• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Woke-Industrial Complex

thebeave

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Last year, Lockheed Martin Corporation, the nation’s largest defense contractor, sent white male executives to a three-day diversity-training program aimed at deconstructing their “white male culture” and encouraging them to atone for their “white male privilege.”

At the beginning of the program, the diversity trainers led a “free association” exercise, asking the Lockheed employees to list connotations for the term “white men.” The trainers wrote down “old,” “racist,” “privileged,” “anti-women,” “angry,” “Aryan Nation,” “KKK,” “Founding fathers,” “guns,” “guilty,” and “can’t jump.” According to the participants, these perceptions have led to “assumptions about white men and diversity,” with many employees believing that white men “don’t care about diversity,” “have a classical perspective on history and colonialism,” and “don’t want to give away our power.”

And my personal favorite (bold mine):

In a set of related resources, White Men As Full Diversity Partners lays out its theory of privilege. The firm’s founders, Welp and Bill Proudman, have argued that white males must “work hard to understand” their “white privilege,” “male privilege,” and “heterosexual privilege,” which affords them unearned benefits. The firm’s training programs are designed to assist white men in discovering the “roots of white male culture.” That culture, according to Welp and Proudman, consists of traits—such as “rugged individualism,” “a can-do attitude,” “hard work,” “operating from principles,” and “striving towards success”—which are superficially positive but are “devastating” to women and minorities.

http://christopherrufo.com/the-woke-industrial-complex/

Good. It’s about time America woke up and confronted white male privilege. It’s real and insidious as it sounds. I witness almost every day.

People think discrimination is illegal. What a crock. There are so many loopholes in our anti-discrimination laws it’s pathetic. They don’t apply to something like 80% of workers in America. They don’t apply to small employers, private clubs, college fraternities, and of course churches. Places where white male privilege are openly celebrated. Think these things don’t have an impact?

If you want a good job after college, join the right white male fraternity. You will gain access to a large network of white male business contacts that can help you. Want to super charge your career once you have that job? Join the local all white country club. No blacks allowed. You will meet other privileged and very rich white males who can really make a difference. Even if they aren’t openly racist. Join the local white church too. Freedom of religion is important, even if those religions openly discriminate. It doesn’t matter if you believe. Just join.

And find the right white woman to marry. Not the man you really love. And definitely not the African American woman you really want. Either of those things will kiss your career goodbye.

And don’t even get me started in the failure of our courts to enforce our anti discrimination laws when they do apply.

I looked at the website. I've never seen anyone more woke about the woke than that guy (not a compliment, btw).

Workplace discrimination costs businesses tens of billions of dollars every year due to good people (non-white guys) leaving the company. Why wouldn't companies attack this problem? In the past, focus has been placed on discrimination of women and people of color. Now, focus is being placed on the privilege of white men. As it should be. Many white men do not see themselves as discriminatory. Further, they would stop it if and when they witness it. What is not understood is that most people other than white men have to consider discrimination on a daily basis. It is a part of their routine of how to avoid situations of potential discrimination. Most white guys know nothing of this.

Why not poke around their website. Check out other news stories about the company. This story is the opinion of one young white guy who has shown his colors.

https://wmfdp.com/

Last year, Lockheed Martin Corporation, the nation’s largest defense contractor, sent white male executives to a three-day diversity-training program aimed at deconstructing their “white male culture” and encouraging them to atone for their “white male privilege.”

At the beginning of the program, the diversity trainers led a “free association” exercise, asking the Lockheed employees to list connotations for the term “white men.” The trainers wrote down “old,” “racist,” “privileged,” “anti-women,” “angry,” “Aryan Nation,” “KKK,” “Founding fathers,” “guns,” “guilty,” and “can’t jump.” According to the participants, these perceptions have led to “assumptions about white men and diversity,” with many employees believing that white men “don’t care about diversity,” “have a classical perspective on history and colonialism,” and “don’t want to give away our power.”

And my personal favorite (bold mine):

In a set of related resources, White Men As Full Diversity Partners lays out its theory of privilege. The firm’s founders, Welp and Bill Proudman, have argued that white males must “work hard to understand” their “white privilege,” “male privilege,” and “heterosexual privilege,” which affords them unearned benefits. The firm’s training programs are designed to assist white men in discovering the “roots of white male culture.” That culture, according to Welp and Proudman, consists of traits—such as “rugged individualism,” “a can-do attitude,” “hard work,” “operating from principles,” and “striving towards success”—which are superficially positive but are “devastating” to women and minorities.

http://christopherrufo.com/the-woke-industrial-complex/

The phrases that "hard work; can-do attitude; striving towards success" as being devastating to women and minorities is one of the absurd and insulting statements that I've ever heard. It makes me think that the above is a parody. Regardless, minorities don't need lowered standards to compete with white people.

The phrases that "hard work; can-do attitude; striving towards success" as being devastating to women and minorities is one of the absurd and insulting statements that I've ever heard. It makes me think that the above is a parody. Regardless, minorities don't need lowered standards to compete with white people.

Oh don’t give us this Horatio Alger bullshit. These phrases are nothing but empty shit spouted by people who never had to work hard for anything they got. Indeed the way to wealth in this country today is not through hard work but gambling - usually with inside information.

Oh don’t give us this Horatio Alger bullshit. These phrases are nothing but empty shit spouted by people who never had to work hard for anything they got. Indeed the way to wealth in this country today is not through hard work but gambling - usually with inside information.

Oh brother!!! Yea, successful non-white people make it by gambling; but the white people: they succeed through hard work! That is just so insulting.

Oh brother!!! Yea, successful non-white people make it by gambling; but the white people: they succeed through hard work! That is just so insulting.

That’s the opposite of what I said.

If you want a good job after college, join the right white male fraternity. You will gain access to a large network of white male business contacts that can help you. Want to super charge your career once you have that job? Join the local all white country club. No blacks allowed. You will meet other privileged and very rich white males who can really make a difference. Even if they aren’t openly racist. Join the local white church too.

This isn’t White Privilege, it’s class privilege. It costs $$$ to join a frat and $$$ to join a country club. The most obvious example that White Privilege doesn’t exist is that it’s fashionable to runaway from White. Rachel Dolezal, Elizabeth Warren, Talcum-X, etc. When is the last time you read a story about a non-White person pretending to be White for advantage? Just doesn’t happen. Being a straight White male in our society is the worse thing you can be.

Back
Top Bottom