• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The women's march shows it's true colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://forward.com/opinion/431550/...fies-anti-semitic-muslims-they-are-betraying/

They got rid of the well-known anti-semites and brought in another.

The original intent was good but it's been subverted.

Was that “good” original intent having Western women put on burkas and pretend to be oppressed while totally ignoring women in Muslim countries who are jailed for making a different choice?

Good point. Why do we hear so much from "feminists" about exaggerations like the gender pay gap and idiculousness like manspreading but so rarely about actual repression of women in some parts of the world?

Yet another anti-feminist whinefest from the usual hobbyhorsemen of the ohcrapolypse. Yawn.

It’s anti-feminist to think that women should not be jailed for refusing to wear the burka. What a world.

Thing is Trausti that they are brown, so different ethical rules apply to them in the regressive mindset. I'm brown too. Why don't I get special perks here? Because I'm also asian.

https://forward.com/opinion/431550/...fies-anti-semitic-muslims-they-are-betraying/

Was that “good” original intent having Western women put on burkas and pretend to be oppressed while totally ignoring women in Muslim countries who are jailed for making a different choice?

Good point. Why do we hear so much from "feminists" about exaggerations like the gender pay gap and idiculousness like manspreading but so rarely about actual repression of women in some parts of the world?

Good point? Far from it. Would you have asked the Suffragettes why you weren't hearing from them about the inability of women to vote in China?

Good point? Far from it. Would you have asked the Suffragettes why you weren't hearing from them about the inability of women to vote in China?

Suffragettes actually were oppressed. The difference in situations wasn't that massive then as it is compared to "feminists" today complaining bout manspreading and women getting acid thrown in their faces and getting murdered for leaving the house.

The suffragettes were actively campaigning for the right to vote, which they did not have, and probably believed that women everywhere should have that right. That doesn't compare to 4th wave feminists complaining about manspreading and ignoring women getting arrested for refusing to wear a burqa. It is almost as if manspreading is more oppressive than having to wear a burqa.

The big problem for Feminists in the west today is that there is nothing left to legitimately have issues about. They are just a bunch of whining vagbats. Some of them don't even shave under their arms, and some have short head hair (the lesbian ones).

Being anti-Zionist is not anti-Semitism.

Her garbage is far more than just anti-Zionism.

Seeing as the examples they hold up to make the claim she is anti-Semitic, what should be their very best evidence, are specifically anti-Zionist, I doubt that.

... "feminists" today complaining bout manspreading and women getting acid thrown in their faces and getting murdered for leaving the house.

While you may hate that some people complain about manspreading, it's something regular guys complain about too, and it isn't any part of the Women's March mission, but being anti-violence against women is. So, yeah, they might complain about women getting acid thrown in their faces or being murdered. Violence against women is not a joke.

... "feminists" today complaining bout manspreading and women getting acid thrown in their faces and getting murdered for leaving the house.

While you may hate that some people complain about manspreading, it's something regular guys complain about too, and it isn't any part of the Women's March mission, but being anti-violence against women is. So, yeah, they might complain about women getting acid thrown in their faces or being murdered. Violence against women is not a joke.

You dishonestly edited my quote to make it look like the opposite of what I actually wrote. Violence against anyone is no joke. Manspreading is a joke.

The suffragettes were actively campaigning for the right to vote, which they did not have, and probably believed that women everywhere should have that right. That doesn't compare to 4th wave feminists complaining about manspreading and ignoring women getting arrested for refusing to wear a burqa. It is almost as if manspreading is more oppressive than having to wear a burqa.

The difficulty I don't think you are perhaps understanding is that it is not an easy thing for women --or anyone--to argue about a rights issue in another culture/part of the world, especially when defiance of those rules can endanger women more than the offensive rule in the first place. It can seem awfully patronizing and tone deaf. Some women embrace the burka or hijab and some do not. It can be used as a tool to control women but there are aspects of being covered that are also liberating.

Personally, I don't think it's anybody's business to tell women what they can and cannot wear.

You dishonestly edited my quote to make it look like the opposite of what I actually wrote. Violence against anyone is no joke. Manspreading is a joke.

Violence is not a joke. Neither is manspreading. It may not be an issue for you but women must be careful in public places and public transportation. You may not do this but some men definitely 'manspread' as a way of asserting or attempting to assert dominance. One guy I used to work with used to do this in our workplace. Generally, the women laughed at him behind his back because he was such a wanker, as I believe the Brits term it. But also a nasty person who was not at all above doing much,much worse directly and indirectly. He made up a viscious lie and nearly got someone in the lab fired. For shits and giggles. He also had a habit of belittling people he thought he could get by with belittling and yes, sexually harassing. Unfortunately, the victim refused to go to management. Yes, I know it happened. I saw and heard some of it.

Obviously, not every guy who takes a wide stance---er seating position on public transport is deliberately being a dick or is consciously being aggressive but it is impossible to know unless you witness further behavior. Even if personal experience did not inform us, we should all be aware of how common it is for women to be blamed for sexual assault or to have assaults minimized.

There's really no legitimate justification for anyone on public transport to deliberately take up as much extra space as possible when space is limited and users are many. At best, it is ill mannered and inconsiderate. At worse, it's much worse. And really, there's just not a good reason not to sit with one's legs reasonably close together to make room for other passengers.

Don't blame me for your idiotic posts that are not clear. Instead respond to the substance. MEN AND WOMEN talk about man spreading and it is not part of the Women's March PLATFORM. Look at their web page, dude. A few months ago, I took a train and observed manspreading by crude dudes for the first time. I was amazed that the ticket guy let them get away with it. As far as the Women's March, their ACTUAL platform is about anti-violence to women, not MANSPREADING. Any discussion at this point about who DISHONESTLY believes what or said what by you is projection, if you do not accept facts.

Women deserve to live full and healthy lives, free of all forms of violence against our bodies. We believe in accountability and justice in cases of police brutality and ending racial profiling and targeting of communities of color. It is our moral imperative to dismantle the gender and racial inequities within the criminal justice system.
https://womensmarch.com/mission-and-principles

I don't see why we can't criticise feminist issues around manspreading. Such criticisms are anti-feminist, and as such are surely fully on topic. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom