• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The US Oligarchy

masterpeastheater

Basic Beliefs
agnostic leaning atheist
Will anything ever be done about? If so, how and when?
Will the US ever have nice things such as universal healthcare?
I am beginning to think the answer to both questions is no, and
and our oligarchy via campaign bribery and other skeezy influences
will have no end other than total collapse or oppression for everyone in the
US who is not at least upper middle class, I just dont see any signs of
change or its prerequisites at all(like large sustained protest).

Before Trump I would have said things will never improve and just take a similar path in history exactly as took place with the Roman senate.

But Trump gives me hope now. Who else would be taking on a huge corporation like Amazon right now? Or taking on the sacred corporate cows like TPP or NFTA? Or even considering tax cuts for the middle class? Or even looking at working class jobs like coal mining and steel?

Not your average McCain, Romney, Bush, Hillary politician thats for sure.

Things might actually improve for the middle class for once. And if that should happen it will give hope to other voters who have already given up.

History cannot be predicted.

We have the most powerful oligarchy in history running the US in their interests.

Skyrocketing costs of higher education.

The oligarchy doesn't mind.

Shrinking opportunity.

An insane drug war feeding a for profit prison system.

The US has a totally dysfunctional democracy. The system is completely corrupted by wealth.

And a functioning bottom up democracy is the only remedy to oligarchy.

Will anything ever be done about? If so, how and when?
Will the US ever have nice things such as universal healthcare?
I am beginning to think the answer to both questions is no, and
and our oligarchy via campaign bribery and other skeezy influences
will have no end other than total collapse or oppression for everyone in the
US who is not at least upper middle class, I just dont see any signs of
change or its prerequisites at all(like large sustained protest).

OMG COMMUNIST!!!!! COMMUNISM FAILED! DIDN'T ANYONE TELL YOU THAT COMMUNISM FAILED?

See? That's how it works, or at least that's how we got to this point. The masses can always be made to promote policies that benefit the oligarch elites through propaganda. They've even convinced the masses that anyone who opposes policies that benefit the oligarchy is an "elitist."

Before Trump I would have said things will never improve and just take a similar path in history exactly as took place with the Roman senate.

But Trump gives me hope now. Who else would be taking on a huge corporation like Amazon right now? Or taking on the sacred corporate cows like TPP or NFTA? Or even considering tax cuts for the middle class? Or even looking at working class jobs like coal mining and steel?

Things might actually improve for the middle class for once. And if that should happen it will give hope to other voters who have already given up.

Trump and his followers make decisions based on false propaganda that was created for the express purpose of helping the oligarchy, of which Trump himself is a member.

The US has had an oligarchy at least since the Industrial Revolution, and I see no reason to think that will change.

It would be nice if the oligarchs could become more-or-less competent again....

The US has had an oligarchy at least since the Industrial Revolution, and I see no reason to think that will change.

It would be nice if the oligarchs could become more-or-less competent again....

The one thing that weakened it slightly was the unions.

When US unions were at their peak in the 50's and 60's working people had a voice in Congress and the great American middle class emerged.

It was the golden age of the US working class. The oligarchy did fine but it was not enough for them. They launched a campaign to destroy the unions.

It has been downhill since the election of Reagan for unions, for working men and women, and for the middle class.

I see Trump as no less corrupt or self interested than other politicians, but I see him waking a lot of people all across America to becoming politically active.

If nothing else, Trump is a demonstration that American Democracy isnt completely dead and that the people have a voice and can shake things up and derail the establishment insiders.

I don't agree with Trump's policies, but I am encouraged by his being elected over the establishment choices. It means the oligarchs haven't totally locked you down. It means you can still rise up. I suggest you do so while you still can.

How do I become one of these oligarchs?

I have a job that pays enough for the Democrats to think I'm rich, but I never get called to any meetings to decide the fate of the country or anything.

I have a job that pays enough for the Democrats to think I'm rich, but I never get called to any meetings to decide the fate of the country or anything.

You have to join the Freemasons.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpOjj4YD8c[/youtube]

You amass great wealth that is so great it gives you control of politicians and perpetuates itself.

These people actually exist.

And they control Democrats and Republicans alike.

Thus we live in 2018 and have a health insurance system devised in the 1940s. A system that assumed if a person worked they would have good health insurance.

A for-profit system mainly serves the oligarchy. That is why it exists instead of a modern single payer system.

You can see it but I doubt you will believe your eyes.

Example after example where the oligarchy is served and not society. From the skyrocketing price of education, to the price of homes and shelter in general, to the lack of unions, killed illegally with the consent of the bought and paid for government, to the drug war, to the for-profit prison system, to the lack of resources devoted to infrastructure, to endless wars, to lack of concern for global climate change, to worsening inner city ghettos all over the nation. The needs of the oligarchy are being served while all others suffer.

Real corruption does not seem to interest you.

So you drone on and on about insignificant people like Nancy Pelosi.

Wait, so there is a cadre of rich people calling the shots in this country and Nancy Pelosi is not one of them?

That's very hard to believe. a) She's rich; b) She's powerful; c) Her power supposedly derives from her ability to raise money.

You're kidding, right? Seriously?

You amass great wealth that is so great it gives you control of politicians and perpetuates itself.

Thus we live in 2018 and have a health insurance system devised in the 1940s. A system that assumed if a person worked they would have good health insurance.

A for-profit system mainly serves the oligarchy. That is why it exists instead of a modern single payer system.

Example after example where the oligarchy is served and not society. From the skyrocketing price of education, to the price of homes and shelter in general, to the lack of unions, killed illegally with the consent of the bought and paid for government, to the drug war, to the for-profit prison system, to the lack of resources devoted to infrastructure, to endless wars, to lack of concern for global climate change, to worsening inner city ghettos all over the nation. The needs of the oligarchy are being served while all others suffer.

Actually the system was completely changed (moved to 'for profit') in the 1970's thanks to Nixon being in bed with his buddy, Kaiser.

http://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...t-of-1973-passed-by-nixon-changed-everything/

Wait, so there is a cadre of rich people calling the shots in this country and Nancy Pelosi is not one of them?

That's very hard to believe. a) She's rich; b) She's powerful; c) Her power supposedly derives from her ability to raise money.

There are many people calling the shots with many politicians.

One thing is certain. Working people are calling no shots. Their lives are getting harder and harder and opportunities are being squandered to serve the oligarchy.

Pelosi has some power but right now she has no power to stop Republicans that vote in a block time after time.

Talk about a cadre.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the system was completely changed (moved to 'for profit') in the 1970's thanks to Nixon being in bed with his buddy, Kaiser.

http://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...t-of-1973-passed-by-nixon-changed-everything/

The HMO's were not the first for profit corporations in health insurance.

They just took it a step further.

One thing is certain. Working people are calling no shots. Their lives are getting harder and harder and opportunities are being squandered to serve the oligarchy.

Pelosi has some power but right now she has no power to stop Republicans that vote in a block time after time.

Talk about a cadre.

Did I mention she carries a giant hammer?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Nancy Pelosi ain't no "working people". A) she's rich; b) she's powerful c) she carries a giant hammer.

Nancy Pelosi is certainly one of them.

Talk about a cadre.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Nancy Pelosi ain't no "working people". A) she's rich; b) she's powerful c) she carries a giant hammer.

Being rich does not make you corrupt. It simply allows you to be corrupt.

The problem is a system that is based on the corruption of wealth. That is how things get done.

And as we see by the clown in charge, being rich does not mean you think well.

Talk about a cadre.

Being rich does not make you corrupt. It simply allows you to be corrupt.

The problem is a system that is based on the corruption of wealth. That is how things get done.

And as we see by the clown in charge, being rich does not mean you think well.

What? Anybody can be corrupt.

Back
Top Bottom