• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Walking Dead, season 5

jab

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
non-militant atheist
I missed this: Why did gunfire begin in Terminus in the season opener?

Walkers wandering near the fence.

Which is why they sent people out with fireworks to draw them away, but instead got the attention of Carol/Rambo

Awesome first episode. Below be spoilers

I thought it was a bit weak to open with the cannibals in the railway car though, you knew from the first few seconds that everyone was going to escape and it became far less suspenseful. Given the show's proclivity for capping major characters it would have made things much more edge-of-the-seat. Also Rick cutting the zip tie with the bit of wood stretched belief, lazy writing, but great start nonetheless.

Fairly impressed by the first episode of the season.

One thing becomes clear afterwards: Carol will die this season.

Other than that, if Scott Gimple has gotten his head out of his ass maybe it will be a good season. After last season I feel like this might be wishful thinking, but I'll wait and see.

Observations from episode 3

Religious messages in scenes inside the church:

On the sign posted at the front of the church near the pulpit where the hymn numbers and readings for the day are posted include one for "MA2752". That, of course, is most likely Matthew 27:52 in which Matthew reports the dead rising and walking around in Jerusalem.

Also, when Bob is dispatched after he dies at the end, a wooden carving of the last supper hangs above his bed.

Good opening to the episode. Starting off with a twist

Tainted Meat! Tainted Meat!!! :devil-smiley-029:

Is the protected guy, who claims to have a cure, really a scientist or not?

Yes I have (just) seen the episode where he claims not to be a scientist, but that could be just a ruse to avoid attempting to plow onwards through a horde of zombies.

Yes I have (just) seen the episode where he claims not to be a scientist, but that could be just a ruse to avoid attempting to plow onwards through a horde of zombies.

In the comics, Eugene is...

a fake as well. I was wondering if they were going to change it up for the TV show. He is very smart, and a high school science teacher, but not a scientist.

It always seemed far fetched to me - not the kind of show to have a magic bullet solution. I was unhappy that they went back to this storyline rather than finishing off the one at the hospital but it turned out to be a solid episode.

Even if it was a ruse it appears to have backfired in that it looks like he was beaten to death anyway.

Spoiling comment

Military dude has walker blood in the cut on his hand and Eugene the lying prick will be empowered by killing him when he turns. I don't read the comic and I have no idea but that is my prediction.

Back
Top Bottom