• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Russia coverage should focus on how Trump aided the Oligarchs in ripping off Russian people.

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
Take an example of an oligarch that Trump helped to launder money. Show where money came from (graft in public works etc...) and how it empoverished specific Russian people. Hammer it very hard. See what happens.

I would suspect that the American investigation should be about how American's broke American laws. Unless and Until Russia asks us for assistance in straightening out an internal matter of theirs...

People are getting burned out on the investigation. I want the investigation to continue, but me knowing all the details (many inaccurate) in real time is not a good use of time. This is stuff that is more information about why money laundering is bad for the people tired of the investigation.

This can turn sentiment away from Trump being a "victim" of the "unfair press", by showing real victims. Also, constant coverage of this will bleed into Russia itself.

That's kinda the whole POINT of the vast media industry. Whatever you're interested in, you could probably find it, and fill your day with things that you think enhance your time rather than waste it, without demanding that everyone else lose interest in the things that bore you. Reward the channels that pander to your interests with your consumer dollar, and make their advertisers happy.

If you feel that the media is wasting your time by continuing to report the increasing revelations of Trump's and his posse's behavior, you can always watch SpongeBob Squarepants.

I think that Trump has been involved with money laundering for years.

I also think that the good folks at the NSA/CIA/FBI already know exactly what he has done from their illegal wiretaps/surveillance, but need to "find" the information legitimately. It doesn't bother me in this case.

I don't need more convincing. I just think that covering the upstream victims of the oligarchs that Trump deals with would be useful.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather see reporting on how much money Trump is making off the Presidency.

People are dumb and this money comes from a magical place and doesn't have real victims. Show the victims and cut off misguided sympathy for Trump.

I also think that the good folks at the NSA/CIA/FBI already know exactly what he has done from their illegal wiretaps/surveillance

Any evidence that any such thing was done without a FISA warrant?

I also think that the good folks at the NSA/CIA/FBI already know exactly what he has done from their illegal wiretaps/surveillance

Any evidence that any such thing was done without a FISA warrant?

The whole point is that there is no way to get evidence. What would your guess be? What is the chance they don't already know exactly how he is guilty already?

It is probably the deep state version of the Baltimore body cam showing drugs being planted. Not that they are planting the evidence, but they are not gonna make a stink about Russian Oligarch financial ties and specific favors because of that unless they know they have him dead to rights.

But Trump is needing to be removed, so I am not shedding a tear for him.

People are dumb and this money comes from a magical place and doesn't have real victims. Show the victims and cut off misguided sympathy for Trump.

Sure it does. We're all being played for suckers. Americans will care more about American victims than Russian.

Take an example of an oligarch that Trump helped to launder money. Show where money came from (graft in public works etc...) and how it empoverished specific Russian people. Hammer it very hard. See what happens.

According to this guy:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/bill-browders-testimony-to-the-senate-judiciary-committee/534864/

Putin is THE oligarch. That meeting Donny Jr. and (He Went To) Jared had with the Russian lawyer about "adoption?" It wasn't about adoption. Nor was it insignificant.

What is the Magnitsky Act? Why were the Russians lobbying the Trump campaign? Not so much adoption as "trying to undo sanctions imposed on Putin because murder."

I think that's something that's on the way. He's only been in office for about 7 months, so it's likely there hasn't been enough time and/or resources to fully investigate it. But it seems a good bet that there is more than one journalist looking to make a name for him/herself by uncovering how much money Trump is making off his "presidency."

Not that his thick-headed supporters will give a damn.

According to this guy:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/bill-browders-testimony-to-the-senate-judiciary-committee/534864/

Putin is THE oligarch. That meeting Donny Jr. and (He Went To) Jared had with the Russian lawyer about "adoption?" It wasn't about adoption. Nor was it insignificant.

What is the Magnitsky Act? Why were the Russians lobbying the Trump campaign? Not so much adoption as "trying to undo sanctions imposed on Putin because murder."
Well, it's clear that it did not work because US is only increasing sanctions and I would not trust someone who turned anti-putin when his own business of robbing russian people became more difficult, yes, Browder was one of these oligarchs.

Back
Top Bottom