence of that is you're the one doing the approaching, and that's all fine and well, but if you stand in the road with the intention of blocking traffic, a consequence of that is not only are you the one doing the approaching, but you're also the one fucking with others.

I believe in doing what's right and avoiding doing what's wrong, and if I'm approached, I'll cautiously stand on the side of doing what's right and avoiding doing what's wrong, but for some of us, coming at us with the intentions of fucking with us, well, morals be damned ... all bets are off.

That happened :thinking:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you love it?

I'm the one who got triggered?

You're having fantasies about killing people because they disagree with you. I'm not the one who got triggered here. Charlottesville was not the first time a Conservative tried to hurt or kill human beings in this way. That's because you people are always encouraging each other to do this specific kind of terrorism.

That's why we can call you terrorists. It's not just that some of you do it, but that doing this is part of your ideology.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you love it?

You're right.

I know people on facebook who post how they'd love it if cars hit the BLM people.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you love it?

Heh. You got owned.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you love it?

Heh. You got owned.

BIGLY! :D

If I ever am in a situation where I have a political cause and feel I have no voice in government, I will stop traffic. I won't make people late for work. They won't get to work that day. It will be such an overall shut down that government resources to maintain order will be overwhelmed. Fire departments, paramedics, school buses, nobody moves on the streets.

Of course, this will irritate people, but only those with political power, the kind of power that tells politicians to see that this kind of thing doesn't happen again. Since we've already proved they can't stop it from happening, their only path is to address the problems that inspired the protest.

That's how it works. People who are blocking traffic aren't trying to win converts. Telling them to stand on the sidewalk and play nice, is useless.

Of course, I am a middle aged white man, so getting my voice heard is not difficult. My Congressman and my Senator will take my call. I find that kind of weird, but you grow up with these guys and they remember you. I'm hoping that changes soon and I have to leave a message, like everybody else.

Of course, this will irritate people, but only those with political power, the kind of power that tells politicians to see that this kind of thing doesn't happen again. Since we've already proved they can't stop it from happening, their only path is to address the problems that inspired the protest.

Do you really think only those with power will get irritated by you stopping them from getting to work that day? You don't think the guy working a minimum wage job and who gets fired for being late is going to be a little irritated as well?

Do you really think only those with power will get irritated by you stopping them from getting to work that day? You don't think the guy working a minimum wage job and who gets fired for being late is going to be a little irritated as well?
It is probably impossible to engage in a protest that does not general collateral inconvenience or vexation. So, is there an actual point to your observation?

Probably, but what are you going to do about it?

Back
Top Bottom